Post your stories of conversion here. The seer Ivan says that conversion is a lifelong process.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

By marjorie.coates
Hello
This is an update on my daughters conversion story which took place in Medjugorje about eight years ago. since this time Debbie has had much hope and trusted in the Lord in difficult situations. She has found someone to turn to whatever is happening in her life. What a difference it makes to have faith. Please read the story of her conversion below, I pray it will help you to persevere in faith.

My name is Marjorie and I would like to tell you about my daughter's conversion in Medjugorje, October 2002. I am writing this story hoping that it will inspire people to keep trusting in Jesus and Mary, and to encourage you to know your prayers will be answered in God's time.

Ten years earlier my daughter and son both stopped believing. They had both been brought up as Catholics.

The reason for their unbelief was because their nephews Sam and Jack, twins, born prematurely from birth were both critically ill, unfortunately Sam died aged seven months, Jack almost died twice during these months, so you will imagine the grief we were all feeling at this time. Paul was aged sixteen and Debbie 22. Jack is now a special young man of sixteen six foot three inches tall and a great joker.

Their mother Wendy continued to believe. Wendy started to support families in intensive care and give them hope. Four years ago she became a midwife and she now works in research, I am sure this has occurred because of her love for her son.

Debbie and Paul were really devasted, and I could see how they turned their back on God.

I was going through other difficulties at this time, and I just cried out to God to help me, I had an experience of his amazing love and my life has changed dramatically since this time, I now know him personally.

For the last ten years I had prayed that Debbie and Paul would both come back to faith.

By a miracle I managed to persuade Debbie to come with me to Medjugorje. she really wasn't too keen to go, I said to her "Think of it as a holiday, it's a lovely place and we would probably have good weather. and, we would pay for her to go."

She wasn't happy from the start and the week before she complained, "I really don't want to go and if you think I am going to go into a church or pray. No way." So I answered "If you don't want to go in a church I won't go in one either. Just relax and enjoy it." I then handed her over to Our Lady's care, because I knew I couldn't preach to her or press her."

It was the most amazing eight days. She made friends with a girl about the same age on the plane, about 30, and she would go off with her the odd time, which suited me fine, I knew this was part of Our Lady's plan.
By the second day Debbie and Maria climbed Apparition Hill, It had been really bad weather very dull and stormy. As Debbie reached the statue of Our Lady on the hill, she said she just stood there and couldn't move, she wanted to pray but couldn't. A light came completely around the statue, and prayer came from her, but it just happened, not of her own will and something touched her. It seems she told Our Lady how sad she was about Sam and her Grandmother who she loved dearly, and had died years earlier. Somehow she knew they were fine. She came down the hill, and just to be sure, she went back up, and once again this light came around the statue and she felt this peace.
She came to me in the house and she just said, "Mum I believe and I love Mary." Can you imagine, my prayers of ten years were answered. (At least for Debbie, still waiting for Paul)

Many times that week we had this beautiful perfume float passed us, which we are sure was from Our Lady. It would float past us, it was a perfume that was indescribable, so beautiful, we would feel a peace at the same time and then it would just dissapear.

Another occasion at about 1.00 in the morning, walking behind St. James church, Debbie said to Our Lady "Please give me another sign if you are there." I didn't at the time realise she had asked this. We prayed for a while near the Ressurrected Christ and the atmosphere was so calm we wanted to stay there all night. As we came out of this area which is well lit we came into the unlit area into the most beautiful clear starry sky. I have never seen a night sky like it. And Debbie said to me "Can you see what I can see" I answered yes thinking she meant these beautiful stars, and then I looked at her face and she was shining. "Can you see the angels" she cried, no I couldn't, but, I knew from her face she could see something very special.

What a glorious walk back to our house that morning.

We went to the English mass that morning (No problems going to mass now) and Debbie had to stand up at the back, there was a dirty, smelly man stood next to her and she felt sick with the smell. As she was leaving, the same gentleman gave her a tiny prayer card. When we came out of St. James we looked at it and it was a picture of Our Lady and the angels. I am sure this was a confirmation of the early morning stroll in Medjugorje.

Two months after we came home, Debbie had a vivid dream. She was in the Medjugorje main street with me, she looked up at the sky and saw Our Lady, it was as if Our Lady was saying follow me. The next minute she was on Apparition Hill holding her dads hand running up over the stones but not touching them, she was taking her dad to Our Lady. Our Lady was there, and she said her face was so beautiful, blue eyes, beautiful soft skin and a beautiful smile. She can never forget it.

I had wanted her dad to come with me to Medjugorje with me for at least ten years. October 8th 2003 Debbie and my husband came with me. Since his visit to Medjugorje, he has been on his own since too, he has grown to love Our Lady, one day I heard him playing his guitar and singing a lovely hymn to Our Lady, it seems he had written it to her.

We have received many graces from this crisis with Jack and Sam, I have grown to know a wonderful, loving God, and he lead me to work with homeless people, my daughter Wendy is an inspiration giving support, hope and encouragement in a work she absolutely loves as a research midwife, (she hated her work as a bank clerk before she decided to train as a midwife, this seems the perfect work for her.) My husband's faith has increased, Debbie has changed and is a wonderful witness to Our Lady and Jesus.

I thank Our Lady for so many graces, and continue to pray for Paul's conversion, which I know will be when the time is right. I urge you never to give up hope. God is with us, and through prayer. Miracles do happen. Update on Paul, he has had a drink problem for about fifteen years, last week he tried to stop drinking, I had just finished praying a novena to St Jude (For hopeless causes) for Paul. He had no withdrawal symptons whatever, which is amazing. I pray that he will be able to resist the drink from now on. Please will you say a prayer for him to stay sober. I am waiting on the Lord to bring him to his love, which I am sure will be in the near future.
[/quote]
Last edited by marjorie.coates on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
By LittleRed
What a beautiful testimony Marjorie :D .......

How blessed you are and your family!!....I bet in time Paul be right there on the same page as the rest of you :D ....

Bless, Sharon
By marjorie.coates
Thanks Sharon

I know that Paul will come back to faith, I just trust in the Lord, I can see already that Paul isn't as angry nowadays, can't wait to see him when he feels this love of Jesus, he is in need of it, I believe he is searching in his own way.

marjie
By OnASpiritualJourney2
Wow - what beautiful gifts you and your family have received! :D
By marjorie.coates
Yes OASJ

This is why I want to witness wherever I can to the Lord and Our Blessed Mother. I want everyone to experience this love.

Blessings

Marjie