Post your stories of conversion here. The seer Ivan says that conversion is a lifelong process.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

By Medjugorje Vin
This story is not about me,it is about the Love of my Heavenly Father and the powerful intercession of our Saintly friends in Heaven before God.

I tend not to be a kind of in your face person ,although I tend to look out for people from a distance if I have reason to think that they may be in need.This I get from the Holy Spirit...truly it is not from me.

We had a young family move in to our estate in 2004 and it was apparent that they did not have much,and the house they were moving into had been rented out by the previous owner.I thought at the time even though you do not seem to have much at least the kids are in a good area with good schooling,the mother was obviously on her own.

I would always acknowledge her and the children so as they at least would feel welcome and not strangers.Young Karol(that is not his real name as I have to be aware of their confidentiality) was obviously a shy wee boy and would shirk away from any kind of dialogue or contact with anyone and was always on his own.In the current climate these days you have to be careful in your dealings with children so an acknowledgment would suffice for now.

His Uncle appeared with him one day and so I said hello and the usual niceties and said as the wee man is always alone would he like some model airplane kits that I had from my children and hadn't been used,the Uncle said that would be great.Thereafter Karol would wave everytime I left in my car.

I also noticed that he was going to the same Catholic primary school as my children , although they had just left by this time.His mother approached me one day to say thank you for the kits and I said is it OK if there is other stuff he could use to give it to her,she said thank you.

This was to remain the type of dialogue we had,just neighbourly.

I had just been guided by" Our Blessed Mother" to go to Medjugorje(that is a story all by itself which I will tell another time) and if I hadn't been in such a public place when it was confirmed I was going I would I have burst in to tears.

Sometime later I was speaking to another neighbour and they asked if I had heard about the wee boy in the estate who had been taken into hospital with what they suspect to be cancer,I said I hadn't but would find out if I could.A few days had passed when it was confirmed that Karol had indeed been diagnosed with bowel cancer(he was7yrs old) and was in the Sick Childrens Hospital in Glasgow.

I met his mother and although she knew it wasn't good news, blessfully she wasn't fully aware of all the potentials(sometimes ignorance is a blessing) she said that they were waiting for a full diagnosis before the Doctor's decided what treatment he would recieve.

My wee wife Maggie went round the neighbours and we had a whip round to raise some cash to help Karol's mother through this time and I arranged to go and see him with goodies and things.When I got in to see him he was just lying their strapped up to a saline drip and the most ashen white I have ever saw.I spent 15mins with them and as I was leaving Karol's mother informed me that he was not baptised and that she had spoken to the parish Priest and school to see how they go about it.

Under the circumstances if I could have got away with it I would have done it there and them myself.

As I said goodbye to them I asked her if she did not mind could I leave a picture of JPII(Karol Wojtyla) in the room with him,she said yes.Karol was imminently going to recieve his first bout of chemotherapy and from then on I was going to pray for him ,everyday.

I prayed for him in Medjugorje,in St James's,Podbrdo and Mt Krizevac and for JPII(Karol Wojtyla) intercession and my Litany of Saints.

On my return from Medjugorje I met his mother a while later coming down the path toward me.She said that she had been taken into the Consultants room and the consultant said we have some news for you(he was about to start his second course of chemotherapy) we scanned Karol before proceeding with the second course of chemotherapy and we can't find the tumour.When she asked what that meant the consultant said the tumour has disappeared,she said its a miracle isn't it..her words!!!

I did not have anything other than a neighbourly relationship with this family(still don't) and they had no idea about Medjugorje or my prayers(still don't) but in my heart I knew exactly what had happened here.

As I was not a family member I could not ask the hospital what they thought the prognosis would be when Karol was admitted,but from what I had heard in the early days from his mother it did not sound good.

Anyway after a couple of weeks Karol was allowed home and it was great to see him , although he looked a bit frail and his hair was gone he was back in the bosom of his family.A couple of weeks passed and his mother informed me that he had been chosen by the Wish Upon A Star Foundation to go to Lapland to see Santa.

He got baptised and made his Holy Communion on 13th May 2006.I am sure that date is not lost on anyone in this forum.

Although still a very shy boy he is bounding about here with his new friends and he brings a big smile to me every time I see him.

Like I said at the start , this is not about me..it is about "My Heavenly Father" ,"Our Beloved Jesus" ,"Our Blessed Mother" ,Karol Wojtyla and Medjugorje.

People may have their own thoughts on what happened and that is OK ,I am just telling it as it was.

Praised Be Jesus and Mary

Medjugorje Vin
By starbright
Bless you, Vin, for making such a difference to the life of that little boy. WHat a lovely story.
By Mags
Medjugorje Vin, your story made me cry.....really lovely.
Blessings Mags
By judy
Vin,
I love it, I love everyone in it and I think it was a miracle from Our Holy Father. I think of our Holy Father's story and how God kept His Hand on him and saved him when he was a child from that bullet. I see a connection here and I hope you keep us abreast about this boy. I believe God has great plans for him also.

Thank you for praying for him and remember....there are no coincidences!

God Bless You :)
By Medjugorje Vin
Hi Judy,Starbright and Mags

Medjugorje taught me that there are no coincidences,they just don't exist in ANY form.Luck,serendipity,good fortune etc are things that man uses to explain the unexplicable,how blessed are we to have been shown this to be the case.

I will keep you informed of Karol's progress while he is still near to us.

Praised be Jesus and Mary

Medjugorje Vin
By Pippy
Medj. Vin...I loved your story. It shows how Christ works through people! Those are my favorite kinds of testimonial stories to hear. :D I look forward to hearing of your story concerning Medjugorje. I hope you share it soon! Thank you for being that young boy's prayer warrior! Pippy
By stunnedbyit
That's a marvellous story. Thanks for sharing Med Vin :)
By tina
Medjugorje Vin...

this is a wonderful story.. i dont know why i had not seen it before.. how Great is Our God!

love tina
By Jaybe
Med Vin, How fortunate that family is to have followed the path that led them to you to receive the miracle they have been given. Sometimes all it takes is for one person to lovingly care and pray for someone. We have an AWESOME God and JPII is great, too. Thank you for sharing with us.
By darrell
Vin,

I just read this story for the first time -- a testament to the power of prayer and faith. Also it echoes the words in St. James about how we should care for widows and orphans in their affliction. It's wonderful that you posted this here -- it's wonderful that God healed little Karol -- evidence of our faith.

Darrell
By Medjugorje Vin
Hi Darrell and John-Boy,

For me it was and still is a most fantastic gift from God and I thank Karol(JPII) for his intercession ,he is a great Saintly friend of mine.I still see young (Karol) cutting around although he has moved a couple of streets away and it still and always will bring me great joy.

Our Father is great and I love Him so much sometimes I feel I could burst.

Thanks for your post guy's :D

Praised be Jesus and Mary ALWAYS

Medjugorje Vin
By Steven
Thanks for that wonderful story, Medjugorje Vin. I missed it the first time around too. A friend of mine once told me that coincidences are God's Way of remaining anonymous. I think you broke God's Anonymity here because He was certaintly working through you. You are the best, MV. God Bless You.

Steven
By Medjugorje Vin
Thanks Steven,

It was really kind of you to say so :D

Oh, I meant to also mention that about 2mths after this ,I met his mother who said to me that he may have to get his spleen removed due to the damage the only dose of chemo he had been given may have done.

I empathised with her and inwardly I was saying to myself,do not worry this was from God and there is no way my Father will allow that to happen.

Nearly two years later he still has his spleen. :D

Praised be Jesus and Mary ALWAYS

Medjugorje Vin