Post your stories of conversion here. The seer Ivan says that conversion is a lifelong process.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

By baabaas
I'm not sure where to start this off, I suppose it all took place for me in 1999, sometimes I would work around the water store, The town taxi, private mining jobs, I use to be a foreman in a textile mill in Sydney, Maine but when all the work vacated in 81(30,000,000 blue collar jobs)I had developed Prostrate Cancer according to a BiopsyI had done in 78 I could not handle what the meds advised me to do so I listened to a older adviser who told me that I should change my life which seemed like the only real solution at the time, I had already gone through one divorce so I started living from nature and quit all my bad habits!

The main one I seemed to go toward is the blueberry and had learned about wheatgrass for the winter months and that worked for me I use to ready the bible and other spiritual material but was not that interested shortly after I had quit tobacco, pot, alcohol, meat, diary, eggs, fish, fowl. I became clear and my whole life changed(that was the 1st rebirth)I tried to find out what happened to me and could get no answers all I knew that it was a new me!

I learned to meditate read everything about everything there were no limits to what my mind could absorb, I learned meditation & suspension of the breath in 80 I practiced the meditation of death figured I had no reason to stay it was night before Christmas and I was by myself so I entered the suspended state and than I severed the breath and than millions of stars and a bearded figure dressed in white I said take me and I felt like I was held in his arms for such a long time and I was so happy like never before(I had just given my soul to Jesus and he accepted me)!
Another Rebirth

After a visit with my children my exwife came and she said to me what has happened to you? You have gone right from one extreme to just the opposite oh I never heard of that she said(she hadn't changed)!

The yr. of 81 was a memorable yr. for me and the only reason I went this far back one night I went up the white tunnel(in my meditation) and I was up on a hill in an extremely beautiful place looking down at a river and a woman in white came toward me(so incredibly beautiful)she said we need to go there and I looked and we were on a bridge crossing the river and I could see two other bridges and she said to me "You will cross all three bridges and than one day you will serve Me"! Even to this day when I think about that night it brings tears of gratitude to my eyes!

A few yrs. later I headed to NM and a new life I married twice more neither one worked out and than I met my present wife "Thelma"! We started going to the Catholic Church together(she was a filipino and a lifelong Catholic)so that's the way my life went sometimes we went to mass 2 or 3 times a week she seemed to always have some reason!

In 99 I got sick really sick coughing blood a Mexican Dr. told me my blood was no good I needed blood transfusions(I couldn't afford Amer. Drs.)I felt worse and worse started to lose my mobility one night started bleeding from the nose went to the hospital and they kept me for a while and gave me some blood transfusions. The Dr. said I think you have Multiple Myeloma and there is nothing that can be done for you here, I knew what that was(my stepfather died of it)I went home and prepared to die I was going to leave my wife with a huge hospital bill, I signed everything over to her and prepared to die!

I went to a state where I became like a skeleton could not walk and after a time my organs kidneys and bowels stopped and I had no more interest in eating I laid in my recliner in the living room and just waited the Priest came and I could barely speak he gave me the Sacraments this was my conversion, I had just become Catholic! My third rebirth!

I closed my eyes drifted away some guys came because of my neighbor and wife and took me up to the hospital in a PU truck to the emergency room the Dr. said we can't do anything for him, my neighbor said Oh yes you can send him to the hospital in Albuquerque, the Dr. protested but my neighbor said you do it or I'll write about you in the paper so to the city I went not even concious of what was being done to me I woke up in this room(with all these bright lights)I knew it wasn't heaven!

The Dr. said if you don't receive some kind of treatment you're going to die I didn't want to hurt his feelings so I said I'll think about it! My God he said you're almost dead and you will just think about it than I told him I don't want to leave my wife a big hospital bill later the telephone rang and the nurse handed it to me and put it up to my ear and mouth it was my wife she said I don't want you to die! Thelma I said I can't live no sense in wasting money you'll need it! She said "I need you"that floored me because no one had ever said that to me in my life! My eyes filled with tears I said okay!

