Tell us about prayers you've had answered.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, marylover, Management

By NancyD
It was forty years ago, and I remember it like it was yesterday. I was 22 years old,and living with my parents. I was to be married in six weeks. It was a June morning and I awoke to the sounds of my mother calling out my father's name in a distressed way. "Jack!, Jack"! I got up and went across the hall to my parents room. My father was lying face up on the floor, eyes closed. I could hardly hear any breath sounds. He was lying there motionless. My mother was standing off to the and I think she was in some kind of shock. She was a retired nurse, but when you see a loved one hurt, I think she just froze.

My St Anthony statue stood tall on their dresser.

I got down on the floor and attemped chest compressions. I didn't really know what I was doing. I wasn't a nurse then. I was desperate and didn't know what happened to him. After two or three tries, while my hands were still on Dad's chest, I turned my head back to my St Anthony statue, and with everything I had, I called out in a loud voice, "St Anthony help me"!!! ( like don't just stand there... do something!)

In that very moment, I heard a sound like a short distinct swish of wind next to me. I immediately percieved holiness that was unearthly. It was holy, holy, holy.
I did one more chest compression and my my father gasped in air. I just knew he would be alright. The room changed. It was filled with a holy ecstacy. It became hazy with holiness. I said to my mother "Mom, look at the room!" She said " I see!"
We were in the pressence of St Anthony! I was filled with an unearthly happiness. With the utmost sweetness and gentleness, the holy haze ebbed away. And when it was gone, the it was like being dropped on a cement floor. That's what reality feels like after being in the pressence of holiness.

The ambulance came, and took Dad and my mother to the hospital. I stayed behind sitting on the floor, holding my St Anthony statue, sobbing like a baby in total love for my dear Patron Saint.

My father had suffered a brain hemmorhage. He was well again in six weeks. He walked me down the isle on my wedding day, which was August 15th, 1970... St Anthony's birthday and the Feast of Blessed Mother's Assumption.
Wow Nancy - what a beautiful encounter with St. Anthony! I wonder if the Infant Jesus was in his arms when he visited. :D I'll bet that what you experienced after St. Anthony left is what the visionaries feel like when the Blessed Mother leaves. Can you imagine going through that every day? What blessings, and yet what crosses they have.
Onaspiritualjourney2,
thank you for your post. I will never forget that day... There are others, but not like that. The holiness and experience of heavenly happiness is indescribable. Looking back and thinking of that day, I think St Anthony was alone without the baby Jesus. I just knew he was beside me. His pressence was strong and very holy. It was a gift from Heaven!

God bless you,
nancyd
what a wonderful experience of this WONDERFUL saint!! st. anthony was a 'fixture' in our house too, it was our habit to call out to st. anthony to help us when we lost something. today, you reminded me that his interventions can be soooooo much more!!

st. anthony, pray for us, be with us!!
Oh wow ..that story was amazzing. :shock:
I've heard someone say before that Our Lady came to help them & they too had an experience of a 'gust of wind' & of course a great comfort from Anxiety.
We have St.Anthony as a fixture on our kitchen table also :) But i just thought I'd share a St.Anthony story-its small but funny i think.
Yesterday, i became exasperated as I'm currently looking for a job & constantly search,search everywhere i can think of..umpteen websites in order to find
some direction. Its not easy...so in desperation i remembered how if anything was lost...we'd call on St.Anthony & he'd always come to our rescue and find things..sometimes almost instantly. Soooo.....i thought to myself..i'm the lost one here at the moment, (I'm the lost coin) :lol: & just said that short prayer -St.Anthony look, St. Anthony find..St.Anthony plz put 'xyz' in front of my eyes. :D Its a childish prayer really & when my Mother heard me say this she thought i was being ridiculous somehow...Anyways...fast forward to today and instead of always hunting out jobs..i was notified by a job vacancy by post...this has NEVER happened before.
So he didn't fail me...He did put 'a job in front of my eyes'. Its not really a suitable post for me but still, i feel it was an encouraging sign that i could ask him to help my job-hunting mission.!!.. :D
Maryh,
of course you can ask him to help you find a job!!! I have done that. It doesn't have to be a lost article only. He is the Saint of impossible things. Nothing is too big or too small in prayer. Sometimes the answer may be no, but then we have to accept God's Will.

I just pray and talk to him from my heart. I don't use formal prayer readings. Just talk to him with your heart and always promise him rosary for him in thankfullness.
Good Luck! And Trust !
Nancyd
Thanks so much NancyD... :D
Its good to know to say a rosary in thanksgiving too~& i' must work on learning to 'trust' him too.
i always felt more drawn to pray to St.Joesph in connection to my work..but now its St. Anthony first of all.
I never realized i could call on him for 'impossible cases'.
Then St. Joesph to help me become a better worker when I'm actually working.
:wink:
I think i read the history of St.Anthony & how he'd spent a lot of time in the desert. I love to read the biography of Saints on Wikipedia.Its so fascinating. :)
A wonderful account of faith, and the turning to a right source of healing, while in turn you were physically doing the right thing.

I just wonder how many more emergency situations would have such happy outcomes if God, the angels and saints were as a matter of course called upon to assist the clinical proceedures - I suspect many more. It comes down to the proper employment of teamwork.

Peace and Love.
Nancy, your story literally gave me goosebumps on my head, arms, and legs....right after you shared that St Anthony came...

No coincidences....amazing...thank you! thank you! for sharing such a profound part of your life with us!

Love, Pippy