Let everyone know about upcoming Marian and religious events.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

We should say "re-consecration," since this great nation has been consecrated since its very start.

At Critical Time In Nation's History Comes New Consecration And Alleged Message

TAKEN FROM: see below

http://www.spiritdaily.org/Quickhive%20 ... andola.htm

This weekend, November 11, at noon EST, the papal nuncio to the U.S., Archbishop Pietro Sambi, will be officiating a Mass for the renewal of the country’s consecration to Our Lady as the Immaculate Conception (at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington).

We should say "re-consecration," since this great nation has been consecrated since its very start.

Although few know it, Columbus and his crew sang the Salve Regina on the way over from Europe and there was a Mass here -- in fact, a thanksgiving Mass -- long before Plymouth Rock (in St. Augustine).

It is time for us to realize this and at this late hour extend it urgently.

Most Reverend John Carroll, of Baltimore, America's first Roman Catholic bishop, consecrated the newly-created nation under the protection of the Blessed Virgin Mary with the title of the Immaculate Conception in 1792 and decades later Pope Pius IX formalized Carroll's acclamation -- proclaiming the Immaculate Conception as the patroness of the United States in 1847.

On May 13, 1846, the bishops unanimously chose Mary, under the title of Immaculate Conception, as the patroness of the U.S.

Such was reaffirmed in 1959 when the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception was dedicated in Washington -- where so much prayer is now necessary.

These consecrations are not just symbols, and the timing is no coincidence.

It was following the consecration of the world to Mary by the great John Paul II that Communism fell so suddenly in Europe, and as the World Apostolate of Fatima (which is largely coordinating the re-consecration) points out, when the bubonic plague was rampant in Marseille, France, during the 1720s, the Archbishop consecrated that city to the Sacred Heart to end the plague and it did without any apparent medical remedy.

These are not rituals. They are actions. Heaven awaits them.

The Armistice ending World War I was signed after a consecration by the Primate of England on November 11, 1918 -- the same day which the papal nuncio has now chosen to officiate the Mass for the U.S.

Meanwhile Portugal was Consecrated to the Immaculate Heart of Mary before World War II and was protected from that conflict.

Now, in our time, is the threat of war and terrorism -- as well as natural events. Let us all join in on this consecration.

Love and Peace,
Sandy (Marychild) :D

By Norman
What is the best way to take part in this, Sandy?
By dianne7144
Hi Sandy,

Is there a particular prayer that we should say? I would like to take part in this. I noticed that it will air on EWTN. I set my DVR to record it.

Dianne
By Maryschild
Consecration prayers are wonderful to pray

MANY MORE PRAYERS AND THESE PRAYERS ARE FROM, SITE BELOW:

http://www.2heartsnetwork.org/america.htm

Scroll down on this page for prayers we can pray...........

The United States of America
Consecration to Our Patroness

Consecration of America for U.S.Catholic BISHOPS Meeting

Immaculate Mary, most Holy Mother of God and of Our Lord and Savior Jesus
Christ, we the people of the United States of America at this historic
moment stand before you in a humbled condition of love, loyalty, affection,
and thankfulness. To your Immaculate Heart we recommit and dedicate
ourselves throughout the entire American nation. To your Son Jesus Christ we
pledge to serve His teaching, His church, and to work for His kingdom on
earth. O Mary, to you do we flee for protection. Surround the American
family with your maternal care; enfold us in your arms. Give to this
American land, built on the blood and tears of so many faithful forebears, a
peaceful and praiseworthy existence in truth, love, justice, and freedom. O
Mary, we submit to you as the Patroness of our beloved country. O Mary, Help
of Christians, enfold the Holy Father and the Catholic Church within your
protective cloak; be our shield in the days ahead. Give to the Church true
holiness and freedom. Obtain for our leaders holy zeal, the ability to face
the truth, and the courage to correct all abuses. Stop the flood of atheism,
greed, heresy, impurity, lukewarmness, materialism, and selfishness that
threaten our nation. Show to those who have strayed from the Church the way
to Our Lord Jesus Christ. Mother of God, accept our personal consecration to
you and, through you, bind us forever to the Holy Trinity. Gather us all
into your Immaculate Heart and unite us forever with Jesus.
O Mary, we love you. Amen.

An Act of Consecration for the U.S.

