Tell us about prayers you've had answered.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, marylover, Management

By karend61
how come when i screw up and have a 'human' moment, God still answers my prayers?

i am having a difficulty in my life right now (actually this problem has been a part of my life for 20 years, the same problem comes and goes) and in the heat of the moment last night i said something that was not so nice. i tried to 'recover' and do my best to 'right' things, but the damage was done. my life, like so many others, is very difficult at times. it can be so frustrating. i get so angry at myself because i feel like i fail miserably against temptation, anger and the evil things in this world. i wish i was stronger at times.

in my pain of self pity (why is my life so difficult?) and sadness (why can't you keep your mouth shut!?), i prayed for God to help me. my prayers were not answered then.i felt God had abandoned me.

this morning i met up with two people, one a friend, one a stranger, who without their knowledge, answered my prayers with their words.i felt so consoled, so loved. i KNOW God used them as an instrument to speak his words.
i was overwhelmed with feelings, knowing he never abandons me, just waits for the right moment to help me.

my question is this: why, when i feel i have totally messed things up, does He continue to help me?

it just blows me away.
Karen I could have written those same words myself.
Thank God, our God is a Mighty, and Merciful and Loving God. :D Slow to anger, rich in kindness.
That's part of why I pray and fast, because those things I can do. But keeping quiet ... :oops:
Let's just say that I'm never at a loss for what to confess. But God's love for me is steadfast.
By medj_pilgrim
Sometimes Our God of Love is the God of fingernails - we feel we are just hanging on by our fingernails, things couldn't get any worse ....

and suddenly we find that things have been sorted out, often in ways we did not expect, and I myself often think at those times ' why didn't I just trust and wait - I know God will help me ?'

I need more faith, but I am too human....
By Francis86
because he really does love you...so much! :D

Thanks be to our beautiful God...

God bless you!
By Mt. Carmel
Karen - It is impossible to fathom the unfathomable. The true dimensions of God's love are understood by God alone. That is why all in Heaven even are still in great awe.

When it comes to describing God’s unfathomable love, even the Bible admits defeat. God’s love for you extends far beyond the bounds of human comprehension.

When we let God down – even if we really foul things up – picture the proudest loving father the world has seen. The baby screams, dribbles and soils itself, yet Dad still glows with pride. God is rather like that, only infinitely moreso.

From St. Faustina's accounts of what God Himself has to say:

"My love and mercy knows no bounds."

"Tell [all people], My daughter, that I am Love and Mercy itself. When a soul approaches Me with trust, I fill it with such an abundance of graces that it cannot contain them within itself, but radiates them to other souls."

"[Let] the greatest sinners place their trust in My mercy. They have the right before others to trust in the abyss of My mercy. My daughter, write about My mercy towards tormented souls. Souls that make an appeal to My mercy delight Me. To such souls I grant even more graces than they ask. I cannot punish even the greatest sinner if he makes an appeal to My compassion, but on the contrary, I justify him in My unfathomable and inscrutable mercy. Write: before I come as a just Judge, I first open wide the door of My mercy. He who refuses to pass through the door of My mercy must pass through the door of My justice..."

"...I desire trust from My creatures. Encourage souls to place great trust in My fathomless mercy. Let the weak, sinful soul have no fear to approach Me, for even if it had more sins than there are grains of sand in the world, all would be drowned in the unmeasurable depths of My mercy."

Peace and Love.
By Lino
I could say:

Not on my way, but in God's.

One year ago, I prayed to have a supplementary teacher in my primary school, because the all classes were full, and a teacher had to teach to a mixed class with seven children with light ou moderated disphasy problems.

I have prayed a lot for a majoration of one teacher to balance this school. Instead, God allows to this class something special: all the children in this class are very disciplined ! So the teacher didn't loss time and energy to settle discipline problems. Thank you, God !