Post your stories of conversion here. The seer Ivan says that conversion is a lifelong process.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

By Patty Cowan
Hi everyone! I was raised Catholic with my two sisters. My dad was Catholic all his life, my mother converted from Methodist when they married. I was about 12 when I started down a very dark path and turned my back on God. It would take 24 years to find my way back. My dad was diagnosed with a terminal illness in the late 80's. He tried to tell me that Mary was appearing somewhere, he had a book he wanted me to read, even told me something about his rosary changing color. I wanted to be supportive and excited for him, but nothing he said really sunk in. I was still too much on my destructive path. My dad died in Feb of 1992, my husband and I got married that Nov. We moved to Arkansas in 1994 and in 1996 I hit my deepest bottom. I remember crying to God and begging Him to help me. A course was set in motion that could have only come from Him. It was either late 1996 or early 1997 that I was cleaning out stuff in my house and came across this book by Wayne Weible, WOW, I couldn't get enough info about these children and their visits from Mary! I called my sister and asked her about it, she told me that was my dad's book and she wondered what happened to it. How I wound up with it, well you know...there are no coincidences. I read about the rosaries turning gold, I ran to get my dad's. My mom had given it to me when my husband and I got married, I held it during the ceremony. The links were GOLD. I have never been able to go to Medjugorje but I was blessed to be called to Alabama in May, 2004 when Marija was here. I was able to be present during one of the apparitions. They all took place at 6:00 in the evening, which meant I would have missed them all do to our limited time, that particular day she appeared at 11:00 am. It was so special, Marija began by telling us that no one was there by accident, that Our Lady had "called" each one of us. Part of the message to us that day was Our Lady wanted us to be her "extended hands", to go back to our families and our work and spread the messages. I had my eyes closed while we were reciting the prayers, we were told that when Marija stopped speaking the apparition was beginning, I "saw" a golden glow, but when I opened my eyes of course I could just see everyone and the meadow. I felt that glow deep within me, too, so peaceful. Everything about that trip was divinely guided. My husband actually began reciting the rosary with the group prior to the apparition. He had not even known the Hail Mary before that. He is now joining the Catholic Church. I am so grateful that Our Mother has led me to where I am today. Through the grace of God, He is truly awesome! Thanks for letting me share.
Love & Prayers to you all, Patty, AR, USA
By MedjAdmin
Hi Patty,

Thank you for sharing your conversion story! Your story is so wonderful in that you have been going through this enormous conversion yet you did not go to Medjugorje. That shows how powerful Our Lady's messages really are.

Again, thank you for sharing, and God bless.