Most Holy Trinity: Our Father in heaven, Who chose Mary as the fairest of Your daughters; Holy Spirit, Who chose Mary as Your spouse; God the Son, Who chose Mary as Your mother; in union with Mary, we adore Your majesty and acknowledge Your supreme eternal dominion and authority.
Most Holy Trinity, we put the United States of America into the hands of Mary Immaculate in order that she may present the country to You. Through her we wish to thank You for the great resources of this land and for the freedom which has been its heritage. Through the intercession of Mary, have mercy on the Catholic Church in America. Grant us peace. Have mercy on our President and all the officers of our government. Grant us a fruitful economy born of justice and charity. Have mercy on capital and industry and labor. Protect the family life of the nation. Guard the innocence of our children. Grant the precious gift of many religious vocations. Through the intercession of our Mother Mary, have mercy on the sick, the poor, the tempted, sinners--on all who are in need.
Mary, Immaculate Virgin, Our Mother, Patroness of our land, we praise you and honor you and give ourselves to you. Protect us from every harm. Pray for us, that acting always according to you will and the Will of your Divine Son, Jesus, we may live and die pleasing to God. Amen.

God our Father, Giver of life, we entrust the United States of America to Your loving care. You are the rock on which this nation was founded. You alone are the true source of our cherished rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
Reclaim this land for Your glory and dwell among Your people. Send Your Spirit to touch the hearts of our nation's leaders. Open their minds to the great worth of human life and the responsibilities that accompany human freedom. Remind Your people that true happiness is rooted in seeking and doing Your Holy Will.
Through the intercession of Mary Immaculate, Patroness of our land, grant us the courage to reject the "culture of death." Lead us into this new millenium of life. We ask this through Christ, Our Lord. Amen.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VERY GOOD PRAYERS THAT WE TOO, CAN PRAY:
Taken form site above W/others prayers

PRAYER FOR AMERICA

God of our Fathers, Shepherd of Thy people, Lord of free men's souls,
bless Thou our nation with a valiant, Godly spirit, with a vision to see, with the courage to try,
with the power to achieve, that, marching behind Thee, Thy people shall not perish.
God, bless our America! Hear our prayer for our united peoples, grant guidance to our leaders,
protection to our sons, and teach each of us Thy way of life in good will and peace. Amen.

~~by Cardinal Francis Spellman

PRAYER FOR THE NATION

Almighty God, You have given us this good land for our heritage. We humbly ask You that we may always prove ourselves a people mindful of Your favor and glad to do Your will. Bless our land with honorable endeavor, sound learning and pure manners. Save us from violence, discord, and confusion, from pride and arrogance, and from every evil way. Defend our liberties and fashion into one united people the multitude brought here out of many nations and tongues. Endow with the Spirit of wisdom those to whom in Your Name we entrust the authority of government, that there may be justice and peace at home, and that through obedience to Your law we may show forth Your praise among the nations on earth. In time of prosperity fill our hearts with thankfulness, and in the day of trouble do not allow our trust in You to fail. Amen.

~~ by Thomas Jefferson, taken from "Prayers for Today," published by Leaflet Missal Co.

THE TOUCH OF GOD UPON OUR NATION:

Most Precious Lord Jesus, Gentle And Wonderful God, Truly Awesome And Ever-present Holy Spirit, I love You, Lord Jesus. Please bless this nation in which I live. Please pour out Your Spirit upon this nation's people and upon its leaders. Our nation has had times of trial and times of blessing. At this moment, we are facing grave dangers and trials we have not seen in generations. Because of this dark hour in our nation's history, I seek Your Touch upon this nation and its citizens. Touch the heart of every man, woman, and child who lives within our borders. O Lord, open our heart to You and to Your Love. O Lord, open our heart to You and to Your Will for our people. Protect us from the looming darkness that threatens us. Protect us from the evil that lurks about both from within and from without. Protect our people. Protect our leaders. Inspire in all of us, the desire to do Your Will and only Your Will. Keep us on our knees before Your Cross. May Your Touch open the floodgates of our creative spirit, our imagination, our inventiveness, our growth, and our unlimited hope for the future. Inspire in us a heart to turn from every corruption. Inspire in us a heart to turn from every temptation. Inspire in us a heart to do and live only Your Will each day. All these things I humbly pray in the Name of my most Blessed Lord Jesus Christ, my Mighty God, and my Ever-present Holy Spirit upon Whom I can rely. Amen.

also EWTN will have coverage :D 8)
The Immaculate Conception
November 11, 2006
Watch us LIVE at 12:00 Noon Eastern Time, with Encore presentation
at 7:00 PM on

I hope this helps,
Sandy :)

By Norman
Thanks Sandy, I'll add those prayers to my day! It would be neat if someone with the gift for words could compose a prayer for the forum, too. This place has crept into my mind the last few days while praying. It seems natural to say a prayer for the forum and all of the people here. :)
Last edited by Norman on Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By dianne7144
Thanks Sandy,

I will try and tune in and join in with the prayers.

Dianne
By Spera
My daughters and I were able to be present there at the Shrine on Saturday for the consecration. It is a beautiful place.