Share your favorite photos, videos, artwork and other multimedia.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

Have you ever prayed to St Padre Pio?

Yes
80%
No
20%
By Gael
I wanted to share with you my favourite Padre Pio photos...I have begged, borrowed and shamelessly stolen them! :lol: I think my absolute favourite would be the first, (enjoying a laugh) and the seventh, (he is reading a letter with the three soldiers). Incidently the very last photo portrays what was called "the look" of Padre Pio where he looked at you and seemed to gaze into your soul. Hope you enjoy them!

Last edited by Gael on Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Gael
I forgot to say if anyone has any more photos please feel free to add them to the thread. :)
By pablovb
thanks gael,Padre Pio is so special he is so great!!

also he looks so sweet ! like I want tu hug him! :oops:
By 4HimthroughHer
Thank you Gael for posting these magnificent photos; they are simply beautiful! One can see how Holy he is! Once I had gotten to know him for myself i.e. reading about him and watching his life story, I began praying to him while preparing to go to confession... It really makes a difference!
By starbright
Gael, thank you so much. These photos are very special.

I heard about him as a teenager in the Church where I grew up. There was a little booklet about him for sale. For some reason I didn't think to buy it. Perhaps it was about the time when I left the Church. I was fascinated by his stigmata. The miraculous really spoke to me as a teenager. But I didn't find out anything more about him. My parents didn't seem to have heard of him or perhaps they had but didn't know much. Anyway, I've learnt more about him on here and in links that forum friends have sent me than from anywhere else and I want to thank you all. Thank you so much, Gael.
By Gael

More great photos at this website below....if you go to page 4 there is the photo of a very young Private Francis Forgioni aka our own Padre who was conscripted into the army, but later allowed to return home due to ill health.

http://www.padrepiodevotions.org/displayphotos.asp?pn=1
By mamamary
just beautiful gael!!!! thank you so much for these wonderful pics of 'our' little padre!

having loved him my whole life, it is a special gift to see photos of him which i've never seen before! thanks for bringing this special joy to the forum!!
By poleksa
Wow Great photos!!
I haven't seen many of them before!
Thank you Gael
By OHLisa
How awesome! You have reminded me that I have to trust in him for intercession for me and my family. I'm so glad to be a spiritual child of his! :D
By Philomena
Gael and Poleska....Stunning!!!

:D
By 4HimthroughHer
Are we not so blessed as to have the awesome privilege of these wonderful and beautiful pictures of such a Saint?
By Gael
The following photo collection is the work of an American airman Gerard Adamic who had the opportunity to visit Padre Pio during the war. It was made available by him to the Franciscan archive. http://www.franciscan-archive.org/index2.html

Padre Pio Remembered
The Gerald J. Adamic Photograph Collection of 1945

Dear Brother Alexis,

Received your letter today. I would be honored to have my photos published in the Franciscan Archive.

I was a member of a choir organized by Father George Rice of the 463rd Bomb Group at the Celone airfield outside of Foggia, Italy. Twice we went to San Giovanni Rotondo to see Padre Pio. We sang the Mass of the Angels in Latin for Padre Pio as he celebrated Mass. After Mass we went into the sacristy where we were allowed to kiss Padre Pio’s hands and receive his special blessing.

He took us into the Monastery and showed us his cell and gave us medals of the Holy Mother. Unfortunately I was involved in a roll-over accident a year ago, June, in which the wallet I had it in was lost. Also the medal I got from Pope Pius the 12th. Of the 12 or so members of our choir we only had one member get shot down in combat. He was also our soloist who sang the Ave Maria during the Mass. I have always felt God wanted him in his heavenly choir. He was blessed with a beautiful tenor voice.

Enclosed are most of the pictures I have of our visits to San Giovanni Rotondo. I regret that I didn’t take more.

Actually the first time we went there none of my photo’s turned out. The second time we went, I think in May of 1945, my photos were o.k.. Padre Pio allowed them.

May God Bless you & Padre Pio bless you!

Gerald. J. Adamic

P.S. I was a S/Sgt. in the Photo section of the 463rd Bomb Group. I was also a Public Relations photographer for that Group. I was also an aerial Photography and flew 22 missions. But was grounded because I was the only camera repair man in the Group.
463RD Bomb-Group Choir: May, 1945
“in the Choir Loft singing the Mass of the Angels in Latin for Padre Pio’s Mass. I am the person on the Left end.”

