Post your stories of conversion here. The seer Ivan says that conversion is a lifelong process.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

By SENTINEL
My story involves a very special Priest who overcame a near fatal car accident. His name was Fr. Jim Waters. He had lead many people to Medjugorje and helped in the conversion of many more.

I met Fr. Jim after his car accident in 1993 when he came to rehab at a hospital in my town. He had a closed head injury and had to learn to walk, talk and write all over again. His case was nothing short of a miracle as he had multiple bone splinters that had pierced his heart. After thirty days in a medical induced coma, his life was given back to us.

Spending time at the hospital with him I was introduced to Medjugorje through people from his parish in Wilmington, NC. He was a very special man blessed by God to carry the message of Our Lady to many. As time went by, he was able to express some of his feelings about Medjugorje and how Our Lady had helped him during his time of need.

Shortly after his release, which was about six months later, I was able to make the trip to Medjugorje. It was the first time I had ever done something like this. I was moved at the first glimpse of the village and excited about what was about to be experienced.

One evening wanting some time alone so I walked up Apparition Hill and prayed. I could hear the songs of praise coming from St. James as I sat on a dark hill looking at the stars of the evening. I was filled with the Holy Spirit and felt the presence of Our Lady while I was there. This moment was very significant as I later learned that Fr. Waters had said his first Mass since his accident on this day. What a gift from Our Lady.

Over the years since then, Fr. Waters has passed away and is enjoying his just reward in Heaven. I have moved in and out of the Church searching for my place within. God has seen it fit to allow me to return, and Our Lady has always been by my side through good and bad.

I will once again make this special trip with a different mind and soul because of this first trip. Fr. Waters planted a seed within me that is now starting to take root. Although he is not with us in life, he is with us in spirit. Life is full of people such as him, but God only made one Fr. Waters!! I think of him often and thank him for leading me back to the Church after all these years. His work on this earth is still being seen well after his life.
By GospaFriend
What a great conversion story, Sentinel. Like the visionary Ivan once said, "Conversion is a life-long process."

Your story shows how you are still on the path to conversion, and you've made the important decision to go for it! I'm sure that your pilgrimage to Medjugorje will be filled with grace.

And I'm sure you will be spending a good amount of time sitting atop Apparition Hill, praying beside the new statue of Our Lady (wait until you see it!), and letting the songs of praise from St. James whisk your mind away to Heaven. :D

I'm sure Fr. Waters will be praying right beside you with a huge smile.

God bless you, and thank you for sharing you story!

GospaFriend