Tell us about your pilgrimage to Medjugorje and share the experiences that made it special.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

By vegan2001
Our Medjugorje Testimony
Our miraculous images on photo and we also have images on video, May 25, 1990...

John and I were married in a civil ceremony in 1984. John was not Catholic, and I was a fallen away Catholic...why we ended up in Medjugorje was truly an invitation from the Blessed Mother....April 1989 was a very difficult time in my life, my mother died and the circumstances surrounding that were awful...I couldn't seem to shake off the 'blues' and so John suggested going to church and I hadn't thought of that at all. The only church I knew was the Catholic church and John didn't really care, as long as I didn't ask him to become a Catholic. We started going to Sunday Mass occasionally in September 1989.

Around late November, I think; I heard about Medjugorje from a friend who had read an article in her local home town newspaper. It was just a matter of fact statement from my friend, but I was instantly 'transported' back in time to 3rd grade where I had been placed in the middle of the school year in Catholic school from public school. It was only a few weeks in 3rd grade Catholic school when the nun told us a story about Bernadette and Lourdes in 1858 and I was completely enthralled. I remember after the story was over that I wanted to go there desperately. I started thinking about how I could get there and I looked out the window and thought, well, I know my mother wouldn't take me there, much less believe the story (she was not Catholic) and I felt that the Blessed Mother wouldn't appear to me because she only chose one girl and I wasn't that good, and then I said, well, if that ever happens in my day, I'm going! That was the last time that I thought about that day until the moment when I heard that Our Lady was appearing in Medjugorje. I was going! Somehow, someway, I just knew I was going to Medjugorje. We watched some videos that a priest gave me (I delivered mail to a rectory on my route) and wow, I was excited. Then my husband and I read every book we could get our hands on but my husband was not open to going at all. So, I prayed the rosary on my fingers because I didn't even have a rosary. One Sunday after Mass, in January of 1990, John found a flier on a trip to Medjugorje with this church. Then he said we could go! We had four months to prepare and we just knew we had to prepare with prayer and all that Our Lady was asking for.

My prayer was for God to give John 'more than me' while we were there so we could stay happily married because I was going to go back to the Eucharist and my Catholic faith no matter what (and since I never discussed my religion with John since I hadn't thought about it in many years, he knew nothing of what the Eucharist is). My initial immediate calling when I heard about Medjugorje was to go back to the Eucharist because, you see, that belief never left me. I had just forgotten about all of it....and I had to have Jesus now. I was ready to give up everything to do that.

That first day in Medjugorje, May 25, 1990, we went to the 10 am English Mass and afterwards, the priest, Fr. Pavich, blessed all the articles and John decided to hold up his camcorder and looked at me to see what I thought...I thought right away, why not, it was like a little kid asking... I never thought about blessing a camcorder but what did I know...so it was blessed....

Our first full day there was May 25, 1990 and at 3 pm Fr. Jozo was giving a talk in the church and we went. The church was packed. And then this happened...John saw Jesus just like we see one another, full face complete, on the altar that afternoon as Fr. Jozo was giving his afternoon talk at 3 pm. Fr. Jozo said "And Jesus stands before you" and then John saw Jesus through his video camcorder ONLY. When John looked with his eyes, there was nothing, John only saw Jesus through the blessed camcorder.....I was not next to him in the church but he passed the camcorder down to me with this message but I knew then, that this was God answering my prayer, to 'give him more than me' which actually was much more for me! The video camcorder went right back to him as I said 'this is just for him', but we were left with an image in the video and on a photo. A new friend of ours from the group was taking pictures right behind John so it was perfect when we all shared our pics later....anyway, Fr. Jozo then says and "Mary stands before you" and that is when the Blessed Mother must have 'popped' in the picture but we didn't see Her till we got home when we shared our photos and video. All of us saw Jesus and Mary's IMAGE while John saw Jesus as a real live person that day....we were blessed with the images and people see them today ....it makes a dynamic picture blown up with the rosary in Fr. Jozo's hand and Jesus and Mary's images...ALSO, LOOK AT THE 'FIRE LIGHT' (Holy Spirit) COMING FROM THE LEFT OF THE PHOTO WHICH STREAMS RIGHT TO FR. JOZO AND THE ROSARY AND TO THE TABERNACLE!...

OK....look at the bouquet of flowers on the altar....look at the tall Lily and the stick of thorn to the left of the lily, and you will see in between those two , image of Jesus crucified face...now look to the right of the lily and you will see the Blessed Mother's face slightly leaning towards Her Son and on the video you can see HER gold crown and you can see it in the photo too...now that evening, our priest said we should meet and share our day with one another....well, I was so overwhelmed and just in awe about this since we could see it in the camcorder that I stayed in my room while John, very excited; the only non-Catholic went down and testified to what he saw and the image that was left and stated to the group that HE NOW KNOWS THAT JESUS IS TRULY PRESENT IN THE EUCHARIST, ....now, he did not know that at all before....so this was a real blessing for the group and especially our priest...
Miraculous photo, Medjugorje.jpg
Miraculous photo, Medjugorje.jpg (54.08 KiB) Viewed 3254 times
Many other things happened to us in Medjugorje that were enlightening and miraculous....I took care of my father in 1980, when he was sick with cancer. He told me that he was so grateful to have me taking care of him that if he could get well, he would take me on a trip around the world and I thought how sweet that was but also unusual, (and we were broke)...well, one day in Medjugorje, I realized that my father was with me because I WAS on a 'trip around the world', people from all over the world were here!....

One day during the apparition that was taking place in the church we saw the sun spin, pulsate at us, throw colors out and at one point there were 3 small clouds with three crosses going through them one at a time - and then at the end, Our Lady appeared in the sky - so incredible! We were outside praying the rosary because the Mass at that time of day is in Croatian and for the people of the village.

During the Thursday night rosary prayer meeting that Ivan group has on Apparition Hill, Our Lady came that evening and it was so quiet, one thing that happened was that I could look over at Cross Mountain and see the Cross as plain as day. It was like it was all lit up...and there is no way you should be able to see this Cross, too far away and black as night outside. I didn't reaize this at first but as I was walking down the mountain, I looked over and of course, saw nothing but night time blackness and this is when it finally registered what happened. There was no electricity on the mountains. Things like this happened to us the entire time we were there and to millions of others! It was as though you were not on the earth but experiencing somehting supernatural. Even climbing the hill was like being 'lifted' up there.

We came back home and John went to RCIA to learn about Catholicism. He became a Catholic :) and we got married in the Catholic Church one year later on miraculous day, May 25, 1991. We love daily Mass and Rosary and try to live Our Lady's 5 stones. John became a lecture and we started making the Mother Theresa rosary because I had read the story in the Catholic Digest in 1991. It has become John's exclusive ministry now, making these Mother Theresa rosaries, (over 8,140 to date) and to give them away to whomever Blessed Mother puts in our path. Many miraculous stories have come back to us through the years because of this rosary. That's another story....so many miraculous healings physically and spiritually and emotionally but 'believing is the key to the miraculous.'

*****Monthly Message, May 25, 1990 “Dear children! I invite you to decide with seriousness to live this novena. (Holy Spirit Novena) Consecrate the time to prayer and to sacrifice. I am with you and I desire to help you to grow in renunciation and mortification, that you may be able to understand the beauty of the life of people who go on giving themselves to me in special way. Dear children, God blesses you day after day and desires a change of your life. Therefore, pray that you may have the strength to change your life. Thank you for having responded to my call. ” *****
We are giving the special blessing of Our Lady of Medjugorje to everyone who reads this.....
God Bless You....