Post your stories of conversion here. The seer Ivan says that conversion is a lifelong process.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

By aoise
Dear All, as my previous post has appeared, I am now happy to share my story. I first heard of Medjugorje when the news first spread of the apparitions back in the early 1980's. I admit I was sceptical and as a devotee of Lourdes, I didn't feel I needed anything else. I decided to wait and see what would happen. Well, that 'wait and see' turned into 26 years.

Even now, I can't quite explain how I ended up in Medjugorje. Looking back over the past year in particular, I feel as if I have been carried along on a tidal wave. Certainly Our Holy Mother had called me. I have no doubt about that. It was a strange mixture of internet/talking with a parishioner who had been and of course 'the invitation'. I'm sure too that my late dear Mum has also somehow had a hand in things.

So I went to Medjugorje in late April. I felt that even just being there was a great grace, anything else was a bonus. I went with an open mind and an open heart. I have been a lifelong Catholic but have drfited away several times over the years. I was begining to 'come back' before I left for Medjugorje. I like to think that Our Lady wanted me to obtain as many graces as I could while with her and so had laid some foundations.

My first experience of Mass there had me almost in tears, and I have never cried at Mass before. We went up Apparition Hill the 2nd day and as a storm was approaching, cut short our prayers and headed back down. I had walked there with some of our group and thought I could remember the way back ( not so) and so set off alone. As the rain got heavier, I decided to take shelter under the archway of a drive at the bottom of a lovely house.
As the rain got heavier, I began to wonder how I would ever get back to Medjugorje. It was now 5.45pm. So I asked Our Lady to help me and said " I don't know how I'm going to get back. You'll have to help me: send me a taxi or something". A few minutes later, a man came out of the house and reversed his car out of the drive. He asked if I was headed for the Church and offered me a lift. I gladly accepted and offered my thanks. The car radio was on (Radio Mir) and the Rosary was being recited, so I didn't speak at first out of respect. After a while, we started talking and he then said " do you know whose car this is?". I had no idea and I thought it a very strange question. He then proceeded to tell me that he was Mirjana's husband and I was sitting where she normally sat. Imagine how privileged I felt. So my plea to Our Lady to send me 'a taxi or something' had been answered by sending me Mirjana's husband!! It was thier house I had stood outside although I had no idea at the time. I subsequently sent them a Mass card when I returned to the UK, for Mass to be celebrated for their intentions in our Cathedral on June 2nd.

I was at Cenacolo for Mirjana's apparition on the 2nd and I will never forget it. You could see on the large screen the moment when Our Lady appeared because Mirjana's face lit up. I immediately and instinctively bowed, with my camera in one hand and my rosary in the other !! I tried to pray but nothing intelligible came into my head so I decided to simply revel in the moment and listen to the birds singing. My heart was beating so fast I thought it would escape from my chest. The message Our Lady gave is engraved on my heart.

I had previously already decided to climb Krejevic in the afternoon in thanksgiving for the privilege at being at Cenacolo. I set off about midday in the blazing heat. Half way up some German pilgrims told me to look at the sun. Well it was so bright that I could see nothing and I proceeded on my way. Eventually I reached the top and had just said a prayer at the spot where Fr Slavko died when something made me look up. The sun had the most perfect corona around it, like a Host. It was beautiful and all I could say was 'wow, oh, wow'. For me, it was God saying 'yes. my Mother WAS here this morning'. As I descended the hill, it gradually faded but I will never forget it. I have never felt so close to heaven.

So you see, my week was made up of a series of wonderful events. I nearly forgot to tell you that the day after Mirjana's apparition, I was privileged to see the room where Vicka used to see Our Lady in her grandmother's house. Myself and 2 others spent about 30 minutes in there. We ended our visit by singing the Regina Coeli. The room is very tiny, dark and a bit old fashioned. It is dominated by a statue of Our Lady and one of the Sacred Heart. It was so modest and made me think of Christ's birth in the stable at Bethlehem. And where did Our Lady appear in Lourdes, but in Massabielle, the former town dump.

