Tell us about your pilgrimage to Medjugorje and share the experiences that made it special.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

By starbright
I climbed Croagh Patrick when I was a teenager - about 14 I think - I wish I could show you the photos but back in them thar days it was film not digital - beautiful views from the top - one day I might go to the library and use the scanner and see what I can do for you if I can find the photos
By Hopper
The night before I left for Medjugorje the last thing my son Nathaniel asked me was, “Papa, are you going to see the sun spin?” So it was a tremendous blessing to be able to tell my children about this when I returned home.
You really got me with these last couple sentences John.... :cry:

Beautiful...

Hopper
By Gael
Any more for us John? :)
By Gael
I'm looking forward to it! :D

Hail Mary....
By bushbaby
Ditto!
By starbright
Thank you, John boy
By bushbaby
Such an inspiring read, John. I was just going to bed when your post arrived so I had to stay up a bit longer to read it. Every time I read another installment, I feel as if I am back in Medjugorje. Thank you for sharing so much with us.
By Gael
Thanks John, great to keep reading your experiences, you bring Medjugorje to life. :)

Hail Mary...
By puddyhuston
Thanks John beautiful!

Stella

Hail Mary...
By Tessa88
John boy,
what a wonderful trip/pilgrimage you had!
I so enjoyed reading about it.

When I went in 2000 our group stayed with Marinko and Dragica Ivankovic.
They were very near Apparition Hill, so I spent a lot of time on that special hill.

One evening when I did go to the Church for the evening service/rosary etc, I managed to get lost trying to find the path in the dark to get back to Marinko and Dragica's place. Fortuantely a taxi came along after awhile, and I was able to flag it down. :)

I also loved the peaceful walks through the fields for daily Mass. Many in my group took the taxis to go to Mass, but I enjoyed that peaceful walk and it was a great time for saying my rosary.

Unfortuantely the Risen Christ statue was not yet built when I was there.

Reading about your trip makes me yearn so much for a return to Medjugorje!
By OnASpiritualJourney2
Thank you for sharing your pilgrimage with us! :D
By poleksa
Thank you, John-boy.

I wish I was there. I miss Medj.
By starbright
Thank you, John!!