Our Lady asks us to fast, especially on Wednesdays and Fridays.

Moderators: Andy08, mamamary

Is here someone who have a simple recipe on a gluten/soy/milkfree irish soda bread?I have looking on the internett, but often very mutch ingrediens...thankyou :D
Here's one - http://glutenfreecooking.about.com/od/g ... abread.htm

And another - http://www.livingwithout.com/recipes/gl ... 916-1.html

You can substitute rice milk or almond milk for the buttermilk and use gluten free flour. I've never made
this, so this is only from searching - no guarantees on the outcome. Let us know if it's good! :D
Thanks so mutch:) and now i have found a recipe with almond flour. I have also tuesday done soda bread with white glutenfree flour, amaranth flour, sun seeds and raisins. It taste so good:D as milk i use eggs and lemon, or coconut milk and lemon insted of applecider vinagar.Now im trying almond flour vs white glutenfree flour and sunseed. Insted of sugar i use honney. Honney, almonds and amaranth is namened in the bible...here is the resipe i found
Grain Free Irish Soda Bread

Adapted from Gluten Free Irish Soda Bread from Elana’s Pantry

Ingredients

2 ¾ cups blanched almond flour ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda ½ cup raisins (or chopped dates, apricots, figs, etc) 2 eggs 2 tablespoons raw orange blossom honey 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar generous pinch of caraway seeds

Instructions

In a large bowl combine almond flour, salt, baking soda and raisina.

In a smaller bowl combine eggs, honey and apple cider vinegar.

Mix wet ingredients into dry.

Form dough into a large, flat circle that is roughly 7 inches across and 1 ½ inches tall.

Using a serrated knife, score top of dough about an inch deep in shape of a cross.

Sprinkle top of bread with caraway seeds.

Bake at 350° for 20 minutes, then turn off oven and leave bread in the oven for 10 more minutes.

Cool bread for ½ hour then slice and serve
Norway and sweden use something like xanskan gum to glutenfree, its for to hold the bread together...

Amaranth in the bible:
"The crown was among the Romans and Greeks a symbol of victory and reward. The crown or wreath worn by the victors in the Olympic games was made of leaves of the wild olive; in the Pythian games, of laurel; in the Nemean games, of parsley; and in the Isthmian games, of the pine. The Romans bestowed the "civic crown" on him who saved the life of a citizen. It was made of the leaves of the oak. In opposition to all these fading crowns the apostles speak of the incorruptible crown, the crown of life (James 1:12; Revelation 2:10) "that fadeth not away" (1 Peter 5:4, Gr. amarantinos; comp. 1:4). Probably the word "amaranth" was applied to flowers we call "everlasting," the "immortal amaranth."
James 1:12 Trial and Temptation :Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him
Revelation 2:10:
Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.