Post your stories of conversion here. The seer Ivan says that conversion is a lifelong process.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

By Curious
When I was little, my mother died when I was four, just five days before my fifth birthday. As you can imagine, I was devastated and truly missed her all through my life, to the point of feeling very sad every time her anniversary would come around.

When my mother died we held a wake in the house,which was custumary in Ireland at that time. I was one of the first to see her resting on the bed dead. Being only four I could not understand why she would not speak back to me when I spoke to her. Later when they placed her in the coffin I could see some men screwing down the lid. I knew I would never see my mother again but had no understanding of death.

In my later years after my own conversion as an adult, I was one day praying, when I felt a strange feeling just carrying me off. it was like I was witnessing a play. I found myself standing in the bedroom where my mother's body was resting after death. I could see the curtains on the window and the crucifix and candles beside her bed, I could even see the Holy water in a little bowel.

As I began to get nervous I turned and Jesus was there standing beside me, He looked down and smiled at me, reached out and held my hand in His. When I looked up my mother was no longer lying dead on the bed but the white starched sheet was rolled back and she was sitting at the end of the bed looking beautiful and radiant.

She smiled at me and motioned for me to come closer. Jesus released my hand and I walked over to my mother who looked so, so beautiful. She put her arms around me and held me very close and whispered gently these words ' I am sorry that I did not have time to say goodbye to you' She then stood up and Jesus walked over and took her hand, as they were walking out the door my mother turned again and gave me a huge smile.

My eyes were fixed on the door when I suddenly noticed a bright radiance coming from near the locker beside my mother bed. I turned and there was the Blessed Mother standing there, she too was radiant and had a most loving smile. I had no idea what to say, so I could say nothing. After a little while looking at me with such a loving smile she gently said 'I'am your mother now'

I have never really shared this story because sometimes its not appropriate but tonight I really wanted to.

God Bless

Curious
By LittleRed
Bless you Curious for sharing that beautiful story with us :D ...It made me cry....I admit, I am such a cry baby :D

I always get a good feeling whenever I read anything you post on this forum...You never fail to bring a smile to my face or a laugh on my lips...Bless you Curious for all that you do...You have touched so many lives on this forum and one of those lives is mine....

My prayers are with you, Sharon
By stunnedbyit
Curious, just to clarify things, is that a dream that you had or was it actual events?

Thanks

SBI
By Medjugorje Vin
Curious,

What a wonderful testimony and I am glad you found the courage to post it.I knew instinctively when reading it that it was an actual event you witnessed,the detail too clear and vivid for it to have been anything else.

Treasure it forever, and when some try to sew doubt in your mind as to the existence of Our Heavenly Father and Our Blessed Mother then open up this treasure.

Praised be Jesus and Mary ALWAYS

Medjugorje Vin

P.S. stunnedbyit I am not refering to you in my reply above :D
By starbright
That's beautiful, Curious. Thank you for sharing it.
By Sirach1717
Hi Curious,

I too was crying, what a beautiful story! Thank you for sharing with us. So glad to see that you are back on line, I have missed you.

Have a blessed day,

Mary
By judy
Curious

What a beautiful mystical experience ! :D

I am always amazed how much God loves us and what He will do to show us that love !
Someday I hope to have the courage to share here how He brought me back to His Love.

God is Great ! Praise Him always!
By Pippy
Curious...Jesus and Mama must surely love you so very, very much to allow you that beautiful time with your mother! Like it was given to give you hope! To know that you are so loved!!! :D There's nothing like a mother's love and I would not doubt that Our Mother was right there, along side Jesus, during your entire life as was your dear sweet mom! Pippy :D

Judy, I would love to hear how Our Sweet Savior brought you back to the fold...all ears when you find the courage to share it!!! :D Pippy
By Merlorrich
Curious , thats a good story, and at the age you were it is most unlikely that you were under the effects of a drop of poitin. Only kidding. :)

It was wonderful of Our Lord and Our Lady to pay you a visit particularly as I had been observing while reading the passage that you had no one to explain to you what was happening.