Group of Monks: May, 1945
“walking away from the Monastery toward” San Giovanni Rotondo.

Padre Pio: May, 1945
“in the hallway in front of Padre Pio’s cell, giving us Medals” of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Padre Pio at Mass: May, 1945
As he turns to say, “Dominus vobiscum”, the Stigmata on his hands are clearly visible.

Padre Pio saying Mass: May, 1945
A view from the Choir Loft. To the left of the Altar, the Image of St. John the Baptist, the patron of the Capuchine Convent is clearly visibile.

In the Sacristy: May, 1945
“Padre Pio allows the kissing of his hands. Members of the 463rd Bomb-Group and Italians” surround him.

In Mary Pyle’s Dining Room: May, 1945
“Members of the 463rd Bomb-Group choir” enjoy some coffee at her “Pink Castle”.

Padre Pio’s Father & Nieces: May, 1945
From “Left to rigt: the Count, Padre Pio’s Niece, Mary Pyle, Padre Pio’s Father, Padre Pio’s Niece”.
By Gael
A few more pics... :)

By Cathy B
Thank you so very much Gael for all the awsome photos of Padre Pio :D
I can NEVER get enough of seeing him. I would love to be able to give him a big ol bear hug. Maybe some day if I'm blessed to enter the Gates of Heaven, I can give him one. He'll be waiting for us :D :D :D

God Bless,
Cathy B
By Cathy B
Hi Poleska, Thank you also for all the wonderful photo's of our beloved Padre Pio. I have a good number of books about him & I never tire of hearing about him :D :D

God Bless,
Cathy B
By Gael
Just adding a few more pics here...shamelessly "borrowed" from this lovely website http://www.cappuccinipietrelcina.com/eng/home.asp
I think the last two pics are my favourites, but I love the ones where he is laughing with his friends! :lol: Everyone always thinks the Padre was so serious and grumpy, he really had a great sense of humour! :lol:

Last edited by Gael on Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
By LittleRed
That was awesome :D :D .....

I had missed this thread before....I am so glad I found it....just awesome!!...even if you had to beg, borrow and steal the photos Gael :lol: .....
By LittleRed
Just had to make it a sticky so I can make a repeated journey of St Pio over and over :D ......
By Gael
Thanks LittleRed...glad you enjoyed them! :D
By marylover
thanks Gael these are awesome, yes Sharon I am trying to keep all the Padre Pio postings together too.
Sharon, do you think at some point we could give Padre Pio his own thread/section on the forum so we could keep everything together?

He is just so addicting, praying to him and with him and just love to look at him. We are all so lucky to have such a special saint with us!
By OnASpiritualJourney2
I missed this one too! Thank you so much to Gael and all who posted such awesome photos of Padre Pio!
By kenneth
Thanks Gael the photo's are wonderful :D The first post you posted and the last picture of Padro Pio on that post i have it hanging up in my hall i got it on my first trip to medjugorje when i went to see Fr Jozo, Thanks Gael :D :D :D
By Gael
I'll add in the link here for a photographic tour through the Basilica and Sanctuary at Our Lady of Grace Friary in San Giovanni Rotondo as it is today...
http://www.padrepio.ie/VirtualTour.htm
By Maryschild

Thanks Gael, I missed this thread before.
These pictures are awesome!
I was wondering,
do you have a relic of Padre Pio? I hope you do,
If not, you can receive a relic of him at the
National Shrine of St. Rita in Philadelphia, Pa.

For all those interested in giving a donation
to receive a relic of St. Padre Pio

Shrine services
http://www.saintritashrine.org/services.htm

Gift Shop

Our gift shop makes available objects of devotion to Saint Rita.
E-mail us your address for a complete list.
or for information
Phone (215) 546-8333
GIFT SHOP HOURS:

Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm

Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm

Sunday: After Mass until 2:00pm

SandyImage
(Maryschild)

LORD, GIVE ME THE RIGHT WORDS-That Glory would be given to You
~~Through All I say and All I do~~ Jesus, I Trust In You!