Let us know when you prayed and give us your reflections.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, marylover, Management

By misty
Hi folks,

I have just completed my praying and here are some of my reflections during prayer.

On starting my prayers the Israel/Lebanon ceasefire was in force. I prayed that the ceasefire would continue.

I chose to say the Glorious Mysteries, partly because with this day being the Feast of the Assumption reflection on this Mystery was contained within these Mysteries. Also, some of these Mysteries particularly give us a lot of hope for the next life.

I was conscious throughout my prayers that Our Lady was praying with me.

When reflecting on the final Glorious Mystery, I was conscious of Our Lady as Queen of Peace praying before the Cross at Krizevac each day at 5 am - on our behalf.

Praise be Jesus and Our Lady Queen of Peace!

misty

http://www.medjugorjenews-nz.org
By Marlyn
Hi everybody, I just completed my rosary . I chose like Misty did the Glorious Mysteries for the same reason .... Needless to say that I felt blessed not only during prayers but during the whole day ... Yes Misty Our Lady is praying for us and is asking Her Son Jesus Our Lord to cover us with His Divine Mercy and grant us Peace.. Praised be The Lord .
God bless you all and MIR to everybody . Marlyn
By marie bernarde
Hi everyone, I just completed the Glorious Mysteries of my Rosary too. I used Fr Slavko's book 'Pray with the Heart!' as the basis of my meditations, to add an extra Medjugorje 'feel' to my prayers. One line from the Meditation on the Ascension really struck me as feeling significant: '(He) told the apostles to pray and to wait for help.'

Isn't this just what we're doing in this new prayer group? All we can do is pray with Our Lady and He will do the rest...

Now, I feel a bit daft for mentioning this (as I don't know what to make of it) so I hope that nobody minds me mentioning it here but the chain of my rosary has also changed from silver to a light golden colour. This has thrown me a bit because I was always dubious of this sort of thing; I don't know quite what to think... :o

Anyway, just my reflections for tonight... :)
By Marlyn
Dear Marie Bernarde, I just logged in to tell you guys that I had the same experience I just founf out while looking at my rosary that the chain holding Our Lady's Medal and around the Cross turned golden originaly it was silver so I don't know what to make of it too is it a sign that our Prayers are accepted by Heaven is it a sign from Our Lady what to think of it Sean and you Misty ?
:D
By starbright
I'm sure it's a sign that you and your prayers are acceptable to Heaven and that Our Lady loves you with an unceasing love

I prayed this evening a little late because I forgot but I started at about twenty to seven. I didn't finish my mysteries because I had to go out to Mass at seven, but I found that Mass was special to me because I had been praying just beforehand. I never usually do that and it has made me think that it is worth preparing for Mass and saying some prayers. It was a lovely Mass with a visiting priest. I felt closer to God during the Eucharist than I usually do. I will finish saying the mysteries with my usualy rosary later on this evening.
By Toni
Hello everyone,

I was driving to Mass at a different church at this evening, one I hadn't been to before. I began saying the Sorrowful Mysteries at around 6.10.
When I arrived at the church it was 6.35 and I then began the Glorious Mysteries. I prayed for peace in the Lebanon, peace in our hearts, in our families and peace in the world. For Mary's plan, and for the people we have been asked to pray for on the forum. and also for some private intentions. It was a special feeling knowing everyone is doing this Rosary Chain.

God Bless,

Toni
By paddy
Last edited by paddy on Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Guest
Hi everyone, Praying all at once is such a great feeling. I am sure our dear Blessed Mother is smiling down upon us.
I started out with a prayer to our group here at this forum, then, I prayed the sorrowful mystery of the rosary, and, ended with a prayer to Mary composed by Pope John Paul II.
Misty, what a great idea you created. a prayer to you as well.
Love and God Bless all
Sylvia
By Spera
Now I wish I used rosary beads instead of my fingers! :lol:

For me, I began praying at 6:30 and it took me almost the whole hour to say one rosary because I had many distractions (my husband coming home from work, the telephone, my daughter making brownies and needing my help, and a headache), plus I'm a slow prayer.

