Post your stories of conversion here. The seer Ivan says that conversion is a lifelong process.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

By Jill Ish
Hi, my name is Jill and I am new to the forum. I am a stay at home Mom to two little boys who are almost three years and four months. My husband and I went to Medjugorje back in June of 2002 to pray for children and our prayers really got answered! We adopted Michael from the US, and now have our miracle baby Mark John who was conceived after a nine day novena to the late Pope John Paul. I am really stuck in the house a bit because Mark is a fussy sleeper so I have been doing alot of lurking on the board when I get free moments here and there. It is nice to read adult converations about my favorite place!

I was really away from God from seventeen years old until about thirty years old. I would kinda go back and forth with him. It was not until that I was dating my husband that I really got called in church to turn away from sin and lead a pure life. My Peter agreed to that and we had just an amazing courtship until we got married. Our wedding was the happiest and most spirtual day of my life and it was as if heaven touched us both. That was the start for me of heading up the narrow path to holiness. I still have a long way to go!

Anyway, Medjugorje aways fascinated me. My Mom had been there and gave me books about it. I used to read them all the time and want to go there in my twenties. I will write more about what happened when we went. It was an amazing trip.

God bless you all, and nice to meet you too!
Jill :D
By Nike
Jill,

Welcome to this forum, and congratulations on your lovely family and miracle child. When you have little ones, it is nice to stay in touch with adults. sometimes it is hard to stay attuned to what is going on, outside of raising children.... :lol: .

I hope you can stay with us, and share some of your experiences and thoughts on Medjugorje. This is a wonderfull place you have found here....

Peace
Mary
By LittleRed
A big welcome from me as well Jill :D ...

I am so glad to see more people coming on board to the forum :D ...I would love to hear about your trip to Medjugorje....

And it is amazing the graces Our Lord and Our Lady give to us!! How blessed are you and your husband :D ...

Bless, Sharon
By Spera
Hi Jill--Welcome!
I loved your story about your children.
All I ever wanted to be was a mom. I have 4 children, myself.
Glad to have you with us.
Spera.
By thomas
Welcome aboard Jill! :D As you can see I'm pretty new to the forum too and I've done alot of lurking myself. :roll: I've never been to Medjugorje yet but I am a firm believer and a follower since the apparitions started. Been there in my heart though since day one! I even have an awesome pix of the Blessed Mother (kind of like a tin-type overlay) that appeared when a pilgrim was just taking a picture of the woods! Perhaps I can try to upload it?

Coincidently, we adopted our oldest son Michael almost seven years ago! And I'll shortly share a neat witness that my wife and I shared when we adopted our second son this past July.
By stunnedbyit
thomas wrote: Been there in my heart though since day one! I even have an awesome pix of the Blessed Mother (kind of like a tin-type overlay) that appeared when a pilgrim was just taking a picture of the woods! Perhaps I can try to upload it?

Coincidently, we adopted our oldest son Michael almost seven years ago! And I'll shortly share a neat witness that my wife and I shared when we adopted our second son this past July.
Hey Thomas, please do upload that pic, that would be tremendous!
By starbright
Welcome, Jill!
By Jill Ish
Thanks for all your kind welcomes. You all seem so nice and spirtual.

I have many stories to share about Medjugorje if only I had some time to write them! I just have little breaks here and there when Mark is napping, and Michael is playing trains or watching TV for a little bit.

I guess what really stood out from the place was the spirtuality of all the people who lived there and the pilgrims. I felt such peace, and like I was really home. We got to go to one of Marija's appartions at her private chapel and my husband was picked to go on the altar directly facing her. He is more of a skeptic than I am! He said that when the blessed mother appeared she had a look of utter astonishment and joy. Marija was seven months pregnant at the time and her three little boys were all around her. She just looked like she blocked everything out. He said that would be hard to fake that everyday. Also we visited this one guy that lived there at the base of apparition hill and he had bulit in his basement a little grotto of the Blessed mother, St. Jospeph, and baby Jesus. We started singing Christmas carols in June! It was really touching.

