Post your stories of conversion here. The seer Ivan says that conversion is a lifelong process.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

By QOP Productions
THE RISEN CHRIST MIRACLE
by Sean Patrick Bloomfield

It was the summer of 2001, the dawn of my second trip to Medjugorje. This time, however, I was toting video equipment with the intention of making a fresh documentary about the apparitions.

Minutes after our bus arrived in the blessed village, I heard about an alleged supernatural event: just after the 20th Anniversary of the apparitions, a local statue began seeping a watery substance, drawing curiosity seekers from all around the region.

Despite my jet lag, I grabbed my video camera and hiked into town. I could soon see an enormous crowd surrounding the “Risen Christ,” a towering bronze statue located in a field between St. James Church and the cemetery.

As I drew closer I noticed that the onlookers were reaching up to touch the knee area of the statue. Others rubbed handkerchiefs, rosaries and small crosses on the knee, which struck me as peculiar until I was able to maneuver myself into the thick crowd and see for myself: water was dripping from the statue!

During my previous pilgrimage, only a year before, I had spent countless hours praying and pondering next to the Risen Christ statue, often late at night while staring at the stars. I recalled the cold, solid feel of that metal— metal which was now seeping droplets of water right before my eyes!

I stood in the crowd and recorded for nearly an hour. I placed the camera within inches of the statue’s knee, hoping to capture the source of the water, but in reality there was no visible hole in the metal. In fact, the drops were forming on two areas of the statue, almost like tears, which would then fall at the same interval.

That night, I lay awake thinking about the statue. I woke my brother and convinced him to join me on a trek back to town. It was 3:30 a.m. After a long, eerie walk through the dark fields and back roads, we made it. Unlike during the day, we were now the only people present at the statue— and the water was flowing like never before. This time, I was able to film the phenomenon without being jostled by the crowd, and without them constantly wiping the water away. In fact, so much water was pouring out that it had formed a large pool on the ground.

I couldn’t help but think that I was supposed to be in Medjugorje for the sole purpose of recording the water and showing it to the world. But for what reason? What, if any, was the symbolic meaning behind the weeping statue? The following day, I began interviewing witnesses to gather a range of opinions. One such observer, Father Ani Xavier, had traveled all the way from the United Arab Emirates to visit Medjugorje.

“When I seek to interpret the water that comes from the statue,” Father Ani told me, “I see that Jesus does not want to see the blood of others. Water is washing away all of our sins, water is purifying the whole world. By shedding blood Jesus liberated us, and by showing us the water coming from the knee he is calling each of us to purify our life and to promote peace in the world.”

My translator for the video, Maria, happened to be close friends with the visionary Vicka. After the two shared a private meeting, Maria told me that she asked Vicka about her opinion on the Risen Christ statue.

“The water is coming out of the knee,” Vicka reportedly said. “Isn’t that a big sign for us? Like a sign that this is the time to get on your knees, to get ready.”

Strangely enough, this all occurred just a few months before September 11th, 2001. The water still continues to seep from the statue on rare occasions, but never before has it flowed like it did that week.

*Footage of the Risen Christ phenomenon can be seen on my documentary video, “Medjugorje in the New Millennium”. It is available on the Medjugorje-Online.com store.
By John Dara
What a wonderful event! Yes, Medjugorje is still just as much a supernatural place as it was in the first days of the apparitions. Its still fresh and new: like walking into the Bible!

I cannot pretend to know the designs of God but signs always point towards something. In this case the general message is that it is the Mother of Jesus Christ who is appearing in Medjugorje. Jesus spoke of 'wells of eternal life' within the believer, speaking of the Holy Spirit and Medjugorje is a place of life within the Spirit.

But in a particular way, I believe that Fr. Slavko has something to do with this. Before going to Medjugorje last year I read that not many pilgrims visited his grave. I found it myself by just wandering around the village on the first day, and for the remainder of my week everyday I would bring a candle and leave it on his tomb. Remember the way that he died? He died on Mt. Krizavec- a sign in itself, but also that a few minutes after dieing he actually sat up, looked around, and then 'fell asleep' in Christ. Our Lady then said, "Your brother Slavko is born into heaven and intercedes for you."(Nov.25, 2000) Praying at the tomb of any saint is an errie experience: knowing that a saint in heaven is buried right before you. But with Slavko it felt as though he were really sleeping beneath the marble. Mysterious oils and water have been known to come from the tombs of the saints, but Slavko, who always pointed to Christ and Our Lady and drew little attention to himself, would have probably asked that the miracle occur on the statue of Christ.

Fr. Slavko, intercede for us before the throne of God! Make us as faithful to the message of Medjugorje as you were, so that like you we may become saints of God! Amen.
By QOP Productions
Hi John,

Welcome to the Forum! I really enjoyed your posts.

In some ways I feel as though Medjugorje is what many people needed, like you and me, to be true Catholics. Yes, there were many people firm in their faith who needed nothing, but Our Lady was allowed by her Son to visit this world and touch so many of us "on the fence" people and nonbelievers.

And the best part is that it's still happening for people every day. "This is a time of grace," she tells us. I'm so thankful that God is working through Mary and the visionaries of Medjugorje to prepare us...

Who knows besides God what the future will bring, but I feel like Medjugorje is preparing the world for something BIG. What a great time to be living!

God bless. :D

-Sean
By John Dara
HI Sean,

I know exactly what you mean. I remember when I was a child at Sunday school hearing about the miracles of the Bible and thinking that the age of miralces had long since gone. But to my great suprise, we are living in a period of unprecedented grace and the miracles are all around! I am amazed when I think about the miracles that I have encounted and I can say: if you come close to Our Lady of Medjugorje, then you will encounter the supernatural!

I think thats why people continue to return to Medjugorje several times. I was there for my first time last October and you can't stay in that place for a few days and not be effected. Its really like walking into the Bible and you can feel the change come over you. And I don't think it will leave me: even last night I dreamt that I was there. I will definately try to get to Medjugorje next year, and I'd love to join one of the groups that stay with Ivan or Jakov.

As for something Big coming: when I got to Medjugorje the first thing I did was go to the hill of apparitions and just pray there for an hour up behind the statue. It looked like just a hill top in Southern Bosnia with a statue of Our Lady, but I knew that it was here that God would leave a permanent sign that would change the world forever. Its quite an amazing place to pray!

KEEP THE FAITH!
By rainbows323
I was in Medjugorje for the first time in September, 2001. The Risen Christ started oozing fluid again the night of Sept. 10, 2001. Then, the next morning we returned again to the Risen Christ statue. I reached up and touched each of the two drop areas. One of the drops was oily and smelled like roses. The other drop looked cloudy as it formed, felt watery and tasted salty, like tears.

Sept. 11 at about 8:40pm Medjugorje time (noonish in the U.S.) I first heard of the tragedy in the US from an Irishman I passed as I was walking alone into town from an afternoon/evening spent on Apparition Hill. (Boy, do I have some unusual photographs taken 9-11-01 when sitting in the area of the first apparition site!!!! But, everyone here must be believers anyway! The photos are definitely eye-openers for many of the lax Catholics or non-believers!)
By QOP Productions
Thanks for sharing, Rainbows323!

When I was in Medjugorje in 2001 following the anniversary, the drops were flowing from two side-by-side areas. At times, the water-stains almost looked like they were forming a face, and the drops looked like tears falling from its eyes.

Feel free to post your interesting photos on this Forum. Many people who are just curious about the apparitions happen upon this site, so you never know what kind of good impact a unique photograph could have.

You must have gotten stuck in Medjugorje following 9-11 due to the cancellation of flights. I was marooned in Fatima following the attacks, as I was there filming a segment for "The Fruits of Mary". The day of the attacks we saw the sun pulsating over Fatima... strangely it was only our American group, including two priests, that saw this happening.

So, as we all know, miracles do happen! Some are small and some are monumental, but so many times they help us remain on the road to conversion.
By rainbows323
Does anyone know if it is possible to pull pics from a cd and post here? :roll:
By MedjAdmin
Hi Rainbows323:

It is possible to post pics on this forum, but as of yet we don't know how. It's still fairly new to us. You could, however, send us pics at our email address: info@medjugorje-online.com ... then, we can post them on the Photo Gallery of this website, medjugorje-online.com.

This goes for anyone who has some related pics they'd like to have posted.

God bless,

Medj Admin
By puddyhuston
Sean did Rainbow ever post or email you those pictures I would love to see them please.
Loved your message about the Risen Christ Statue all that long time ago
God bless
Stella
By starbright
please can you tell me how to find the photo gallery on this site Sean? I didn't know it existed! :)
By mcikath
First of all welcome John to this wonderful Forum which is pouring out so many Graces :)
Dear Sean, thanks for your testimony on the Risen Christ Statue, i am actually in the process of waiting for a gift being sent to me from my cousins friend who has been to Medjugorje, she is kindly sending me a handkerchief which has touched the Statue of the Risen Christ and i believe it smells of perfume. I am so excited about getting it and i will treasure it always. I will share with you on the forum when i receive it
I pray for everyone on the Forum and their intentions each day, and i pray that God will allow me to visit Medjugorje one day sooner rather than later
[maybe in 2 years] love and blessings mcikath xxx :D