Let us know when you prayed and give us your reflections.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, marylover, Management

My personal journey of late has been one of surrender, trust, faith, humility, endurance, patience, quiet acceptance, compassion and understanding. Many of you already know that through suffering comes God's amazing graces, to those directly suffering and those associated with it, such as family and friends. I've known this mentally and intellectually, and even somewhat spiritually. I think God is trying to deepen these graces, open my heart even more to them/Him if you will, at this stage of my life. Challenges and suffering are certainly not easy. I think it is also a way for God to show me a little bit of where I am with my relationship with Him as well. It is difficult for me to quiet my soul to pray with the heart in a disciplined fashion of late. Yet I find myself crying out to Him at odd times with all of my heart for love of my child and family. He is teaching me to rely totally on Him and accept whatever He gives to me with love and thanks (which is also a gift from Him).

I thought because I welcomed God's gift of life in a world where such life is much maligned and discarded that I would be a kind of superMom. I now know this is arrogance and ignorance...pride. I now welcome God's gift of life in whatever form it takes for whateverlength He gives it. I must trust and pray 100%, but am still far from this too. Baby steps forward.

I had all these silly plans for this pregnancy...to exercise, garden, to be more involved with my kids extra curricular a ctivities...to be busy and fruitful. God wants me to be still and quiet to be fruitful...a different kind of fruitful from what I had in mind. I don't know what the future holds, but I think God wants me to be little, genuinely humble and see myself for what and truly I am...someone who accepts and reflects His love, but neither deserves or can earn it at all on her own.

Thank you for bearing with me patiently as I sort through some of these challenges on this forum. I also know that many of you have your own unique difficulties and crosses that are difficult to bear and you remain in my prayers!! God Gives each of us what we can uniquely handle at any given moment and stretches us!! I hope I don't sound to preachy!! Thank you for you prayers!! Your are all a huge blessing to me and my family as God has given me so much inspiration through you!!! God bless and please keep up your prayers for my baby and family!!
By starbright
What a lovely, thoughtful, wise post.

I agree, that through suffering God teaches us to rely on Him more
Thank you for bearing with me patiently as I sort through some of these challenges on this forum.
I don't find it something to bear - I like to help others if I can, and other people's journeys give me guidance

God bless you.
By mamamary
that is a beautiful and powerful revelation, missy! this understanding casts a light on life, a tiny glimmer of divine wisdom.

i believe that suffering and trials are little lessons which bring us closer to understanding God's perfect love. that understanding is one we never fully grasp until we are in His presence.

in the time i've spent in nursing homes, i've noticed the profound peace of those people who understood the need of suffering on the road to spiritual growth. how when their trials were great, it was a time of even more surrender to God's will. their offerings of sufferering seemed to transport them, they understood the meaning of their offering of suffering not only to themselves, but for all souls.

on the other hand, there were many who did not have this surrender. the suffering they had to endure was made worse by leaving God out of the picture.

when trials present themselves during our lifetimes, it is important to share with others how you made it thru relying only on God. everyone will face difficulties at one time or another, and your experience can turn be a lesson for many when they face similar struggles.
By Aud
Hi Missu\y,

I'm not sure what your life background so I'm just going with what I'm feeling from the Holy Spirit.
With years of suffering, God has taught me a lot. In a nutshell, I wouldn't be who I am & my family wouldn't be where they are without all the suffering I've endured. I trust Him. He has my life in His Sacred Hands. Even when I can't take anymore of the suffering He allows in my life, I still praise Him for sending it my way. When the pain is so bad that I can't even pray, I praise Him & thank Him. Slowly but surely, I see the fruits of my labors. And I offer it up...

God loves you dearly for trusting you with His plan of salvation for all of mankind.

BTW, you need to post.... look at the post number...