Tell us about prayers you've had answered.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, marylover, Management

By thebpman
I just got offered and accepted a full time job in a hardware store.

I had just finished the Holy Cloak when I got the first interveiw, so this is one is for St. Joseph. Thank you very much St. Joseph.

Peter
By Hopper
Wonderful news bpman!!!

Hopper
By mcikath
:D So pleased for you Peter--dear St Joseph to the rescue eh ! Thank God
you have found work --hope you will be very happy there love mcikath xx
By thebpman

I talked to my boss from the part time work I was doing before this new job and he wanted to keep me on too even though I couldn't work regular day time hours. So now I've got two jobs and work coming out of my ears. :D :D

They always say that St. Joseph worked very hard, long hours. :lol:

Peter
By franaissance
Congratulations. Wonderful news.
By Moll
Peter,

Just read this. WOnderful, Wonderful News!!

Hope everything Is going good
By Coloradocatholic
What is the Holy Cloak?
By LittleRed
Coloradocatholic, Here is an article I got from Spirit Daily which should explain about the Holy Cloak :D ....I always recite the "Prayer for a difficult problem" right before I have to work....It has made a world of a difference for me at work :D .....

Bless,Sharon

Spirit Daily

The Holy Cloak: At A Time Of Mysteries, A 'Hidden' Saint Is There With Hidden Novena

First story

Is it St. Joseph's time?

There are many hidden things, and one of them, at this moment in history, is the great saint who served as the earthly father of Jesus.

Incredible as it seems, he is known to all -- from the very Nativity, from before the birth of Jesus -- but remains almost clandestine.

Few are the holy men or women who have not had an association with Joseph, and perhaps it is time for him to step from what is relative obscurity. We think of him in a special way next week (Monday is his feast), and even that is obscured, most of the time, by the feast two days before of St. Patrick, another one who is great but would be the first to acknowledge Joseph as his superior.

No saint, save the Virgin, is more powerful.

How could they be? He spent more time with Jesus than anyone except his wife. He was chosen to take the place of father to the Incarnate Word. It is believed that like John the Baptist, he was sanctified in the womb; that he was confirmed in grace; and that he was free from incorrect impulses.

He was holy before his marriage, but how much more was he purified by it!

The Lord Who on earth revered Joseph as His father will certainly deny him nothing in Heaven. It was Joseph who gave to Jesus food, shelter, and clothing. We certainly welcome your testimonies! Let us recall the words of St. Bernard: "There is given to some of the saints the gift to help in particular necessities, but to St. Joseph power is given to help in all necessities, and to protect all who devoutly turn to him."

And so we go to him and urge everyone to do the same. While many saints are known for particular favors, Joseph -- though so frequently overlooked -- is known for all of them!

In apparitions, as in life, Joseph always has been in the background -- silent there during the famous apparition at Knock, and equally silent with the rest of his Holy Family at Fatima when he appeared during the miracle of the sun. Always in the background -- the paragon of humility!

But when he does pop up, it is powerful. Blessed Andre of Montreal healed thousands through his intercession, and there is an extremely powerful novena by the intriguing title of "The Holy Cloak." What does a cloak do? It keeps us warm. It shelters us from rain. It can even hide us.

Many are those who have received favors by reciting the prayer -- including St. Therésè. Only recently did we become aware of it, and feel its special anointing. The novena booklet spans 37 pages and begins with an offering, followed by other explanations and prayers.

"It is to be recited on thirty consecutive days in memory of the thirty years St. Joseph spent in the company of Jesus Christ, Son of God," notes the booklet. "The extraordinary graces obtained by this prayer are innumerable. In fact, St. Therésè said, 'If you really want to believe in it, prove it to yourself by reciting the novena and you will finally be convinced.'"

Which only makes sense: the power of St. Joseph should be apparent in his incredible role from caretaker and husband of Mary -- the Blessed Mother -- to the one whom angels communicated history-shaking messages. If not for Joseph, Mary would not have been betrothed; if not for him, they wouldn't have found the manger; if not for his dream, they would not have fled (to Egypt), escaping Herod.

Don't you wonder at his role as Jesus grew up, and when this holy saint died?

Those are mysteries we won't know until we ourselves are on the other side -- and hopefully in his company! As Jesus Himself said to St. Margaret Mary: "I wish that every day you offer special prayers to My mother and St. Joseph, My most sweet guardian."

And as the Blessed Mother told Venerable Drageda: "You must see to it that you continually increase your love and devotion to this great saint. In all your necessities, you must avail yourself of his protection; under all circumstances, you must encourage as many people as possible toward this devotion, for indeed, whatever my devoted spouse requests of Heaven, the Almighty will grant on earth."

He to whom the tree belongs has a right to its fruit -- and so in that simple message is the anointing. He who clothed Jesus now seeks to spread his cloak over us.

03/15/06

Novena Story On St. Joseph Brings Flood Of Accounts On Power, Answered Prayer

Second story

There was an outpouring when we ran an article on the great St. Joseph. As it happens, he may be a "hidden" saint, in many regards, but if so there is also a "hidden" popularity. And power.

The comments? The accounts?

"I couldn't believe when I read your article about St. Joseph," wrote Sharon Stein. "I have a new devotion to him. I have three small children -- two boys and a girl -- and truly thought I was 'done' having children.

"Then approximately nine months ago, I started to have this desire in my heart to have another precious little one. For some reason, I opened one of my bedroom drawers and pulled out a St. Joseph Novena card. I don't even remember ever praying to St. Joseph!

"I started the Novena asking St. Joseph if it be God's Will, that I have another baby. I was a bit worried because I was going to turn 39 in October. Well, I finished the novena and then a few days later, I felt a bit 'strange.' I took a pregnancy test on a whim -- not thinking I could be pregnant (in fact we had been trying not to get pregnant) and I could not believe that the test was positive! Not only that, but I calculated my due date, and it was March 19th, St. Joseph's feast day."

Sharon ended up having the child, a girl they named Mary Grace, two weeks before she was due, but the message was sent -- "St. Joseph is powerful," in Sharon's words -- and there are times the dates do fall in a way that is momentous.

"My mother Mary had a great devotion to St. Joseph and prayed to him daily for a happy and speedy death," wrote another viewer. "She was 94 and in good health, still living independently in her little apartment near her family.

"On March 19, 2002 at one a.m. she suffered a massive heart attack. She made it to the hospital, received the Last Rites, and with all of her children, and most of her grandchildren, around her, died peacefully at three p.m. that same day, the feast of St Joseph. Her prayers were answered!"

These are all in response to an article we had on a new thirty-day novena to St. Joseph, The Holy Cloak, at least new to us.

"He has never let me down," writes Nadia Desroches. "St. Joseph hears and answers every single prayer and petition I have ever asked for, especially the ones that relate to needing help with my spouse and 'married life.' My son, who's birthday is on March 20th, is named Joseph, in his honor. Out of all the saints, I owe him the biggest hug. I can't wait to meet him in Heaven!"

He is a selfless saint. He is a humble servant. He is a saint second only to his own spouse on earth, whether or not people realize his power.

To many, he is famous for helping in the sale of homes and real estate. Noted Magdalen Mauldin, "St. Joseph has sold several homes for us. I have passed this information on to friends who have had the same good response on sales of their properties. I include St. Joseph in my prayers everyday!"

"You asked for testimonies about St. Joseph," wrote a financial representative named Rosemary K. Woerner. "My husband, Steven, was building a fence around our back yard and was finishing up the last section by himself. He was trying to stretch the last bit of chain link around the last post, but found he could not stretch, hold, and clip the hook around at the same time.
"He tried and tried, but just needed someone to hold the chain link in place while he hooked it. He said he thought of St. Joseph and said a quick impromptu prayer telling him that he could sure use a hand right now.

"Suddenly it was as if an unseen hand came and pulled on the chain link holding it in place long enough for Steven to get the wire hooked around the post. He smiled and said 'thank you,' but the really amazing part was still to come. Right after the fence was finished, little birds began to come from all over to sit on that fence. They sat on top of it, between the links in the middle of it, and on the ground at the bottom of it. They looked at it from all angles, turning their little heads up and down and from side to side. They only sat on that one section that St. Joseph had helped to build. They did that for about one week and just kept coming. Sometimes there were as many as fifty birds on that one little section of fence. Then, just as suddenly as they had started, they stopped coming to the fence, as if the glow, or the light, or whatever it was that only they could see had faded.

"We still smile when we think of this incident, and it taught us that St Joseph is every bit as kind and thoughtful as he is powerful, and he cares about even the smallest things."

Noted another in the financial industry, a man named Jerry: "In 1997 I was downsized unexpectedly from my job on Wall Street. I had a young family, big mortgage, and it was a terrifying experience. I knew trying to find another job that could replace my much-needed income would be a real challenge.

"A close friend of mine told me to start a novena to St. Joseph. I did.

"Well, the first week of the novena, I broke my leg, and all of my job prospects dried up. I asked my friend if he was sure the novena would work; he said to stick with it. The second week, my car died – completely. I called my friend and jokingly told him that St. Joe was doing a great job. We had a good laugh and I stuck with the novena.

"To make a long story short – within a few weeks I had a great opportunity fall into my lap, it allowed me to get out of lower Manhattan (a few years before 9/11), work fifteen minutes from home, so I could spend more time with my growing family… and the money?

"Let’s just say that several years later I own the business and God has provided beyond my wildest dreams. Today I am studying for a master's degree in theology, working in the RCIA program and serving the Lord with gladness.

"Oh by the way, what day did I start that new job? March 19th."

[resources: The Holy Cloak Novena]

Petition for St. Joseph's Blessings:

Bless me, O dearly beloved Father, St. Joseph; bless my body and my soul; bless my resolutions, my words and deeds, all my actions and omissions, my every step; bless all that I possess, all my interior and exterior goods, that all may redound to the greater honor of God. Bless me for time and eternity, and preserve me from every sin.

Obtain for me the grace to make atonement for all my sins by love and contrition here on earth, so that after my last breath I may, without delay, prostrate at your feet, return thee thanks in Heaven for all the love and goodness thou, O dearest father, has shown be here below. Amen.

Act of Consecration to St. Joseph

O Dearest St. Joseph, I consecrate myself to thy honor and give myself to thee, that thou may always be my father, my protector and my guide in the way of salvation. Obtain for me a great purity of heart and a fervent love of the interior life. After thine example, may I do all my actions for the grater glory of God, in union with the Divine Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary! And do though, O blessed St. Joseph, pray for me that I may share in the peace and joy of thy holy death. Amen.

Daily Prayer for Protection

Hail, O Saint Joseph! I, your unworthy child, greet thee. Thou are the faithful protector and intercessor of all who love and venerate thee. Thou knows that I have special confidence in thee and, after Jesus and Mary, place all my hope of salvation in thee, for thou are all powerful with God and will never abandon thy faithful servants. Therefore, I humbly invoke thee and commend myself, with all who are dear to me, and my entire possessions, to thy secure protection and powerful intercession. I beseech thee, by the love of Jesus and Mary, do not abandon me during life and assist me at the hour of my death. Amen.

Prayer in a Difficult Problem

O Glorious St. Joseph, thou who has power to render possible even things which are considered impossible, come to our aid in our present trouble and distress. Take this important and difficult affair under thy particular protection, that it may end happily (mention your request).

O dear St. Joseph, all our confidence is in thee. Let it not be said that we would invoke thee in vain; and since thou are so powerful with Jesus and Mary, show that thy goodness equals thy power. Amen. St. Joseph, friend of the Sacred Heart, pray for us.

Prayer for Purity

O Guardian of Virgins and holy father St. Joseph, into whose faithful keeping were entrusted Christ Jesus, Innocence itself, and Mary, Virgin of virgins, I pray and beseech thee by these dear pledges, Jesus and Mary, that, being preserved from all uncleanness, I may with spotless mind, pure heart and chaste body ever serve Jesus and Mary most chastely all the days of my life. Amen.

Prayer for the Church and the Holy Father

Most Powerful Patriarch St. Joseph, Patron of the Universal Church, which has always invoked thee in anxiety and trouble, from the exalted seat of thy glory cast a loving glance upon the whole Catholic world. Let thy fatherly heart be touched at the sight of the Mystical Spouse and the Vicar of Christ overwhelmed with sorrow and persecuted by powerful enemies. Oh, by the bitter anguish thou did experience upon earth, dry the tears of the venerable Pontiff, defend him, comfort him, intercede for him with the Giver of peace and charity, that, all adversity being removed and all error dissipated, the entire Church may serve God is perfect liberty. Amen.

Prayer for a Happy Death

O Glorious St. Joseph, behold I choose thee today for my special patron in life and at the hour of my death. Preserve and increase in me the spirit of prayer and fervor in the service of God. Remove far from me every kind of sin; obtain for me that my death may not come upon me unawares, but that I may have time to confess my sins sacramentally and to bewail them with a most perfect understanding and a most sincere and perfect contrition, in order that I may breathe forth my soul into the hands of Jesus and Mary. Amen.
By 4HimthroughHer
Good ol St. Joseph, we really can rely on him...

Congratulations!
By Coloradocatholic
LittleRed, Sharon,
Thank you so much for this wonderful information. My husband and I are going to start this tomorrow, the Feast of the Holy Family. A great day to start it. He has been struggling immensely at his work and they are insane there. I will be looking for work by summer and we are saying this for the both of us. Thank you again. I had never heard of the Holy Cloak. God Bless!