Our Lady asks us to fast, especially on Wednesdays and Fridays.

Moderators: Andy08, mamamary

By AnotherMe
It's amazing how a day can start out so wrong before a fast is started. It's amazing how that happens. I'm not even going to attempt to fast because this morning was nothing but arguing and yelling! I wonder if there is something defeating be behind the scenes.
By athenacp
Don't give up AnotherMe, I, too, have started many many days on the wrong foot...give it up for the Holy Souls, I keep forgetting to do that, but when I do things do get better:)
By flsongbird
When this happens to me, sometimes I choose another day to fast. To this day I struggle with the bread and water fast, even though I've been to Medjugorje and believe everything that is happening there. Some days I turn the bread and water fast into a traditional Catholic fast instead. One full meatless meal with two smaller snacks that don't add up to another entire meal. Praying for you anotherme!
By leo daly
If you get off to a bad start, maybe just replace dinner with bread and water. The visionaries have said you can start with replacing one meal a day. Remember, a Marathon runner doesn't do 42km on their first run
Cheers
Leo.