Share your favorite photos, videos, artwork and other multimedia.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

By AnotherMe
This morning I missed Church. I got in my car and drove upstate New York just to get away from everything. I needed to clear my head. Clearly I do not know the path on which I am to go on in life, career wise, or God just wants me to humble myself and wait. So, I'm driving and driving looking at the beautiful country. Suddenly I find a Marian Shrine! I never remember hearing of this shrine. So I went and hung out there a while. They had beautiful statues of the Passions. I took photos and enjoyed myself there. Things like this make me wonder, "is she watching over me?"
This Statue of Mary was dedicated by to the Shrine back in 1959. It was built by the Italians and blessed by Pope John XXIII. It is gigantic, at least three stories high.

http://www.marianshrine.org
Attachments
Mary2.jpg
Mary2.jpg (129.24 KiB) Viewed 14646 times
By athenacp
Beautiful:)
By marylover
Wow, they are so beautiful. Our lady must have brought you here. Love the replica of Fatima and the one of Mary, the rosaries in her hand are so beautiful.

I may mapquest and take a trip.
By AnotherMe
You're all welcome. I am glad you like them. I wondered if Our Lady brought me there too. I did not go to church because I was angry that my life was not changing the way I thought it should be. And then I came across this Shrine.
By marylover
I too was restless this weekend, went for a long ride and ended up at Mount St Mary's grotto- replica of Lourdes.

Feel free to pm me with name of shrine.
By AnotherMe
marylover wrote:I too was restless this weekend, went for a long ride and ended up at Mount St Mary's grotto- replica of Lourdes.

Feel free to pm me with name of shrine.
Wow! Did you find the shrine by accident like I did or did you know it was there? I will PM you.
By marylover
Knew it was there. Sometimes I take a trip to other churches as well.
By Gael
It looks beautiful, a good place to pray, and now you know its there you can return anytime! Thank you for the photos they are lovely. :)
By NancyD
Magnificent photos! Thank you for sharing these. They are the most beautiful statues I've seen. I wish they would clean Mary's statue....

It was no accident that you found the shrine. You were guided there. We never know what it is that we are "meant" to do or be in life. I am positive Sean never dreamed to be the catalyst of Divine Inspirations...that his conversion would the way to thousands of others.

Don't despair about career, or what you "should" be doing. Be brave and do different things. Let your heart and talents guide you. Pray on it,and remember nothing is permanent. We are meant to explore and do what what feels right.
My best,
Nancyd
By AnotherMe
NancyD wrote:Magnificent photos! Thank you for sharing these. They are the most beautiful statues I've seen. I wish they would clean Mary's statue....

It was no accident that you found the shrine. You were guided there. We never know what it is that we are "meant" to do or be in life. I am positive Sean never dreamed to be the catalyst of Divine Inspirations...that his conversion would the way to thousands of others.

Don't despair about career, or what you "should" be doing. Be brave and do different things. Let your heart and talents guide you. Pray on it,and remember nothing is permanent. We are meant to explore and do what what feels right.
My best,
Nancyd
Thank you NancyD!