We'd like to welcome our "Silent Seekers" to the Medjugorje Forum. Introduce yourself here!

Moderators: MedjAdmin, marylover, Management

By H&N
Hi All,

My wife and I want to Medjugorje by ourselves for praying. We intend to fly from Los Angeles to Split, Crotia in April by British Airways and Air One 1381 (operated by Crotia Airline). I need to know the following information because we have a limited budget for the trip.

- How far is it from Split to Medjugorje? How could I get to Medjugorje from Split (by taxi, coach, motobike?? and how much does it cost?
- Is it easy to find out a hotel room (without booking) in Medjugorje or nearby areas in April ? What is the avarage cost for a hotel room per night for two person?

If you have any information or websites related to my questions please let me know. I will highly appreciate.

Thanks
By Apprentice Saint
Hello H&N

If my memory serves me right... it takes about 2 1/2 hours travel time from split to medjugorje. You will have no bother getting a taxi from the airport.. costs 120 euro per taxi. 25 euro for the coach . you may have to wait for a coach though.
You shouldn't have any difficulty getting a hotel in April without booking.. costs roughly about 20euro a night.
Here's a site that might give you some idea.

http://www.travel-(linking to this site is not allowed)/responsible_accm

God Bless
Sorry, i only know the costs in euro....no idea what it is in dollars
By OnASpiritualJourney2
Welcome to the forum H&N!!! :D

How wonderful that you'll be going to Medjugorje to pray! Can't help you out with any advice but as you've already gotten that, I'll be praying for you both to have a wonderful pilgrimage! :D
By Ursus
Avarege prize for pearson in Medjugorje(only sleeping) is 10euro, somewhere can be 17. and somewhere 8euros.
If there will be free rooms in place where i work, you and your wife can stay for free(sleep with breakfast), or I can try to find you somewhere cheaper.I will be glad to help.

Buy the way my offer stand for anyone who have financial problems, just contact me on private message.
By cggirl1984
Hi!
I pray you and your wife have a safe and wonderful trip.

Someone posted great info on how to get there, but I noticed someone wrote that they only knew price in euros. Right now its $1 usd for .74 euros. Not sure if that is any help but :)