May you continue to know and feel the presence of Our Divine Lord and Our Most Holy Mother.
By Jaybe
Curious,
mmmm what a lovely experience. Thanks for sharing. Not only did it bring tears to me, but it brought lots of peace and love. I hope that it did the same for you.
By paddy
Curious, thanks for telling your story - the tissues took a bit of a bashing though!
God bless
Paddy
By MaryC
Curious, what a beautiful story. I had goosebumps and then the tears started coming.
By puddyhuston
Curious, what a beautiful episode to have happen to you, how wonderful Jesus and Our Lady are, to let you see your mum again and know she is in Heaven. Also so lovely of our Blessed Mother to speak to you.

It also brought tears to my eyes (I felt so sad for the little child you were when she died) and it was poignant for me today also as my mum is 8 years dead today. I pray to Jesus she is with your mum in Heaven.
May all the souls gone before us rest in peace with Jesus.
By mdes
Curious, what a beautiful experience that was...truly a gift from heaven.

Are you involved in a healing ministry?
By Curious
No, I am not involved in a healing ministry. I am not involved in any ministry and I have no desire to be involved in one. I can write all my experiences because nobody knows me. This way I can write my most personal experiences with God and people will know that I am not seeking any notice for myself but Glory for God.

I hope I can continue to do that on this forum. If my years of experience with God can bring others hope or peace then that is good. God has blessed me but He has blessed everybody. I am absolutely no saint, just the same as you and others.

Many of the experiences I write about here I would not share at all in public because they were so deeply personal to me. When I speak of experiences such as the Lord taking me to another place, this only happened four times in my Christian life. They were not dreams but actual moments that occurred while I was awake.

Most of these occurances took place when I first experienced an inner conversion. Because I was brought up without the usual prayers and so on, Jesus made up for my loss. He would visit me every night. I did not see Him but I knew exactly when He arrived, and where He was anywhere in the room.

He was very,very gentle and we would have little conversations, not with words you could hear but with words nontheless. He would often ask me a question and most of the time He seemed to be the one who was seeking to be loved.

He would ask me to do little things. For example He once asked me, (when there was a very cold spell and I had little or no heating in the house), if I would go down stairs to the kitchen and pray. I must admit I was a bit grumpy about it but I immedietly went.

When I got to the Kitchen it was very cold and I knelt down to pray. He then said that I could go back to bed now. I always knew when He was happy or sad. He said many things to me during those two years.

When the two years were up, He didn't come like that anymore. I went into deep mourning and thought I was going to die. Later He said that from now on I would hear him in different ways. Through prayer, people, scripture, peoples lives, nature. It would be more in the silence.

I will say this, Jesus was so gentle that your heart would just be willing to do anything to console and please Him. I have never met the Jeus that some people feel is strict. He is all love and you cannot escape it and He is completely non judgemental. He also has a really good sense of humour.

Blessings

Curious
By stunnedbyit
When Jesus visited you for the 1st time, what was your spiritual health like? I mean, how devout were you?
By Curious
Hi Stunnedbyit

To answer your question;

When Jesus first came to me, I was a destroyed person. When Jesus visited me during the first two years after my conversion. I actually thought first that it was normal and he did that for everyone. I quickly found out that this was not the case and so I kept very quite about it. I even became guarding of my little secret.

When he stopped coming that way - I felt that I was lost and had done something terribly wrong. He allowed me to feel that way for a while before He disclosed to me that I would be hearing Him now in a different way.

Blessings

Curious
By Spera
Curious-I am just now reading your story which brought tears to my eyes. I just want to scoop up that 4 year old boy, myself and make him feel better. It reminds me of St. Theresa the Little Flower, whose mother also died when she was 4. Jesus told her he wanted that place in her heart for himself. It's in the book "Story of A Soul". I love how you describe Jesus.
By Moll
Curious, I wanted to say that was a wonderful story and it really touched my heart. Can I ask do you talk to Our Lord in your head all the time about just anything? Or do you communicate through prayers? Sometimes I find it difficult to concentrate when praying and feel restless when I cant get it right.

God Bless
By David S.
Thank you for sharing your story. Beautiful stuff!
By dicombs
Oh Curios,

I was so touched by your experience. Thank you for sharing it. Lately I have been hearing a lot about the loving nature of Jesus and your story confirmes this. What a joy it must be to have laid eyes on Jesus and the Blessed Mother!!! How that must change you.

God Bless you.. Diane
By mcikath
:) Hi Curious, i have only just read your story, but it is beautiful, and you are so fortunate with your Blessings, thanks for sharing them with us love mcikathx