Tell us about your pilgrimage to Medjugorje and share the experiences that made it special.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

By Les
I thank those who wrote the nice comments on the first part of my Journal. Below is Part II. I have pictures sprinked throughout my Journal, but have not as of yet made them small enough to pass on. Since I have returned from Medjugorje I have given away over 300 Rosaries with some amazing physical, emotional and spiritual healings. All the Rosaries were blessed by a priest and Mary at an apparition. There is not a day that goes by that I do not recall my 2008 trip especially at Consecration and it's impact on my life as you will discover in reading my account of my journey. I know that many of you experienced the same feelings, emotions and spiritual discoveries.

God bless,

Les

10:15 PM – On Cross Mountain

My luggage was at the house when I returned from church at 8:30 PM. I changed and set out for Cross Mountain about 1 ½ to 2 miles away – I went past the entrance in the dark and walked a while before turning around. I then found a small side trail that I followed up the mountain with my miners light and ran into the main trail to start the Stations.. I am alone and have cried at every Station. I have stopped to write and see all of Medjugorje below me. I am praying Father Slavko Babaric’s The Way of the Cross and it is powerful. I want to go to confession here, but I just went Wednesday and today is Friday. I thought what would I confess and Father Slavko’s introduction had me in tears and I knew what to confess.

“I confess that on many occasions I was not only far from you while you were suffering but I also have caused the heavy blows you received by my words and actions, and inflicted wounds in your heart, just as I, in the same way inflicted wounds in the hearts of my brothers and sisters.

Every time I was selfish, proud, insulting, untruthful, when I enjoyed myself at others expense or when I did not offer what I had to others, I inflicted you with wounds, Jesus and Mary, because everyone of us is your brother, your sister, your son, your child, Jesus and Mary, I repent for all the evil I have committed so that I will be able to follow you and share in your sufferings.” (Page 13 of his book)

10:30 PM – Station V

It is 10:30 PM and I am at Station V all alone on this mountain. The Stations are very emotional.

12:00 AM

The time my Dad died. I am at the top of the mountain. I have just said the Stations of a lifetime for my dad. I’m tired, exhausted and ready to go back - more on the Stations later today.

9:00 AM – June 7th – Saturday

At the last minute, I decided to take a trip with the group to Dubrovnik on the Coast – three-hour trip one way. Got up early at 5 AM. Breakfast was at 6 AM with a 6:30 AM trip to Apparition Hill. After having said the rosary with the group, I decided that three steep hills and one mountain in two days was enough even for me so I am traveling to the Coast. We ran into rain driving over. Then it was overcast and windy in Dubrovnik. We said the rosary coming over – the rest of the time I slept. After being in the army, I can catch a few winks anywhere. Father Maciej Galle, a Polish priest from Chicago, who is on tour with us said Mass in Saint Blasé Church (Beautiful but small church/chapel). Father has been a priest for one month and he was terrific. I was looking for a place for lunch but instead had two ice cream cones. The best ice cream I ever had in my life. This trip has been a nice break even though I have been touring the city alone, but over the years of travel to exotic places by myself I have gotten use to it.

More on last night – I had a harder time than expected finding the start path up Cross Mountain. I went past it, which isn’t bad when driving, but not so good if walking. At any rate, around 10 PM I saw a small path up the mountain and took it. The path merged into the Station at Station III. It was quiet except for a dog barking. The climb was tough in the dark not knowing the terrain– all boulders, but I brought good climbing gloves. Each station was very emotional. It was like a two-hour confession. Between Station XIV and XV was where Father Slavko died and there is a monument to him at that spot. It is eerie on a mountaintop all alone at Midnight. I told the Lord and Mary if anything out of the ordinary occurred; there would be a body up there in the morning because I would have the big one. I was beat, especially climbing the last third of the mountain – very steep in spots especially near the top. It did kind of play well with Jesus carrying the cross and becoming weaker and weaker just as I did as I climbed the mountain doing the Stations.

I asked my Guardian Angel to get other Angels so I could get down the mountain fast before I lost all my energy. We practically flew down the mountain as he mentally pointed out the best and fastest way to go with more than a stumble or two. I think it took maybe 25 minutes or less after an exhausting trip up.

So what did I learn –?

• It is not what you do in life, but how you live.

