Tell us about your pilgrimage to Medjugorje and share the experiences that made it special.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

By lamhome6
In May 2010 I made my second trip to Medjugorje with a pilgrimage group. One evening at dusk, seven of us (including 2 of my children and my sister) were making our way to Apparition Hill with the intention of climbing up. We headed through the fields for the short cut. By some mishap we missed our turn and ended at Apparition Hill later than we’ve hoped. The sun was going down and we decided it would be too dark to climb up and down Apparition Hill. We decided to pray at the (left) Blue Cross instead. Some of us knelt down on the bench directly in front of the statue of Mary while others stood behind. After a few minutes of praying together and in silence my sister exclaimed that the statue of Mary’s eyes were blinking. At that time I looked up and saw Mary slowing half opening and closing her eyes and also moving her lips as if in prayer. At the same time the rest of the group were also seeing this incredible phenomenon. This must have lasted a few minutes and in our excitement we forgot to continue our praying. It was getting darker so it seemed possible that the shadows were playing with our imagination but it was clearly visible to all seven of us that Mary was moving her lips and blinking her eyes. I still can’t understand why this sign was given to us but I feel incredibly blessed especially for my children (ages 21 and 26).
If any one has witnessed a similar event, can you please share your experience. I am still at awe at what we've seen.
Last edited by lamhome6 on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.