Tell us about prayers you've had answered.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, marylover, Management

By Andy08
Here's the most recent signal grace and prayer answered. My older son, who does not attend church, made a rather shocking request as we watched the horrors happening in Japan. He said out loud in a room filled with his entire family, he exclaimed, "I think we need to pray for those people in Japan." My wife and I looked at each other in silent shock. I said, "Well, sure, that's a good idea." My son is the most honest, unselfish, caring and responsible kid I ever met (he's 21and has never given me an ounce of trouble). But, he doesn't go to church or know how he feels about God. I didn't think he remembered how to pray. I was right...he didn't.

I gave my son the beads for The Chaplet of Peace from Medjugorje. I figured I'd start like Our Lady started with Prayer 101 from Our Lady's school: The Creed, 7 Our Fathers, 7 Hail Mary's, and 7Glory Be's. I also gave him one of the many pamphlets that I keep that has the prayers of the rosary written out for just such an occasion. He went back to school after his spring break ended with a basket of clean laundry and that chaplet and pamphlet on top of the neatly folded clothes. I saw it by the door the night before. Seeing the Chaplet and pamphlet there on top of his clothes warmed my heart. Wow, my family is moving toward God.

He headed back to the university to study, party, workout, goof-off and believe it or not, to pray, to pray for the suffering, the dead, and the lost.

Now that was a miracle.

I'm sure everyone knows: One of the promises of those devoted to the rosary is the gift of signal graces. Well, if that wasn't a signal then I don't know what is a signal.

Thanks for listening. God Bless,

Andy
Last edited by Andy08 on Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By mamamary
what a wonderful story, andy! i know exactly what you mean, being in that time of life now myself with older kids who seem to be 'too busy' experiencing the excitement of life and discovery of their own independance to find time for faith. i try to keep in mind that, with their own free will, they must take this journey of faith for themselves. as their mother, i have tried to give them the lifelong 'tools' of their faith and to engrain in their hearts a love of that faith but ultimately i entrust them to God's hands. in my daily prayers, i give my children over to Our Lady for her protection, to bind them to Her Rosary, so that no matter what turns happen in their lives, they belong to Her. this fills me with great peace. i look to mothers like st. monica, and know the power of a mother's prayer, one so strong that it turned a wayward child into a saint augustine.

i believe our example of faith as parents never leave our children, even at times in life where they might be most distant from faith. you are a living example of faith for your son, one he will think of all thru his long life. your son will look for peace by picking up his father's own worn rosary and old prayer books, and thru your weapons of faith, you will lead him to God!
By MRSTOL
Dear Andy08,

U R very blessed to be going to medjugorje in September. We hope to also go @ the end of Sept beginning of Oct IF God says yes to granting my miracle for myour son. U R also blessed that fasting has brought miracles and signal graces for u. I have fasted off and on since 1988 (my first trip there). I have tried everything. Many novenas many miracle prayers. I am trying to keep the faith. I am trying to continue to fast but i too need signal graces

Love in Christ
MRSTOL
By OnASpiritualJourney2
Andy that is absolutely beautiful!!! By your own conversion, and prayer and fasting, you have been a sign for your son and have started in motion the wheels of his own spiritual journey. Thank you for sharing with us!!! What a beautifully Christian response your son has had to the plight of the Japanese people.