I remembered to say the concecration to Mary at 6:40 which was quite nice.

I said the Glorious Mysteries too, which fit perfectly since I had said the Sorrowful Mysteries earlier.

I prayed especially for Lebanon and also Northern Israel, and peace in the world in general. Then I said the new prayer I learned from the Lady of All Nations apparitions.

In the end, I felt peaceful but also humbled because I had become aware of how much more I could be doing to help Our Lady.

Thank you misty and Sean for doing this. :D
By MedjAdmin
In my prayer today I realized that this rosary chain is the beginning of a powerful prayer movement.

As I've heard from other members of the chain, it is a very powerful thing to know that other people all around the world are joining me in unison.

I went out to dinner with my father, his fiance' and my wife tonight... I asked my wife to drive since it was about 6:25 pm when we departed and it was a half hour drive.

I did not tell anyone about the prayer chain.

As they were all talking, I began to pray at 6:30 pm. I chose to pray the "sevens" in silence since it would have been difficult to break out a rosary in front of my non-believing father.

I could feel in my heart that Our Lady was praying with me -- with all of us -- and it was such a nice feeling.

At 6:40 pm I paused and closed my eyes and told Mary that I loved her, and that if she were to present anything to God for me it would just be a simple "thank you" for everything he has given me.

I have never felt so close to Our Lady since praying at Medjugorje, even though I was in a car with everyone talking --- this prayer was powerful and from the heart.

So, I truly think that we are at the start of a powerful thing here. Thank you to everyone who participated. Next week will be even better!
By Pippy
SEAN!! I did the exact same thing at 6:40pm!!! I closed my eyes and told Mama I loved her and I thanked her for everything!!! :D I recited the Sorrowful Mysteries, I orginally was going to go into the church and say them infront of the Blessed Sacrament but as I was walk toward the door, my eyes kept resting on the lovely scene before me...a little floral grotto with a statute of Our Mother as the Immaculate Heart...how could I turn away???! So I sat upon the stone bench and recited the Rosary. I prayed for everyone with a special prayer for Misty and a special prayer for Sean. :D Then I went inside the Chapel and lit some candles. :D :D And said a few more prayers. It felt so good. Pippy
By LittleRed
I made sure I told my husband and my youngest daughter(my other daughter was at a friend`s house) to not disturb me unless it was an emergency because I really wanted to concentrate on the rosary...So, about 6:15pm, I went upstairs and sat down on the floor in my youngest daughter`s room and started by rattling off who I was dedicating my rosary to :D ...
I did the Sorrowful mysteries which happens to be my favorite one...But this time I fully concentrated on Mother Mary and the pain she must have suffered to witness what her dearly beloved Son endured...And I cried through the whole thing!!
I love the fact that we all did this rosary chain!! It feels right and true!!! :D ...And I feel Mother Mary is proud of all of us!!.
Bless, Sharon
By Guest
I started a few minutes early because we had to leave for church around 6:30. I explained to my children about the prayer chain and asked if they would join in. My children are ages 10, 8, and 5. They agreed. We started with the hymn, then did mistys prayer, then the other prayer for peace, then we did the 7's and to my amazement the children were not distracted during the whole time (my kids are hyperactive) so this was nice. We were in the car on the way to church at 6:40. My daughter and I said our own silent prayer to Mary then all of us together said another Hail Mary. Mass was very nice. I felt very much at peace. The boys actually fell asleep (which is rare). They didn't even fall asleep for Christmas Midnight mass or the Easter Vigil that ended at 11.

Dianne
By dianne7144
Sorry I forget to sign in above.

Dianne
By Gabe
I was at the school preparing my room for next week~ school is only one week away. I saw the time was 6:30 and began praying while I worked. It is amazing to think about so many people around the world praying for Mary's intentions and world peace. I feel we are preparing for something big...can't explain it.

Mary, Refuge of Holy Love, protectress of our faith, pray for us!

God Bless all of you, my global prayer group! :D

In Christ,
Ann
misty wrote:Hi folks,

I have just completed my praying and here are some of my reflections during prayer.