• Life is all about giving not taking.

• The true power of prayer is prayer itself and you can never pray too much.

• The words of Father Slavko apply to all people including me.

• If I don’t have peace in my heart, how can I bring peace to others? (This is one area that I have really developed over the last two years – peace, forgiveness and prayer. I feel that I am ready to go to the next spiritual level.)

Nothing extra-ordinary happened on the physical side and since I was the only one on the mountain that is probably good. On the spiritual side, I am closer than I thought because I am beginning to truly understand. I am having trouble getting through Masses without my eyes tearing up. Prayers from the heart make a big difference. I am sitting in the sun on a bench watching the world go by – if only all these people went to church, what a different world we would have. It has been tough to write, the bus ride too bumpy. The book is too small to write in easily in my lap and time has passed quickly today so I am spending some time in Dubrovnik catching up on a bench with a view of the sea.

While touring my third church in Dubrovnik, these words came to me:

“My churches have become museums – empty and cold - filled with those that just pass through.” (Inner Voice)

I am going to ask Father Maciej Galle for a confession today when we get back – it will be my Medjugorje confession. Dubrovnik is nice, but having toured much of Europe over the years, it is similar especially with the churches. Western Europe’s churches are very empty, the people have lost their way become too New Age, too sophisticated. Faith is humble. It is lost in this new Age of Self. I do think that the faith of the Croatian people is strong along with the strength that comes from putting God and family at the core of existence.

June 8, 2008 – 11:00 AM – E-Mail

All,

Thanks for all your e-mails. I am remembering all of you in my prayers especially Nick and Dad.

The night before last at 6:40 PM all of the prayer requests that I had were given to the Blessed Mother. I also made a complete copy of my prayer list with all of you on it and that was also given to the Blessed Mother. On Monday night I will attend an apparition. So far the trip has been right up my alley, several Masses a day and lots of prayer.

A side note the beard is really coming along good and I am into my fifth day of just drinking water.

My luggage came Friday night when I returned from church just before nine.

That is when I sprung into action to do my only crazy thing on this trip even though I was strongly warned by Carol and Kristen -not to do anything crazy. With my miner's type light on my head I hiked to Cross Mountain and began the Stations of the Cross. I did them for Dad and all the souls in Purgatory on my list to include Joan and John. The climb is very steep and rocky. I had Father Stavko's book that I had bought before I left and his Stations are very intense and lead to eyes that are not always dry. Since no one else is as crazy as me I had the mountain to myself, which is what I want. I saw no one going up or coming down. The readings for each station are five pages or so long so I read them out loud as if I was reading in church. The Stations were difficult with the rugged terrain but they were so emotional and spiritual that they were unbelievable. The Stations there, at that time - just made me feel real close to God. As I drew near the top of the mountain I was praying I would not see anything extraordinary or they would find a dead body on the mountaintop - mine.

I reach the top at midnight, the time that Dad died which I found very ironic. Since I fasted on bread and water during the day, I must admit that my energy level was near empty so I prayed that my guardian angel would bring extra support and guide me down quickly. It took me only 25 minutes to get down and then I hiked the mile and a half back and got in after one. I felt tired but great.

On Saturday, our group got up early to hike Apparition Hill, the one I climbed the first night and we had breakfast at six and left right away. Then I said to myself I better pace myself a little so I went to the beautiful city of Dubrovnik for the day and our Polish Priest said Mass at the Saint Blasé Cathedral. I got back in time to go to confession and Mass and the rosary. There is a cross here that exudes oil and I got some cloths with it.

Today we were up at 4:45 AM and climbed Cross Mountain as a group. It was very nice. I am going to Mass at 12:00 and then to the Divine Chapel 15 miles from here for Mass with the Polish Priest and the Divine Mercies Prayers. The Masses here are spectacular. It is impossible to make it through one without crying. I look forward to returning home on Thursday. So far the pilgrimage has been deeply spiritual but no sun dancing or extra-ordinary events outside of the cross. The people who come here are very prayful along with those who live here.

I especially miss Carol, the best mother and wife a person could have.

Love and God Bless,

Les
By MRSTOL
Les,
Yours is a beautiful and moving account of your trip. It was very peaceful to read. I have also been to St Blaise church for mass. Thank you for sharing.

Love in Christ,
MRSTOL