Tell us about prayers you've had answered.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, marylover, Management

By athenacp
Thank you for your prayers! It took me an hour to get home (usually takes me a half hour)and I have been home since, until tonight!
Only slid one time and it was just starting to really crank up after I parked, phew.

We got a total of 28-30 inches (depends where you measured)so on top of the other snow, close to 5 feet! THe snow banks alone are taller than me, lol!

Just wanted to thank everyone!!!

Mary
By marylover
It was pretty bad Mary. But luckily the guardian angel guided our hands!

It reminds me of when I lived in Albany New York and it snowed feet there.
By Francis86
That's alot of snow :shock:

Thanks to God! :D
By marylover
Hang on Mary--more snow on the way!!
By athenacp
I've been following the weather models, looks like 12-18 inches more...wahooooo!!!!!!! I love snow, just hope that I can get out, 2 days off with no pay stinks!

Will see what happens though when it starts tomorrow, thanks marylover!
By marylover
i think it starts slow tonight , a 2 day storm Mary. I am a bit worried about the Ford fusion through in 60mph winds once the snow gets on the ground. I just want to get to work and back home. :roll:
Pray Hope and Dont Worry, I will be asking Padre Pio with some help driving thats for sure. 8)
By athenacp
marylover wrote:i think it starts slow tonight , a 2 day storm Mary. I am a bit worried about the Ford fusion through in 60mph winds once the snow gets on the ground. I just want to get to work and back home. :roll:
Pray Hope and Dont Worry, I will be asking Padre Pio with some help driving thats for sure. 8)
I used to have a Chevy CHevette years ago, I know what you mean about the Ford, I have a Buick Terrazza van (which I will not drive tomorrow, the connection between the PA/NJ turnpikes is high up in the air over the Delaware river...no way, not in the wind!) I have the Cherokee Jeep which I am driving tonight and tomorrow-I am more worried about the other drivers, they are nuts! I am at work now..it won;t be bad tonight at midnight when I leave and I hope when I leave at 5AM tomorrow it won't be bad...I am worried about PM rush hour! :shock:

You be careful, take your time and I will keep you in my prayers also!
By marylover
be safe Mary, I plan on getting up very early tomorrow to leave. I'll pray to Padre Pio to help both of us drive in it!!
By OnASpiritualJourney2
No way I could strongly suggest that you both stay home is there???

I didn't think so. :lol: Keeping both of you in my prayers, and all those who must be on the roads, for safe travel.
By athenacp
marylover wrote:be safe Mary, I plan on getting up very early tomorrow to leave. I'll pray to Padre Pio to help both of us drive in it!!
Thank you! Will ask our Guardian Angels to give up a little help too!

Lol Spirit, I had to stay home 2 days without pay last time, I would rather not this time (and as of 9:30PM no snow yet, phew)
By Francis86
Mary, looks like you have a nice storm forming! :D

Closer to home we have quite a deep monsoon low moving south over northern Australia. Looks good for alot of rain here, but after all the floods we've had, I don't know if we need it :lol:
By athenacp
Francis, I'm supposed to get 12-18inches at home and at work up to 15 inches! I'm here now, but I hope we are closing early. I don't think I will be going in tonight will have to see.

I've heard about the flooding! Also you folk have had a nasty heat wave too! Keeping you in prayer that it doesn't get any nastier!
By LittleRed
Hi Mary....

I was wondering if you made it home that night.....so glad you did :D ....

I feel for you east coast people and all that snow being dumped on you.....where do you put it all?? :shock: ......I hope you don`t have major flooding when all that snow decides to melt!!.......

Prayer said for you Francis!!....
By marylover
wish I could stay home, but the hospitals dont close :roll:

Made it home just wind now they are calling for an overnight snow.
By Francis86
Woweee, Mary! :shock: We had 15 inches of rain in an overnight period a couple of weeks ago. I can't imagine that being in the form of snow :o

Yeah, heat and rain don't mix for a pleasant feel :? we're up for another possible 7 inches or more in the coming week.

I hear that snowstorm is teaming up with a windstorm! Amazing. That's sure to whip up some quite nasty weather indeed. Stay safe.
By athenacp
TY Francis! You stay safe too!
By Francis86
Fiji is packing a punch from cyclone Tomas with winds of 275km/hr (172mph).

Praying they stay safe over the next couple of days.
By athenacp
I hope so Francis, we've had 4 inches of rain since Friday and my power was out from 4PM Saturday till 1AM this morning! And it is still raining here, sigh, hoping that other folk are ok!
By Francis86
Atleast we can't complain about not having any rain :lol: since my last post, we did end up getting that 7 inches, and it has rained pretty much everyday since then! :shock: Thanks to God! It's a blessing.

"Heavy rain across large areas of Queensland in recent months have sparked inland floods, transforming Australia's Simpson Desert into a wonderland of flooded creeks and water-filled claypans and waterholes, teeming with plants and wildlife."

Good things always come from it.

Interestingly, I am keeping an eye on a cyclone closer to home, Ului. It's a monster of a storm and the possibility of it heading our way late week. Even if it doesn't cross the coast we are due to see tremendously high seas of 18 feet or even more depending on it's movement. I'll be sure to go check them out :D
By athenacp
You sound like me Francis, if I could I would be chasing tornadoes! :shock: :lol:

I am waiting for hurricane season to start, from what I figure it's going to be very active this year!

Stay safe!
By OnASpiritualJourney2
athenacp wrote:You sound like me Francis, if I could I would be chasing tornadoes!
Now I know why God is keeping you so busy ... he wants you far away from tornadoes!!! :shock: :lol: Your Guardian Angel is busy enough with all your driving in snow storms!!!
By Francis86
Mary, that would be awesome! :D

I've always been interested in participating in a storm chasing tour! They have them in Australia in the summer time, but my dream is to come to the U.S to see Tornadoes! :shock: would be so cool! You're lucky :lol:

I'm a severe thunderstorm spotter, so i'll just observe the hail, damaging wind, tornadoes, very heavy rainfall, if any and report it.

My family do get frustrated with me alot of the time because whenever there is severe weather, you won't be finding me sheltering myself indoors, no way, i'll be in the midst of it :lol:

Yeah, last couple of years on the hurricane front has been fairly quiet for the states. Wait and see about this upcoming one..i always keep an eye on it, even though i don't live there :lol:
By OnASpiritualJourney2
Francis, we have some storm chasers here in the states. But they have another name for the majority of the people who witness tornadoes ... survivors.