We were priveleged also to hear Vicka's testimony which is incredibly powerful. Her face radiated such joy, that I found myself blowing kisses at her as she was at us !!

Since my return, I am trying, with the grace of God, to live the messages. I have given up TV on wednesdays and Fridays and also fast on Fridays. I tune into Radio Mir, via the internet and listen to the Rosary as well as from the grotto in Lourdes. That way, I get to pray all 3 mysteries daily. I try and attend Mass daily but failing that, watch it on TV courtesy of EWTN. I am not saying any of this to 'boast' because I am fully aware that it is God's doing. I tell you this simply to proclaim the graces I have received from Medjugorje.

Let us all pray for one another. Laudate Jesu Christi
By puddyhuston
That was a most beautiful story Aoise Our Lady is so great and Medjugorje is Heaven on earth.
I never knew they had a big screen at Cenacolo now, they never had it when I was last there in January, that is wonderful.
By starbright
Thank you so much for your story, Aoise. How do you pronounce that? And welcome, welcome to this wonderful friendly family forum!
By aoise
Hello Francis

Aoise is acutally an Irish name and pronounced as Esher in Surrey. Hope that helps and thanks for your welcome.

A
By Medjugorje Vin
aoise,

It was a delight to read your testimony and I am thankful to you for having the courage to share it with us.

As Puddyhuston has said ,Medjugorje is the portal to Heaven on earth and I long for the day where the traffic jam is backing up to Mostar. :lol:

Praised be Jesus and Mary ALWAYS

Medjugorje Vin
By Hopper
Aoise,

I loved reading your experience in Medjugorje. This is why I love this forum. It's beautiful and you follow everyone's journey and feel a part of their experience on it.
I just love how you were taking shelter from the rain at the house and then you not only meet Mirjana's husband but he's driving you to the church! Wonderful.

God Bless and welcome to the forum,

Hopper
By Spera
Thank you Aoise. I really enjoyed reading your story, esp. finding out who the driver was! What a great surprise.

Spera :D
By Maryschild

God bless you and welcome to our forum family.
Thank you so much for sharing your graces you received
from your visit to Medjugorje.

I am so happy for you,
Sandy~ Image

(Maryschild)
By mcikath
:D dear aoise, Thank you so much for your testimony on Medjugorje, it is wonderful when people share their experiences there. As you know i have just returned from lovely Lourdes, and feel i have received lots of blessings, i knew that this year was going to be special, and now i am looking forward to my invitation to visit Medjugorje next year, it seems a long time off now but i suppose it will soon go over. it is hard to explain the feelings you get by visiting these places, but i have found that reading people's testimonies help us to feel as though we are already there.This will be my first time for Medjugorje. By the way i thought your name was French at first but i also thought it could be Irish , but i did not know it was pronounced esher --we learn something new every day ! :) Maybe we will meet up in Medj or Lourdes someday love mcikathxxx
By aoise
Dear mcikath, thank you for your kind comments. Its so hard to put into words the whole experience but it was life changing. In one of Our Lady's messages, she said give me your heart and I will do the rest. As I said in my testimony, I went with an open mind and an open heart, and Our Lady has certainly lived up to her promise. I told someone else when I came back that it felt as if we were being showered with graces the whole week. Those graces rain down on you wherever you are in Medjugorje, even if you are just walking down the street. Our Lady doesn't waste any opportunity !! I am planning to go back for Christmas and after that, I'm not sure. I would like to go back to Lourdes even if only for a weekend. I haven't been since 2004 when I went with my Mum. She died in Feb 2005 so it will be a poignant occaision. But like I said in my testimony, I feel sure she had a hand in me going to Medjugorje even thought I don't think she knew anything about it. So, in that sense she is still with me.
I too hope we can meet up someday. If we all post our various pilgrimage dates on this forum as they arise, there is every chance that this may happen. We would have SO much to talk about !!!
Aoise (definately Irish) :lol: