Tell us about prayers you've had answered.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, marylover, Management

By Hopper
A couple of you who have gone to Medjugorje or special shrine, I had pm'd to ask prayers for my mother whose's memory is now poor.

For a year it's been difficult even getting her to mass or confession. (83 Years old) always claims she's too tired or doesn't feel good. I believe she had only been to mass with me about 4 or 5 times that year.
Lo and behold I went to confession Nov. 4th 2007 and she decided to go with me. I've gotten her to Saturday evening mass since then. I see this as a definite positive sign that prayers are working. So I want to thank those who have prayed for her.
I don't know if God will answer the part of restoration of her memory or not - but at least now I'm getting her to weekly Eucharist again.

Thanks, Hopper :D
By starbright
Great news!
By Hopper
Thank you Starbright & John-boy...

It is good news. It's so hard getting elderly. The poor little honey - as I was driving her with me in the car to confession - she had written out her little list of sins - saying "I wrote these out because I don't want to forget when I get in there." and then she added "I missed mass about 5 times" with me thinking "more like a year" but in her mind it was 5 times so I wasn't going to correct her and disturb her in the process.

I think the last person I pm'd for prayers concerning her was Stella - who went to Medjugorje this October I believe and told me she prayed for her there or put a petition there on cross mountain. Then here the following month, November - Mom decides to go to confession with me. Now she's been going to mass with me every Saturday. Sundays are too hard for her to get up and get herself ready - prior to that however - even Saturdays seemed to hard for her to get ready to go.

Thanks again, Hopper :D
By Ceena
I will pray for your Mom Hopper,

GOD bless,
Ceena
By savedbymarie
thank you for sharing
thank you Mother Mary, thank you jesus