Our Lady asks us to fast, especially on Wednesdays and Fridays.

Moderators: Andy08, mamamary

By devotedtost.joseph
I do drink 1-2 cups of coffee per day and finding it hard to give it up. I think I have to do it slowly. Does anyone else slip a cup of coffee during fast days.
I'm also starting as an 18 hour fast building up to 24. Has anyone else done this?
By Light
devotedtost.joseph

I was told that Mary wants us to fast on bread and water only, but I think it a good strategy to build up to a full 24 hour fast; i think most here recommend it.

Fasting 18 hr rather than 24 is a good method, so you can extend the fast to a full 24 hrs, without getting too discouraged. Sometimes we have little option but to fast only 18 hrs (or less); once a month our All night Vigil of Eucharistic Adoration, commences on Friday nights.

God Bless
By Andy08
The goal if you are healthy is bread and water. I too love coffee. It was hard giving it up in the mornings, but now if I have coffee I do not consider it a fast. I can be very comfortable just having coffee all day, but take it a way and I know I'm fasting because it is difficult. Do what you Itcan; It's all good. But as Our Lady says bread and water is the best fast.