We'd like to welcome our "Silent Seekers" to the Medjugorje Forum. Introduce yourself here!

Moderators: MedjAdmin, marylover, Management

By mystical rose
Hi to all. This is my first post, though I have been lurking for some time now and enjoyed readings your posts which is both educational and inspirational. I have been a regular backslider though I have just renew my ties with God by confessing my sins last Wednesday and by regularly praying the rosary. I pray and hope that this time my relationship with God and the Blessed Mother would flourish and grow. I hope you will pray for me too. I am tired of having an on and off relationship with Him. To experience spritual dryness if not spiritual death is one of the worst situations ever.
I chose mystical rose as my user name because it is the name of our praesidium. I belong to the Legion of Mary and have been just promoted as a regular member.
Just this afternoon( actually here in our country we are ahead in time so as of my writing it is already night of Friday the 13th) I have read one chapter of the book of Rick Warren, THe Purpose Driven Life. The first chapter is promising that I have researched Mr. Warren on the net. I found out that he is not a catholic but a baptist. So can I ask a question now as would it be okay to continue reading the book or not? Would it confuse my faith and with what I believe in right now? Thank you in advance. God bless you all!
:mrgreen:
By starbright
Welcome, mystical rose!

I'm not qualified to answer your question but I would read it bearing in mind there might be teachings in it that are not Catholic. IE read it with caution. That would be my approach.

God bless you
By Kimmyde
Hi Mystical Rose.....

Do you know that you had your first post on July 13th and that is the feast of the mystical Rose....I know this cause that is my birthday day also..................WELCOME....

Mir
Kim
By Philomena
Hello Mystical Rose, I think regarding the book by Rick Warren, I would say that if it focuses too much on self-fulfillment then you are probably better off not reading it. Our faith teaches service, self-denial and the carrying of the cross in our daily lives. The teachings of St. Therese (the little flower) and St. John of the Cross, will bring you deeper peace and true joy. Both saints are carmelites and if you recall, the Blessed Mother in Fatima held up a brown scapular during her final apparition. I don't think we can go wrong by reading the works of the Carmelite saints. The writings of the Cure of Ars is an excellent place to start also. Feel-good teachings tend to crumble with the storms and trials of life.
By mystical rose
Thank you starbright, kim, johnboy, and philomena for your warm welcome. I believe that finding this forum is of no accident and it is the Blessed Mother's doing. She lead me here to assure me that I am under her guidance and she wants me to belong to a place that praises and love God above all. I think she really also tries to seek my spiritual growth through the numerous topics in this forum which really help a lot especially during this struggling days of keeping up my relationship with God. Finally I found a forum that permeates of love, kindness and friendship eventhough there is a friendly debate going on around one of topic here. I think it is on the secrets of Medjugorje. :mrgreen:
Kim , i didn't know that the day i first posted here was the feast day of Mystical rose. What a heavenly coincidence! Belated Happy Birthday too.
Starbright and Philomena thanks for your wonderful advices. I will try your suggestion Philomena to find books about St. Therese and of St. John Cross.
God bless us all!
By Cathy B
Welcome Mystical Rose, that is such a beautiful name :)

God Bless,
Cathy B
By Holy Dymphna
Welcome! We are so happy to have you here with us. :D
By mystical rose
wow, thank you for welcoming too in this forum Cathy B and Holy Dymphna. i truly am looking forward to come here in the forum and mingle with new friends. honestly i only have few friends and i can count them in my fingers. sad to say i lost touch with most of them. one is in Canada and we only communicate through e-mails which are quiete rare to come during theses days because she is both busy as a mom and a wife with a job.
May the Good Lord fill all of us with love, hope and serenity always. Good Day! :D

Raquel
By Philomena
Welcome to you Mystical Rose! What a beautiful name you have chosen! I would love it if you could pm me with a recipe for lumpia and panzit!! My husband would just be so thrilled! It would bring back memories of our days on Guam together!! :D My best friend, when I worked in Washington DC, was Filipino and she would treat me to those delicious meals but I have since lost touch with her :( Anyway, welcome to the forum I am so glad to see the Phillipines are with us! And I am looking forward to your friendship! I know we all are!!! :)
By Moll
Welcome Welcome Mystical Rose!
By mystical rose
Thank you Mrs. Philomena and Moll for welcoming me into this friendly forum. Also Sandy thank you for welcoming . I love your graphics.