Tell us about prayers you've had answered.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, marylover, Management

By Demotriton
Lately the Lord has revealed to me why many of my prayers don't seem to be doing much. He told me that it is because my will for Him to act is much less than the person's will to be just as they are. Sacrifices dramatically increase the power of prayer. Yesterday God told me just to offer sacrifices up to Him and allow Him to decide how they are used. I did this and throughout the day the Lord moved my heart into where I desired more and more to help others rather than pray for myself. Praying for myself got to feel more and more disgusting and praying and helping others got to be more and more beautiful. Last night God moved me more than usual to see the beauty of selfless/unconditional Love and I begged Him from the heart for Him to use me, it got to the point where I couldn't stand the thought of not being used by the Lord in helping others.

Due to the mighty power of God, of course the very next day(today) God sent me one of my co-workers at work who needed help. She works in the office next to me and is going through a divorce. God has led me not to pass judgment on this but to just let Him work the way He wants to. She came into my office today and said "I'm going to pass out" and laid on the floor of my office stressed out and crying and then fell asleep on and off for awhile. I prayed for her while she was sleeping as best I could and told her to seek God's help in this matter and have faith that He will act. I am not a people person and am terrible with speaking to people and forming relationships so I asked the Lord and let Him work in the situation as much as possible. I prayed over her and tried to comfort her and told her it was OK for her to go home and that God will take care of this.

I will continue to pray for her and ask you to pray for her as well as I know God wants to work in this. Her name is Robbin.

--Thank you Lord Jesus for what you did for us and what you do for us each day.
By LittleRed
Demotriton, Your post brought tears to my eyes :D (good tears I might add)...

See what happens when we let God be the one to decide :D ....We all go through it, wanting to be in control, but it really is God who knows what is best in all that we do and say..and pray :D ...

And as for your co-worker...sometimes all that is needed is to just be there...to offer up prayers for her as you did...

Bless, Sharon