Our Lady asks us to fast, especially on Wednesdays and Fridays.

Moderators: Andy08, mamamary

By Andy08
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jelena's quote about prayer and fasting are essential for noticing heaven around us is true. I believe this with all my heart.

I returned to church slowly in June or July of 08. I went alone but prayed and fasted hoping my family would join me. Now we all attend, my son "Wondrous Dream" John made his communion encouraged by a dream that seemed to come from heaven. This is a miracle to me. The fact that my wife and teenage children are attending church is nothing short of a miracle and many rosarys prayed for this outcome.

More recently, my brother-in-law who my wife deeply loves (her big brother) was diagnosed with lung cancer and the news was poor. Death in 6 months usually with his diagnosis. And her friend at work was diagnosed with breast cancer. I began to fast and pray for them quietly. Yesterday, my brother-in-law was told they had been mistaken. He'll need surgery but he should live a long healthy life. My wifes friend's prognosis has changed to a more optomistic one. Ask and the door will be open. A day with only bread and water is a small price to pay to encounter heaven.

I don't know if this should go in the prayers answered thread, but I feel it was just as much about the fasting as the prayer. It's clear to me just how powerful the combination of the two devotions are. Thanks for listening.
By MitchforMary
Very true Andy,,,thanx for the post!
By OnASpiritualJourney2
Andy your whole conversion process has been such an inspiration to me! It's absolutely wonderful how you have embraced fully the messages of the Blessed Mother and are seeing all the good fruits of your labor. Thank you so much for sharing with us. :D
By Andy08
Spirit,

No, please let me thank you and the forum members for giving me a place to share this journey and these incredible experiences. It is a great gift to have access to such respectful people who clearly love their faith. And are so supportive.

Sharing with you has benefited me more than you can ever imagine. This forum is an important component of my path and I feel blessed that I found it and you all.

thanks again and God Bless
andy
By OnASpiritualJourney2
It's an important part of my journey as well. I learn so much from you and everyone who shares here. I also feel very blessed to have found this forum and all of you.
By Andy08
Here I am again, up at 430AM on Thursday. When I roll over to go back to sleep an inner voice says, "You are invited to get up and pray for the world." So here I am going to pray for the next hour or so for the world. The thing about it is, I am never tired on these early morning days.
By OnASpiritualJourney2
:D Good morning Andy! I've been praying this morning as well. I can't get the children of Darfur out of my mind. So many are suffering ...