Post your stories of conversion here. The seer Ivan says that conversion is a lifelong process.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

By aoise
I recently gave an account of my first visit to Medjugorje this spring and how it has transformed my life. I mentioned in passing that I used to go to Lourdes. It was here that my primary conversion began. I feel that this part of my story needs to be told to help put the rest in context.

I was baptised Catholic and made my first Holy Communion but was not confirmed. We used to go to Mass on Christmas eve for many years but not in between. However, my mother never neglected her prayers and always tried to instill in me the value of prayer.

For many years, on and off, my mother would say " I would love you to see Lourdes, you would love Lourdes, the torchlight procession", and so on. Eventually, in my mid twenties, while training to be a midwife in Edinburgh, I finally arranged for us to go. I could only get away for a long weekend but we set off in May 1980.

We arrived on a misty day and Rosary square was shrouded in mist. I thought it was simply beautiful. The actual moment of grace ( I can pin-point it) occured as we went in and around the grotto. I put my hand up to touch the rock just below the statue of Our Lady. At that moment, a drop of water fell down the back of my hand from the overhanging folliage. I can remember being stunned and thinking that this was just for me. If I had been struck by lightening I don't think I could have been more amazed.

We then went to the baths and met with such kindness that again, I was deeply moved. My mind was in a whirl and when I got back to Edinburgh I immediately sought out a Catholic church and went to confession, the first time in many mnay years. The priest said I had missed my Easter duties and I had no idea what he was talking about !!

From then on, every time I took a newborn baby from the labour ward to the post-natal ward, I always made the sign of the cross on its forehead. I never told anyone this. It was just something between me, God and the baby !!

For the next 25 years I went back to Lourdes twice a year and worked in the baths as a member of the Hospitalite. This is something I treasure and consider both an immense grace and privilege. A year or two after my first visit, a film (French) was made about Lourdes, called 'It was only a drop of water'. I often think how small and almost invisible a moment of grace can be. It wasn't the processions or masses that were the occaision of grace for me, beautiful though they were, it was a drop of water. :D

Laudate Jesu Christi
By sarahanne
Dear Aoise
That is a really beautiful story. I went to Lourdes once about 25 years ago and I feel that I am called to go back there. I hope to go next year with my parish.
God Bless You.
Sarah
By Medjugorje Vin
Aoise :D :D :D

What an Amazing Grace.

Praised be Jesus and Mary ALWAYS

Medjugorje Vin
By Holy Dymphna
How beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us. :)
By marylover
that was beautiful. thanks for sharing.
By marylover
that was beautiful. thanks for sharing.
By Steven
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience. We are not alone in this world. Our Lady is with us. She shows Her Presence in a multitude of ways. We are blessed when we have the presence of mind and spirit to receive Her Gifts. Thank you.

Steven
By Cathy B
Dear Aoise,Thank you so much for sharing your most beautiful story with us. it was a joy to read it, how blessed you are :) :)

God Bless,
Cathy B
By starbright
Aoise, thank you. I can imagine it taking place. Lourdes is a magical place. I've been twice now.
By Wooday
Thanks Aoise for the moving story of your conversion, and for making me laugh about your choice of name in this forum. :)