Tell us about your pilgrimage to Medjugorje and share the experiences that made it special.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

By mdes
could have been better
Last edited by mdes on Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
By puddyhuston
Oh Michelle thanks so much for coming on to post, I have been wondering and worrying about you and even posted a question about where you were some weeks ago.
So sorry to read about your priest and I shall pray for him.
We know the evil one tries everything to stop people going to Medjugorje especially the first time and you are the second person to tell me a similar story about something stopping them going over to Blue Cross or Apparition Hill, about feeling sick going through the fields and having to turn back.
So sorry you went through so much but pleased you got there in the end.
Thank God also you are praying differently now, that is good, I just felt different from my very first trip different all over.
By mdes
Well I hope I haven't discouraged anyone. Things just happened the way they did, and I actually have great faith, I'm realizing that more and more.

Medjugorje is very beautiful, a peaceful place for sure. I think if you are called there, you should go. All of the gatherings for prayerful celebrations were beautiful and I enjoyed them very much...I do love to pray.

At the same time, I was challenged with some serious stuff. Not sure why at that time, but I a m trying to be patient and figure it out somehow. Please pray for me as my pilgrimage is not over...especially this one.

Love and peace to all who read this... :wink:
By DorothyM
My husband and I went to Medjugorje in 1999. An hour before we were due to leave for the airport, he went to take the B&B sign in, and fell. His arm was injured but we thought it was just bruised. We put ice on it and I packed for the two of us ... in a whale of a hurry! We made it to Medjugorje, where it rapidly turned black. One of the girls in our tour was a nurse, who said she thought it was broken, which it turned out to be. We were taken to a clinic in Mostar where they immobilized it, and for the remainder of the trip we were sort of out of the activities everyone else was into ... no going up Cross Mountain for us, for example. We were disappointed, but it was Our Lord's way of making our pilgrimage more of a sacrifice, I suppose. We went with Wayne Weible's tour, and Wayne said, when he learned of my husband's injury just before the trip, "Your hair would stand on end if you could hear some of the things that happen to people just before they come here." He believes that Satan is doing whatever he can to keep people from making the trip.

My favorite saying of the visionaries is that Mary has said, "No matter why you think you've come to Medjugorje, you've come because I called you." What a wonderful thing to think ... that Mary selected us personally.