Tell us about your pilgrimage to Medjugorje and share the experiences that made it special.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

By Les
5:00 AM – June 9 – Monday – Lynn’s Birthday -Happy Birthday

I have found the place in the song “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” and it is Medjugorje. Today I was awoke by God at 4:30 AM - his inner voice is so strong here that it is like having a conversation with your dearest friend. I have just had a thirty-minute teaching on Life After Medjugorje but first let me write on love. You know the only things I truly miss here are the people in my life. My wife Carol especially – I miss talking to her, caressing her. I miss her concern for me. The last five years that I have not traveled have been like heaven to me and my love for my wife, which has always been strong, has grown in leaps and bounds. I feel the same but different love for my children and brothers and other close members of my family.

Time slows down in Medjugorje. There is not the endless cell phone calls, television, computers (at least not full time) – no, there is love and prayer. I did last evening’s rosary for Nick because I was drawn to Apparition Hill and not the television and my reward was an affirmation from Mary – the sun danced. For Nick to be healed, he needs prayer – many, many rosaries. He needs a family commitment to say the rosary for him to remove the evil influence on his life. Nick needs our prayers. I will bring home rosaries so we all can pray for Nick and others.

In addition, Mary wants me to pray more for the souls in Purgatory – for those who cannot help themselves. I thought I prayed a lot until I came here. My definition of a rosary was to say one of the mysteries each day. Yesterday I attended two full Masses, heard parts of two others, said the Stations of the Cross while climbing a mountain, said the rosary with all four mysteries, said the Divine Mercies Chaplet at the Divine Mercies Chapel, said a three mysteries rosary in the evening looking over the peaceful valley contemplating all that God has given me focusing on Jesus’ sacrifice for my sake and for all those in the world. This all happened because time is slower here. When we use our free time to pray, time slows down. When we waste our time on foolish things, it goes fast, too fast.

Peace comes through love and prayer. It is simple – It is the Medjugorje message – It is a simple mother’s thoughts on how to unravel the very complicated world we live in. Pray from the heart and you will have peace and joy. I knew I was close to a new spiritual plateau because I have been on the right track, but Medjugorje fills in the missing piece and that is to pray with a loving heart that accepts all crosses, not complaining and bear them in the name of love.

It is simple; we try to make it complex. My own intensity can be used against me - being too busy and hectic to sit on a countryside hill and watch the sky and valley – the beauty created by God in spite of the hard rocky terrain.

5:27 AM

When I came to Medjugorje and climbed Apparition Hill at 10:30 PM and stayed passed midnight, I was disappointed. I did not feel any different peace and joy than what I came with. So I thought maybe it is because I am at peace more than many other people I know due to daily morning Mass and prayer or the second option was maybe I needed to be in Mary’s school for more than a few hours. I think the answer is a combination of the two, but more of the second than the first.

6:00 AM

Here Mary teaches us God’s love for us so we can use that model to love others and then pray from a loving heart – that way the prayers have life, they are not dry, they are not just a mindless recitation of monotonous prayers. They are living! They are our hopes and dreams for others. That is the most powerful prayer – when we pray from the heart for others and not ourselves.

At Saint Mary’s and on my prayer list, it is about others. Little did I realize how many people at Saint Mary’s were praying for me. Just think, if you pray for yourself, you are just one person. If others pray for you, they are many. If I pray for those in Purgatory, they cannot help themselves. Is that not a wonderful prayer – a prayer for those who cannot help themselves? Take this one step further and pray for those who cannot help themselves here on earth, then reach out to them and live your prayer. That is Medjugorje – that is Mary’s call – Be a people of prayer, a people of love, a people of peace – then you will change the world around you.

I have been reading Mother Theresa’s “No Greater Love” – she knew what I am learning – her life parallels Mary’s Message. On that note I finally got out of bed early on a Monday morning.

12:00 PM – Sent E-mail home
All,

Time seems to move much slower here. Yesterday after climbing Cross Mountain, I was busy all day long - so busy that the climbing of Cross Mountain seemed like the day before.

One thing for sure is that I miss Carol (Mom). I think that after all those years of travel and then five years at home I am not use to not seeing her or talking to her. I hope that you guys are passing along the messages that I send.

A couple of Masses yesterday at different locations after the Stations in the morning and two complete Rosaries. Then after dinner I was tired, climbing a mountain before the sun is off the horizon will do that to you, but I felt led to Apparition Hill to prayer the Rosary especially for Nick and also for Mom's and my parents.

I ran into Mike coming off the Hill (the hill is a cross between a mountain and a hill) and he said I'll go back and wait for you at the statue of Mary where the apparitions started. So I did the Joyful and the Sorrowful Mysteries and figured I would do the Glorious after I saw Mike. It was 6:15 PM and the next apparition was at 6:40 in the seer's own home. While we just sat there after praying looking over the peaceful village, valley and mountains, Mike told me just before I came before he was leaving the hill the sun started spinning in circles and throwing off colors like a spinning wheel. Now however the clouds were hiding the sun.

Then at 7 PM, the sun broke through and started dancing in the sky. It lasted 10 - 15 minutes and then the clouds covered the sun. I could look at it without covering my eyes. People told me it was Mary's answer to my rosary. I am glad that even though I was tired I still went to pray.

Three talks today so far and Mass and I said the rosary. One of the seers is coming to speak to us this afternoon then I go Ivan Prayer Group for 10:00 PM. On Mondays Mary appears to the group at 10 PM, so it could be a long night - hopeful no rain. We have had our share of pouring rain. It is now 12:45 PM.

God Bless,

Dad

(To Be Continued)