Anyway, I'll tell you more later about my trip, and also how my Michael completely recovered from a heart ailment when he was ten days old after he was annointed by my old spirtual director. He almost died on us three times. He is a real amazing spirtual kid who as a baby would wave to angels or something floating aboove his head after I would pray for all of heaven to watch over him at night.

Peace in Christ,
Jill
By Sirach1717
Welcome Jill! So glad you found this site. It is really wonderful. How awesome that your husband went to medjugorje too, I wish I could get my husband to go.

Blessings,

Mary
PS. I used to live in MA, miss it soo much! especially the beaches!
By mcikath
:D Welcome to the Forum, Jill. Hope you get out of the Forum which i do
i.e. So many graces!! I hope to visit Medj some day in the not too distant future. love and prayers mcikath xxx
By Moll
HI Jill Welcome, your story sounds amazing. I havent been to med yet myself, but hopefully in the near future, please God :D :D
By Observer
Hi Jill:

I'm sort of new here myself, so it's great to meet you. It seems God has clearely called you to be a wife and mother. Congratulations on your miracle child, and I hope you and your husband have years of happiness.

I hope my Ordanation as either a Deacon or a Priest is as happy as your wedding was.

Peace to All

Observer
By puddyhuston
Welcome to Jill, Thomas and Observer so good to have you all here with us.
Jill your story about your children is so lovely. Please tell us more on the main thread about your visits to Medjugorje I love all those stories.
By mcikath
:D Hi Jill another welcome to the Forum, and i will include Thomas and Observer. Well Observer,you are going to be in my Rosary tonight that
the Holy Spirit will guide you in the right direction on your decision to be a deacon or a priest.God go with you all --love and prayers mcikath xx :D
By Observer
Thanks, Micikath. I need all the help I can get.
By Wooday
Thanks for this discussion.

I am new too, and am encouraged by this forum.
By Pippy
That reminds me of something...when I was in high school, I told myself that I would end up with 2 cats. I would name one "Pitched Woo" and the other "A Woo Woo" because that is when I learned those words were old-fashioned expressions for love!!! I thought they sounded strange but neat!

Welcome! Wooday!!! :D

Pippy
By andieone
A big welcome from me too Jill
Loved the stories so far....tell us more!
I love to hear stories about the place.
One of my favourite books is by Sr. Emmanuel....."Medjugorje in the '90s"
I hate to pick it up......cos its hard to put back down :lol:

God Bless

Jim
By fredstar
Observer. Welcome. I will say a Divine Mercy Chaplet for your religious vocation tonight. God bless.

Fred
By savedbymarie
andieone wrote: One of my favourite books is by Sr. Emmanuel....."Medjugorje in the '90s"
I hate to pick it up......cos its hard to put back down :lol:

God Bless

Jim
It's the book I've been reading almost everyday since 2000, last time I was in Medjugorje.
I lend it to my father, then bought a one for me, and now I lend it to a friend who went to medjugorje in april.
I miss it !
By glengormley
Hi Jill,
I'm new as well.Thanks for sharing your story.It's amazing if you look at the Scripture from Jeremiah that you quote,how it comes to life in such a vibrant way when you met your husband and now you have your two children.These are the deepest yearnings and fulfilments of us all,to have our own families.Of course with prayer everything is possible.
I met my wife through a guy who I had shared my testimony with.He was in a bad way at the time.He was engaged to a nurse and later on introduced me to her friend who became my wife.(I've sort of rushed the story along a bit!)When you look back,you certainly can see God's footprints.By the way,I have three young kids who are our pride and joy as well!
Mark from Ireland.
By aoise
hello Jill and welcome

I recently posted my Medjugorje story so I was intrigued to read what you have been able to write so far. For those who have not yet been fortunate enough to go, I would urge you to at the first available opportunity. It really is the most profound beautiful experience.
Keep feeding us your experiences Jill when you can. :lol:

Laudate Jesu Christi