Tell us about your pilgrimage to Medjugorje and share the experiences that made it special.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

By walkabt9
I visited Medjugorje in June of 2000 with a group of friends. we were walking back from the cemetery behind St. James Church. We came across the statue of the Rising Christ. At first it looked kind of spooky. I then started admiring it's construction. I remember being especially drawn to the outside of the right knee and rubbing. That was the only place on the Statue that I touched. When I heard of the new about it oozing oil, I felt this warmth come all over me. I thinks about that statue every day.

I wonder if others have had the same experience as I?
By OnASpiritualJourney2
How beautiful! Looks like that was taken right before construction of the site there. I'm surprised the statue was in place before the hardscape was in place.
By CincyJohn
Yes I took the picture. Have a great picture with my 8 month old daughter right by the statue.

OnASpiritualJourney2- When the statue was donated we were still bringing clothes over for the orphans of the war, they did not landscape around the statue until years later. It is a beautiful walk from the church with the mosaics of the luminous mysteries and surrounded by the stations of the cross.
By OnASpiritualJourney2
Thank you CincyJohn. I'll bet it is very beautiful. :D

I didn't realize the statue has been there so long. It makes sense that there were more
urgent needs after the war.
The Book of Truth

Maria divine Mercy has been condemned by her bisho[…]

Once again, in her lastest newsletter (July), Sr E[…]

What price, Medjugorje?

I see the latest moneymaking event in the name of […]

So the translation seems sound. Then a bad choi[…]