Let us know when you prayed and give us your reflections.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, marylover, Management

By Mercedes
I thought I’d post this info, to give hope to all that post prayer requests. About a year ago, my cousin, who is an alcoholic, got into a fight at a bar. A bar patron punched my cousin, who fell backward off a stool and hit his head badly. He had suffered a stroke and had lapsed into a coma. The bar patron who hit my cousin was arrested and brought up on charges. My cousin was admitted to a local hospital’s ICU and remained there for quite some time. During this time, the hospital conducted many tests and by “luck” they found that my cousin had lung cancer. The cancer had wrapped around my cousin’s heart and was found that this area was inoperable and chemotherapy/radiation was not an option, since more damage would occur. When I heard about this situation, I had a green scapular blessed and mailed to my cousin’s family. I also had prayed the Divine Mercy, Rosary, and many other prayers for him during this time, as had many other family members and friends. This particular cousin had begun making progress as each month passed and I had heard that he was taking things “a day at a time, ” both for his cancer and stroke symptoms. He needed much therapy. Well, this past week, I attended a mutual relative’s funeral, and saw this cousin for the first time in 18 months. He came to me and showed me that he was indeed doing well, told me his cancer was in “remission” and then proceeded to show me that he was wearing a “miraculous medal” and that he appreciated all the prayers that I and many others had offered up for him. He was most appreciative and thanked God that his life had turned around. I hugged him, praised the Lord and stated that I would continue to include him in my prayers. My cousin was truly a changed man … physically and most importantly, spiritually! The Lord does answer our prayers. Things happen for a reason. When we question and pray for a healing, God has a plan to turn things around! My cousin is proof of that. My prayers specifically for this cousin when I gave him the green scapular were for a healing and conversion! My aunt gave him a miraculous medal! Forum family, keep the faith. Continue praying! Prayers are answered when we have faith!

Mercedes
By Gael
Mercedes, that is fantastic! I am so pleased that your cousin's life has changed...often good comes out of terrible situations...a light in the darkenss. Your family's faith and your cousin's healing is a great example to all of us.
By LittleRed
Thanks Mercedes for sharing such a touching and loving story with us :D ......

I feel it is the conversions of the heart that mean more than the physical healings....and how wonderful that you played an important part in your cousin`s conversion......I bet it made your heart cry tears of joy to see your cousin wearing the green scapular you gave him :D ......

Bless, Sharon
By OnASpiritualJourney2
Mercedes thank you so much for sharing this incredibly inspiring story of faith, healing and conversion.