Our Lady asks us to fast, especially on Wednesdays and Fridays.

Moderators: Andy08, mamamary

By OnASpiritualJourney2
Here's a link to a Fox News piece about how reducing food intake can improve memory function. Make sure when you're trying out for Jeopardy that it's a Wednesday or Friday! :lol:

http://www.yahoo.com/?r922=1215468399

Just an added benefit!

Checked to see if the above link works - it just takes you to Yahoo News. You have to click on the article about eating less boosting memory. Can't get the link for the actual video to copy.
By starbright
Unfortunately it took me to Yahoo UK and Ireland - and that story wasn't there. I tried world news and oddly enough but couldn't find the story. Never mind
By OnASpiritualJourney2
Sorry Starbright. I don't have any other way to list it here as it's a video and I can't copy the actual site of the video - not sure why, but I can't. You may be able to google Fox News and search for eating less increases memory or something like that.

But basically the gist of the story was that when we eat less we have better memory retention. By reducing our calories - to say 2000 calories a day - we increase our brain function for memory. They were suggesting a 30 percent reduction in calories, but cautioned that if you're already at 2000 or below, not to reduce it further.
By marylover
thanks Spirit. I better really cut my calories in 1/2!!
By starbright
Thanks, Spirit, that's interesting.