Post your stories of conversion here. The seer Ivan says that conversion is a lifelong process.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

By Jude

I heard about the Miracles of Medjugorje from a co-worker in 1986. Her son had taken a pilgrimage with a group from their Church. She told me all about the visionaries and of the spinning sun. It had my interests peaked.

In the year 2000, my brother converted to Catholicism. Our family was put back a bit as we were all raised Baptist, but we saw such a wonderful change in him who could argue.

Well my brother Bill calls me up in August of 2001 and tells me that he is taking me on a trip with him to Europe. I was so excited! He then told me that it was a pilgrimage with a group of Catholics to Medjugorje. You don't know how excited I was that I would finally get to see what all the excitement was about this small village.

On the bus ride to Medjugorje we all introduced ourselves and told them what brought us to Medjugorje. I explained that I was tagging along with my brother and that I was a Baptist. The evening we arrived we all walked into town. I looked at all the shops then worked my way to the Church grounds. The doors to the Church were open and I walked in and took a seat which was by the statue of the Blessed Virgin.

I sat there looking at her and for the first time saw how beautiful she is. I started crying. Steve, the gentleman who's tour group we went with came in and sat next to me. I told him "I don't know why I'm crying, I feel so happy". Steve then told me "she (Blessed Mother) has that effect on people".

The next day I attended mass with one of the ladies, her name is Jane from our group. After mass we walked around the shops and she answered all my questions on Catholicism. She bought me a small book on the Rosary and on our way home through the vineyards I joined her in praying the Rosary.

That night I took out the small book on the Rosary and prayed once again. I woke the next morning feeling strange. I still to this day cannot explain the way I felt. I went down to breakfast and tried to explain to Jane and the others how I felt. They all just smiled and said that Our Lady was working on me.

That morning after Mass, I asked Jane "what is it that I need to do to become Catholic"? Then that evening around 5:00 someone said to look up at the sun, so I did and the sun looked just like the Host!

It took me a few years and one more trip to Medjugorje but I made it!

Thank-you for letting me share my story of conversion.

God Bless you all.

Jude

By Hopper
Jude,

Beautiful story. Thanks for sharing it with us. It brought tears to my eyes.
Welcome to the forum Jude!!!!

Hopper :D
By starbright
Beautiful story, Jude. God bless you!
By mcikath
:D Thank you for sharing, Jude --it is so lovely to hear stories like yours-
welcome to our Forum love mcikath xxx
By LittleRed
I am getting around to reading some of the older conversion threads.....I must say, Jude`s story brought tears to my eyes too.......makes me miss Medjugorje so much right now.......

Thanks for sharing Jude even if this is so late in coming.....

Bless, Sharon
By Mt. Carmel
Hopper wrote:Jude,

Beautiful story. Thanks for sharing it with us. It brought tears to my eyes.
Welcome to the forum Jude!!!!

Hopper :D
It brought tears to my old eyes too!

May your 'conversion' bring you much joy, Jude.

ps. I am at this very moment less than 3ft away from the hillside that Our Lady first appeared on at Medjugorje - well, a bit of it anyway!

It is tucked under a crucifix on a table, and is accompanied by a couple images of 'Our Lady of Medjugorje/Carmel'.

Peace and Love.