I was in a pretty sorry state if there were ever stage 5 cancer I was it! Everyone of my spinal vertabrae fractured and 3 were nearly dissolved I couldn't walk gradually day to day I got a little better and I started Chemo which seemed like a horrible depressing feeling! I came home after 4 mos. I had gotten myself reinstated in the VA systems so my healthcare was costing anything. I learned to use a walker they said I would never walk again but with willpower I got that back again than it was in 2004 I ran across a site that showed some likenesses of our Lady in Medj. I knew it was the Lady in white and I prayed to her each day and learned to pray the Rosary! I was so grateful to find her after all these years I would think of that night and my I would cry and feel so happy!

I received a circular from a herb company(mysteriously)! I decided to use Essaic Tea an old Ojibaway cure I got the ingredients I needed but didn't start right away came down with Viral pneumonia which was a symptom of the chemo, my Dr. told me I couldn't take chemo anymore because one more bout of Pneumonia would finish me!

I went home and started using the Essiac but still kept taking Pamidronate which was for my bones after a couple or three months my Dr. told me something is going on with your cancer your ppg is down and your red blood count has gone dramitically up if I had known what she was talking about I may have gotten excited!

As time went along I became a member of Medj.-online, my Dr. said she didn't know where it was but knew it had to be hiding in there somewhere she asked me if I had done anything I said I prayed to our Mother of Medj. she said that couldn't have been it but I had prayed to her since 2004 and that mysterious circular came in the mail but I knew also that didn't work for everyone!

Here I am in 2009 Cancer free and I know I owe it all to our Mother of Medj.. I am living in a different place the Philippines but she is still there helping me I can feel her even as I write this which by the way I was never going to do because it was too complicated and hard to get through also. May our Lady grace all of us with the gift of love!

Dave

:)
By mommaofflowers
Dave that was so beautiful.
By Duane H
Dave,

What a wonderful testimony!!! Obviously, God hasn't finished with you yet.

Thanks,
Duane
By baabaas
Thank You mommaofflowers, Duane!

Yes I know there is more coming I just don't know what the context will be such as the rest of you, I have a couple of theories, but to be sure the trials are severe, yesterday we put my wife of 16 yrs. on a plane going to LA where she will be staying with the eldest son and working to pay the expenses of a son who inflicted a knife wound upon a neighbor's son in a fit of jealousy and the neighbor's son was hugged by my wife's son girlfriend who happened to be her first cousin!

This happened in late Sept and took everything we had to pay the bill but since it happened it is like an aura of peace has settled over the neighborhood and the black sheep son in rehab which I don't think its where he needs to go but it is not my decision to make!

Anyway I had this foreboding feeling before I came here to the Philippines; that there would be something to separate us and we would never be together again(not by anyone's choice)! I seem to be all set with my needs and Mother has been near doing what she does best mothering and comforting and she is the one that inspired me to write this!, for years prior I had not been able to!

Dave
By tina
beautiful testimony dave, thank you for sharing! love tina
By Light
Baabaas

Your testimony of conversion is inspirational. I know that life is still difficulties, but keep "fighting the good fight". There is no cost too much for knowing the love of God.

Hail Mary..

God Bless
By baabaas
Thank you Tina & Light!

Dave
By OnASpiritualJourney2
Dave thank you for sharing your conversion with us. I'm keeping you and your wife in my prayers and hope to hear that she is back home soon.
By baabaas
Thank you Spirit you are an extremely thoughtful person!

Dave
By Ritacheryl
Praying that you and your wife are together soon.
By baabaas
Thank you Ritacheryl your prayer is very appreciated!

Dave
By tina
i need to say it again dave.. very awesome your story.. what a testimony! would love to sit in your living room and hear it with my ears, listening to you in person share it... very moving....
a million thanks!

love tina
By baabaas
Tina life is extremely different here and people are very different; for example one might think about the shortage of Priests we have in the US well here it is entirely different our church alone has 10+all of which can speak fair english. I think the Philippines could send at least 1/2 their Priests out of the country and still have more than they needed!

I wish you and any friends you wanted to bring were here also in my living room, I miss conversing with Americans on a regular everyday basis.