Make requests for prayers here, and pray for our brothers and sisters who have posted requests. "Pray, pray, pray!"

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

By stunnedbyit
Recent events in my life have forced me to face up to the fact that I most probably have something called Avoidant Personality Disorder.

What is avoidant personality disorder?

Avoidant personality disorder is a life-long pattern of extreme social anxiety and shyness. Sufferers experience persistent feelings of inadequacy, lack of self-confidence, inferiority and lack of self-worth and have a tense and anxious demeanour. They tend to be incredibly sensitive - particularly to rejection - and consider themselves to be incapable of relating to others and being socially successful.
http://www.counselling-directory.org.uk/avoidant.html

I am not too sure where I go from here. I may have to see a Doctor and look into being referred to a psychologist. I have studied this condition extensively, and I exhibit all of the symptoms.

I ask for your prayers and forgiveness. Many of the pathetic things I have posted on this forum have probably been heavily influenced by this disorder and hope you can forgive me.

May you all be given Divine help with your own Crosses.

SBI
By athenacp
Praying for you!
By beloved
I will keep you in my prayers
By marylover
Will remember you in my prayers tonight.
By Maryh
Well, I certainly have nothing to forgive you for Stunnedbyit
You've often asked things I was already also thinking. Pathetic or not, rightly or wrongly I thought or experienced similar things & related to
what you were saying.

Hope you find a good counsellor & advocate if that's what your looking for.
Something I was told once by a great priest was that if your finding it hard to trust people, it's because you don't feel
loved.
I agree this is true. Now I know to go looking for love from God.

Good friends can surely be hard to find. There are not too many people I feel I can totally trust & completely be myself with & at ease around either.
Just the way it is. So your not alone on that front.

Will be praying for you.
Attachments
28e58affd0ba28667a5147ba4185da36.jpg
28e58affd0ba28667a5147ba4185da36.jpg (69.94 KiB) Viewed 5011 times