Make requests for prayers here, and pray for our brothers and sisters who have posted requests. "Pray, pray, pray!"

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

By alexjd_20
hi im new to this board and i came across from this chatroom while is at spiritdaily.com.....well the reason why im writing this message is because im confused about praying and praying from the heart...if god notices that your not sincere about what your praying about does that mean he wont listen to your prayers??...how do you pray from the heart...whats the difference?...
By Pippy
Alex...when you pray from the heart you will feel joy and peace...you will just feel it! It will be apart of you and actually, when you pray out of sorrow as well, you will just feel it. It's an emotional thing. It doesn't mean you will cry though usually people do. The prayers done out of lip service are those you don't put much time or thought into. You could be praying and it would be like you were talking about the weather with someone. There is no feeling nor true connection to God. You will know the difference. One can say the Rosary with true emotion(from the heart) and just feel the love while saying it! When saying prayers sometimes it is very hard to connect with God because ole hairy legs(the evil one) will try to make you not pray but with determination keep on...I believe those are powerful prayers even though they may not feel like it because you are trying very hard to overcome not praying. And God listens to ALL prayers! And Alex, welcome aboard to the forum!!!! :D :D Feel free to ask away! I know there will be others who will answer your questions too...many good people reside on this forum...all knowledgable! Pippy
By alexjd_20
thanks pippy for the reply...so what your saying is that i dont have to always say my prays while im praying i could say it in my mind and heart also??...
By Pippy
Yes, Alex...that is okay to silently pray for prayers!! :D St. Pio and Our Dear Sweet Late Pope John Paul 2 would say countless Rosaries all day long...and I am sure many of them were done silently while infront of people! :D When in public it is not easy to say prayers out loud and so I always say silent ones! Prayers from the heart can be silent or vocal! Pip
By alexjd_20
Thanks again pippy...i think i know what you mean now....
By Pippy
Alex, that is wonderful!!!! From my heart to your's....go going!! I am going to say a thankgiving prayer for you to Jesus tonight when I pray! Pippy