Tell us about prayers you've had answered.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, marylover, Management

By NancyD
I have posted incredible things things that have happened to me as a direct response to PRAYER. What I am going to tell you happened 20 years ago.

I was born with a hole in my heart. It is called ventricular septal defect. As a result, I was very sick as a child. Always seeing the cardiologist, being poked and prodded. I was a "gentle child". My mother always protected me being careful about colds and sore throats. I couldn't run like the rest of the kids. I always had a hard time climbing stairs. I got tired and my heart would pound.

When I was five I developed a heart infection called bacterial endocarditis. It is 99 percent fatal if not diagnosed in time. I remember very well being in the hospital. I had over 300 injections of penicillin . I nearly died.
I had heart catherizations and tests of all kinds. But no surgery.
I has the heart infection again when I was 26 years old.

The story is really about my mother, who loved me so. My condition made us very close. My mother was a nurse and due to circumstances, she suffered pain most of her life. She bore her trials with great courage.
Then she passed away in 1989. I went to nursing school when I was 40 years old. I missed her so. But I had to focus on my schooling because I was now divorced and needed to support myself & kids.

I finished school... And now I am a new nurse. How I wished she could see me. To make a long story shorter, I was working in the hospital and during quiet time, I asked her for a sign that she was happy in Heaven. I said Mom, I know... Close the hole. To me, that would be definitive. Then I said, no that's selfish. Just give me a sign. I was very tired at work and didn't think I could last working 12 hour shifts on my feet.

About two weeks later some co-workers came running to me with a nurse in tow. Many, Tony has a hole in his heart too! I bet him that my murmur was louder than his. I put my stethoscope to my heart and HEARD A NORMAL HEART BEAT for the first time in my life! Tears came streaming down my face. I knew what happened. My mother healed me through he intercession to GOD. I knew then she was happy in Heaven. Five cardiologists told me it was a miracle! The tests done afterwards showed no sign of the hole. It was gone!

My dear mother is Happy in Heaven!
God bless us all, Always Have Faith
Nancyd