On starting my prayers the Israel/Lebanon ceasefire was in force. I prayed that the ceasefire would continue.

I chose to say the Glorious Mysteries, partly because with this day being the Feast of the Assumption reflection on this Mystery was contained within these Mysteries. Also, some of these Mysteries particularly give us a lot of hope for the next life.

I was conscious throughout my prayers that Our Lady was praying with me.

When reflecting on the final Glorious Mystery, I was conscious of Our Lady as Queen of Peace praying before the Cross at Krizevac each day at 5 am - on our behalf.

Praise be Jesus and Our Lady Queen of Peace!

misty

http://www.medjugorjenews-nz.org
i would like to join the Rosary chain, as i became closer to the Rosary last Lent, and have been ever since, i feel i need it in my life.
please pray for me for an important intention, and i will remember you all in my next Rosary love from mcikath
By starbright
This isn't a reflection from the rosary chain but it is one from Mass on Saturday night this week.

I was in the pew praying about wanting to believe more and more firmly, and suddenly I got the clearest understanding of the nature of the world. It isn't the world and then God is there in some of it, affecting us sometimes; no, it is a world where God is in charge all the time and we are under his influence all the time. Which means that when something good happens the question 'was it luck or God' is irrelevant. It is always always God. All things that happen, happen thanks to God.

I can't really explain what I mean. I thought I could and that is why I came on here, but it is more difficult than I thought. But it means that my faith is stronger because I truly understand now the centrality of Christ.
By Gabe
Beautiful, Starbright! Faith is believing, even in the midst of it all! :D Thank you for sharing your message with us.

In Christ!
By Pippy
Star...I don't think the world has all the necessary words for those things we experience in our hearts. When our hearts talk to us we can feel it and then it forms this kind of understanding in our minds which there really are few words to help us convey what we are experiencing. Then it becomes difficult to relay this to others. But another understanding heart will always know what we are talking about...therefore, few words are necessary. Pippy
By starbright
Thank you for saying that
By Marlyn
Hi everyone in the Prayer chain I completed my Rosary which I began praying on due time, I stood next to Our Lady's statue Rosa Mystica sitting all by myself feeling Our Lady's Blessing so I asked Her to cover the whole world with her Mantle and with the Loving Flame of Her Immaculate Heart and to spread Her blessings all over the world. I asked Her to let each one of you feel her motherly blessing as I did . Peace to all and God bless Marlyn :)
By starbright
Marlyn, you have a great faith. Keep strong and firm in it, and let the Lord guide you.

I prayed at the right time this week. I had a sense of peace and of gratitude as I prayed and I felt that it was because I dedicated my rosary today for the intentions of our Blessed Mother.

When I was praying I got a couple of 'insights':

The finding in the temple - Jesus was found in the temple, just as we can find him there every day in the Blessed Sacrament. Also, Mary found him there discussing the things of God with the priests and rabbis and they were amazed by his questions and answers. Well, we can find him doing just that on the pulpit at every Mass. Finally, we need to be as anxious to find him as Mary was when she found him missing.

The crucifixion - it truly is almost impossible to give up your life for your fellow man. Jesus did just that. It is impossible to comprehend the suffering and difficulty of it. I just can't imagine being able to go willingly to my death, especially as I had the opportunity to run away or to lie my way out of it. I just can't comprehend how He did what He did.
By marie bernarde
I felt very distracted during the rosary tonight, I don't know what was going on...but i persevered until the end anyway :?

The insights you had are very interesting, Starbright - thanks for sharing!
By Guest
Hi folks, sorry I'm late posting this.
When I prayed this week, there were lots of commings and goings of various family members, so I thought it best I pray the "seven" quitely to myself.
As I began praying I felt a sence of peace, and then Joy. I got the impression that these prayers we are praying, are of real importance, to Our Lady and Our Lord Jesus....
Blessings Mags
By Mags
Sorry the last post was me, I must have forgot to sign in.... :roll:
Blesings Mags