Tell us about your pilgrimage to Medjugorje and share the experiences that made it special.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

By pilgrim2medj
I have just made my second pilgrimage to Medjugorje. I knew I had to get physically fit to climb Cross Mountain this time as I found Apparition Hill hard going last year.( I have a balance problem and an old back injury) So I duly went walking in my local hills physically better prepared I arrived in Medjugorje. I woke up with very severe back ache a recurrence of the pain I used to suffer 10 years ago and had real problems all week, . Physically there should be no reason for this to re appear with such vigour. Has anyone had a spiritual attack to prevent them from fully participating in their pilgrimage ? :? :? However you all know how crowded the English mass is every time we went and I didn't get a seat I was bowled over by the love and generosity of fellow pilgrims who spontaneously gave me their seat or made room. I had made no eye contact or plea and had made my self comfrtable by a pillar. This has been my blessing this time . :D On my first pilgrimage I had many many prayerful and spiritual blessings this time I feel I have either not prepared properly or had some sort of spiritual attack. Has any one else experienced something similar?
By bluecross
When you are given the cross to share, it’s not an attack, but the greatest sign of God’s love.

Your painful experience also brought out the love and compassion from others who witnessed your discomfort and pain.

Medjugorje teaches us how to carry our cross.

With every pilgrimage we undertake, we learn a little more about ourselves and how to surrender.

Our Lady mentioned the word “acceptance” twice in her latest message to Mirjana. The difficulty for us is when we choose not to accept but instead question why we are called to endure.

The struggle up Krizevac is difficult, but we all desire to climb the mountain and go through the challenge. Yet in reality most of us have to climb Krizevac mosty days as we make our way through our life of pilgrimage.

I would consider your difficulties in Medjugorje as excellent preparation for your journey to heaven! :)
By bluecross
Men of Cyrene...

• One Friday afternoon, three men, Brian, Izzy and Inky, arrived at the foot of Mt Krizevac when they were approached by Robert, a Frenchman in a wheelchair. Communication was difficult as Robert kept pointing up to the mountain.

Izzy and Inky had never been up the mountain – this was their first pilgrimage to Medjugorje – but with the help of Brian they lifted Robert, a heavy man, out of his wheelchair and started to carry him up the steep and rocky path.

Soon they were joined by other willing helpers, Mario from Austria, Andrea from Italy, Dragan from Croatia, Jim from Ireland and Bertenauld from Reunion Island.

It was a difficult and tiring climb as each man took a turn in supporting and helping to carry Robert. Priests on the mountain came forward to bless the group. Crowds parted to make way and joined hands to offer prayer and sing praises.

Eventually, the summit was reached and Brian, Inky and Izzy lifted Robert and sat him on the altar ledge at the foot of the white, concrete cross. He turned to each of them and said: “You my Simon, you my Simon, you my Simon.”

It was a very special experience for all concerned, but particularly for Inky and Izzy, making their very first ascent up Mt Krizevac. Had they known what lay ahead they may have decided not to go to the mountain and “carry the cross”. But like Simon, they responded. This was their ‘Medjugorje’ and they learned a lot about themselves that day.

How God works in mysterious ways!
By bluecross

The way of life

• Ascending the steep and rocky trail up Mt Krizevac is as life itself, a journey never identical.

Some pilgrims walk the path to the left, some prefer the right side, some take the middle line while others choose to criss-cross the bouldered track. But no walk is ever the same or repeated.

Each trek is unique, even for those who are carried – and yet all are heading in the same direction to arrive at the same destination, alone or together, in front or behind; each in their own time.

We make our own journey but share the same desire – to reach the summit, where waiting is God’s welcoming sign of perfect love – the Cross.

Krizevac is our pilgrimage, our life, and no life is ever lived without the Cross.
By MRSTOL
Dear Members,
This discussion is very powerful and beautiful. Bluecross your are so inspirational. I always look forward to your messages. It is all true what you'll say about climbing Mount K. I have been 5 times and have yet to learn about carrying my cross in joy. My cross began 28 yrs ago today. I don't know why I have'nt learned. I hope to keep going to the BVM school in Medjugorje. Hope to go again in November 2010 if our miracle comes thru. My crosses big and small have come when I have defied God and done my own will not His will. I have been able to see that much. I have seen my life at that particular point in time each time I have climbed Mount K. I thank the BVM for giving me the opportunity to experience Medjugorje!

Love In Christ
MRSTOL
By OnASpiritualJourney2
Thank you for sharing your pilgrimage experience with us Medj-Pilgrim.

And thank you Bluecross for such a beautiful and inspiring story and reflections.
By medj_pilgrim
Thank you OASJ - you can read my Medjugorje Journey in the Pilgrimages section, and the results - such as they are - in the Conversion section.

Yes, climbing the hills can be quite a painful process, but perhaps we can use this (I tried to several times) as something to offer up - Lord, I give this journey to help ....... - then it is not only something of an exercise for us, but graces for others !

Hope this helps