Post your stories of conversion here. The seer Ivan says that conversion is a lifelong process.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

By John Dara
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post so I thought that this would be the right place to begin.

How has Medjugorje effected my conversion?

I was raised Catholic, but I didn't go to Church (just at Christmas and Easter.) I had been to Confession once and wasn't confirmed. I believed in God, but didn't know much about Him personally.

Then in 1993 a program aired on TV called, "Ancient Secrets of the Bible" and it detailed how the miracles of the Bible actually occurred. I was fascinated with Moses and the Ark of the Covevant and started to read the Bible. It was a real search for God and I came face to face with the God of Israel. I was now a believer.

But I didn't care much for the Catholic Faith. I saw it as the sucessor of Jesus and the Apostles but so much of it like Lent and Penance and things like that seemed to be mere human invention.

Then I heard about Medjugorje. First I saw a segment about it on "Unsolved Mysteries". I believed in it instantly. Then, Divine Providence had me in the local library and someone had placed the book, "Spark from Heaven: The Mystery of the Madonna of Medjugorje" by Mary Craig on the display book case. I read the book and I fell in love with Medjugorje. HERE was what I needed: God's Supernatural Stamp of Approval on the Catholic faith.

I got in contact with a centre of peace and started getting the monthly messages. Our Lady's insistence on Monthly Confession lead me back to the confessional and turned me into a practicing Catholic. It is Our Lady's messages that lead me to love Jesus in the Eucharist, to Confess, to Pray the Rosary and to love the Pope. The LORD God used her to bring me to fulness of the Faith.

Medjugorje has been a constant since. Our Lady is close to me and I've had several miraculous occurances linked to Our Lady of Medjugorje. On the 20th of Febuary 1997 I was present for a private apparition of Our Lady to Ivan. Her presence could be felt. Seven months to the day, September 20, 1997, the Lord confirmed this apparition to me with a sign: a great fire ball, three times larger than the sun appeared in the sky across from my house and moved across the horizen before disappaering behind a cloud and lighting up the sky! It was only months later when I read my diary that I made the link between the two.

In October 2002 I travelled to Medjugorje and was present for Our Lady's apparition to Mirjana. There I entrusted myself to Our Lady completely. Worshipping Jesus in the Eucharist was also a major turning point for me. Then in Febuary 2003 I was present for Our Lady's apparition to Ivan who came to my part of the world (Australia). The joy of Our Lady could be felt and meeting Ivan after that you could see the joy in his eyes. I took a photo of him with my brother and when I got home discovered that the links in my rosary beads had changed to gold colour!

So, in conclusion, the apparitions of Medjugorje are absolutely 100% true and from God. They confirm to me that God exists, and that if we are to live completely as He wants us to, then we will be practicing members of the Catholic Faith. These apparitions have really changed my life and I will always be grateful for Our Lady of Medjugorje!
By MarysChild2000
John,
Your conversion story was wonderful to read. It is wonderful to come back "home" to the Church. I too was away for a very very long time and Mary brought me back through her messages of Medjugorje. Thank you for sharing your story.
God Bless,
MarysChild2000
By Hayes22
I will be visiting Medjugorje in mid-November I have known about Med since 1984 and am at long last going to be able to visit. I can't wait ... this is what I need in my life !!!

Mike Hayes, NEW ZEALAND
By unclealex
Religious and spiritual conversion - what a beautiful and fascinating mystery!
The entire experience begins with something seemingly coincidental, as in
John's case a viewing of 'Untold Mysteries'. From that point everything else
falls into place. Praise God! 8)
By judy
Welcome, John, and what a nice story ! Praise be to Jesus and Mary!

It is beautiful stories like this that always have me baffled as to why people denounce our Lady and Her apparitions in Medjugorje ! I can't believe that their eyes are closed to how God works in our lives !Pray , Pray, Pray

God bless
By unclealex
Judy, people reject the messages of Mary just as they have refused to
accept the messages of her Son in the Gospels because they unsettle
their personal convictions and challenge their way of life. Those of us
who have accepted the teachings of Christ cannot reject the messages
of Mary. There are people who refuse to believe in the apparitions of Mary,
including those events which have been approved by the Catholic Church,
but the important thing is for them to heed what the visionaries have said.
One denounces Mary by dismissing what she has said in accordance with
the spirit of Holy Scriptures. Unfortunately, there are Christians who fail to
see and appreciate Marys' evangelical role as effected by the Holy Spirit.
:(
By starbright
Welcome John and welcome Mike

John, what a lovely conversion story. You are blessed.

Mike, have a wonderful time there. Loads of other people have gone there and all have found peace and prayerfulness and grace
By Gospa05
John..thank you so much for your conversion story. It is beautiful.
Our Lady is so wonderful!!!

To Jesus through Mary..Geraldine
By Pippy
Beautiful testimonial!! Wonderful conversion!! :D And welcome John and Mike!! I think we all love to hear about everyone's conversion stories...Pips
By unclealex
A beautiful story, indeed!
I will tell Our Lady how happy I am for your conversion
and that of others, while here in Medugorje. She is here
because She earnestly wishes to save the souls of all Her
beloved children. Not until I came to Medugorje did I see
and feel how much our Blessed Mother loves me, loves all
of us. :D