Tell us about your pilgrimage to Medjugorje and share the experiences that made it special.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

By cggirl1984
Hi everyone! I hope everyone had a great summer.
Mine has been hectic, and I did come back two weeks ago but it has just been hectic, and I didnt know what to say on here. I was exstatic about going before I left on vacation, but I guess it still wasnt my time.

I tried numerous times, but again with dillemas and persponal situations the date to take the 3 hour road trip to Medjugore kept getting pushed back. Just when I thought this was the time (my cousins husband got directions from co-workers who have been their, and another cousin has a tourist from Hungry who also gave us directions and told us about it) something yet again happened.

Than one day we finally go, we had the car and left. We get to the border, the closed minded obviously born a bigot officer tells us to turn back to Montenegro. Everything was in order, we had the right paper work for the car, and passports, but the officer felt like letting pigheaded, closeminded everything negative about him turn us back. The car plates, and our last names were the problem for the officer.

You would think that I would of been mad, but i realized that God and our blessed mother were kind of telling me it still isnt my time. That I still wasnt ready to go. I started expecting something with my visit, I was expecting an answer, I was letting my pride and temper get the best of me on most days of my vacation. At that time I realized that its better that we got turned back now, because with me going to Medjugore when I obviously wasnt completley ready would of been worse.

I know one day when I am ready spiritually, emotionally, physically and mentally that I will be there.

But that road trip didnt end in vain, we ended up stoping at a church we saw on the way up, and decided to stop by since other toruists were also going, and see what was up.
I had a talk with a priest, and helped me tons, told me that going to light some candles might also help me feel better, and they sure did. I was amazed, I lit a few candles, I had a lot of prayers so I did, and one was for a cousin in a coma, he woke up the next day! And some other prayers that I guess helped.

One was for me, help me to figure out this disease. I found a natural foods/medacine woman in Montenegro, she told me that I can do it naturally manage this disease, than I told her what the doctor told me about it being possibly caused by pills I was prescribed for optic neuitis, she told me something that I knew in my gut a long time know. Not to trust the doctor, not to take another shot or pill because she might be using me as a lab rat. What shocked her more was that the doctor told me not to do certain exercises, but those things I SHOULD be doing!

I dont remember when I had a dream, that so far has stuck with me, it was either before or after the failed Medjugore trip. I dreamt a woman with blonde hair (who I now believe is my older sister that died as a baby, since she was born with blonde hair and the age would be simmilar), told me to never even when I am weak to lose my faith. To keep praying, when I feel weak to pray harder and I will be well.

Ever since than I have been great!! I am doing the exercises the doctor told me not to do and have more energy! I havent went to get my B12 shot since now I see that it has other junk in it, and whenever I get it it always made me weak. I am eating healthy and keeping prayer as much as I can (I would feel better if it was more)

My doctor, who is supposed to be the best in the city, took a short notice 2 month vacation. I really dont want to see her. Before I left I was at her office and I overheard the convo, she misdiagnosed someone! And in a way thinking she would help me, it ended up backfiring and I have medical bills for doctors I have never seen, procedures I dont remember having done. I am sure she had good intentions, but her manners arent up their, she is kind of rude and her reputation did get the best of her.

I know what I need to do, I feel better 100% better with the organic diet, natural meds and my new growing relationship with God.

The talk with the priest helped awaken me. I cant wait till I am ready to finally go to Medjugorje, because I know when I finally go, it will be the perfect time in my life.

The entire time on vacation, I did think about my new Medjugore family, and did say prayers for all of you. I am saddened that I didnt go, and that this post isnt me talking about my time there, but I am glad because I do realize it wasnt my real time. And when the time does come, you all will be the first to know! :)

God Bless all of you and your families.
By OnASpiritualJourney2
Cggirl good news about your cousin. :D Sorry it didn't work out for you to get there, but like you've said, perhaps it wasn't the right time yet.

Praying for you and your intentions. Hail Mary ...
By cggirl1984
Hey,
thanks, so far my cousin is doing good. He made a quick recovery, people are amazed, but I'm not. I know that his recovery and everything was God protecting and healing him. That praying when I heard about the accident, and again at church did mean something.

Yeah I still am bummed about the border officer being one of the many bigots in the former beautiful Yugoslavia, that followed propoganda to hate and not God to love one another.
It does make me smile when I meet others from all areas there, and when celebs in that area speak up about how its ridiculous and they wish it can all go back and they can all get along as one again.

But the entire experience did teach me not to give up on prayer. When I feel like giving up or do give up to pray harder. To take a minute and breath before I lose my temper.
I have trust in God that everything will work out for the best, and that I will be there when God tells me it is my time because I have fully come full circle.

Praying for you aswell! God bless you