Share your favorite prayers and your most cherished means of connecting with God, including prayers that you wrote.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

By maryannlucy
Are you familiar with this prayer? I attended a healing Mass last Feb. and this prayer was given out. It is powerful! I have been looking for a missing book in my home for the last several days enlisting the intercession of Saint Anthony and looking under furniture, beds, car, etc... and as I was going about my day I happened to see this prayer and decided to say it. Within 10 seconds as I was looking further through a stack of paper for a different item, I found the book! I'm always amazed and humbled when these events happen the way they do.
Here is the prayer which optimally should be said while holding a crucifix

'Lord Jesus, I come before You, just as I am. I am sorry for my sins, I repent of my sins, please forgive me. In Your Name, I forgive all others for what they have done against me. I renounce satan, the evil spirits and all their works. I give You my entire self, Lord Jesus, now and forever. I invite You into my life, Lord Jesus. I accept You as my Lord, God and Saviour. Heal me, change me, strengthen me in body, soul and spirit.
Come Lord Jesus, cover me with Your Precious Blood, and fill me with Your Holy Spirit. I Love You, Lord Jesus. I Praise You, Jesus. I Thank You, Jesus. I shall follow You every day of my life. Amen.
Mary my mother, Queen of Peace, all the Angels and Saints, please help me. Amen.'
.JMJ
Hi MaryAnnLucy!

I am glad that you post this Awesome prayer. A few years back, I received Fr. Rookey's
website in an email from one of our forum members, and the Miracle prayer was on a
video with Fr. Rookey praying the prayer, I can still hear his voice praying the Miracle prayer.

His website is: http://www.servite.org/about/internatio ... istry.aspx

When he was alive, we were able to call him on the phone, leave a prayer request,
and he would return our call and mention our prayer request and say a special prayer
for the caller.

I am so glad that your prayer was answered.
I am going to make a copy of the Miracle Prayer because my copy is in one of my prayer
books, I want to make copies and share the prayer with friends.
Thanks again for posting this special prayer.

Sandy
Yes, Father Rookey had a special charism in his ministry! The prayer has several elements that even mirror the Our Father....asking forgiveness of sins, forgiving other people's sins against you, renouncing evil spirits, asking Jesus to cover us with His precious Blood in His Name I love your graphics in your posts!
By MRSTOL
Dear All,

My husband and I made a day pilgrimage to Chicago in August 2015 (or 2016) for the feast of Our Lady's Assumption. I called Fr. Rookeys prayer line and he answered. I asked him to pray for my son. He said that he would. I then asked him if he ever met with pilgrims. He answered yes. I asked to see him. He directed me to call his secretary to set and appointment. We were told that Fr. Rookey limited his visitation since he was now in his 90'2 and frail. We met him on the day of the feast. He prayed with us the Devine Mercy Chaplet at exactly 3 pm. My husband said a decade of the chant. A miracle in itself since he is not a Catholic and never said the prayer out loud but Fr. Rookey insisted he lead. Fr. Rookey heard my confession on that Saturday. He listened to my motherly lament. He blessed us and our religious objects and prayer cards. We promised to return. His aide gave us a ride to the airport that afternoon and promised to keep in touch. She called us two weeks later in September to inform us that Fr. Rookey had passed away in his sleep.

We felt very honored to have met and prayed with him in addition to be one of the last pilgrims to have an audience with him. He looked just like his pictures. I still pray to him for my miracle for my son.

Love In Christ,

MRSTOL
Thank you for writing about your meaningful encounter with Father Rookey. It seems like our days are filled with realizations that God is near to us in our struggles. If we had to count the times when God reached out to us through other people, especially holy people like priests we wouldn't even begin to number all the graces that we are given through them.