Discuss various subjects, including Church topics and world events, through the lens of Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By Gael
Daily Rosary and Mass from the Friary

You can watch the Rosary at www.teleradiopadrepio.it by clicking the word GUARDA (Look) on the orange box. If you ZOOM to FULL SCREEN, it will fill your screen. OR you can listen to the Rosary on internet radio by clicking the ASCOLTA (Listen) on the green box.
Here again are the times: The Evening Rosary LIVE at 2:45 p.m. ES time. (It is 8:45 in the evening in San Giovanni Rotondo.) NOTE: The Evening Rosary is repeated at 6:30 p.m. ES time. Remember, this is an ENCORE of what took place earlier.

There is also The Mass, LIVE, in the crypt of Padre Pio at 1:30 a.m. ES . You'll see the priest enter the crypt. . Sometimes the crypt is filled with people, sometimes there are not so many. It depends on many things, including weather, and the pilgrimage season, during which it is very crowded.

Also bear in mind that like regular, commercial TV, once in a while there are times when the scheduled Rosary is pre-empted for some reason, (it is always said every day at other hours in the new church). On Fridays, during LENT, for instance, instead of the Rosary they have the STATIONS-- in Italian, of course, but still easy to follow as they move from Station to Station.

Watch the Pope's visit live June 21st!!
http://www.zenit.org/article-26019?l=english

Program Released for Pope's Trip to Padre Pio Tomb

ROME, MAY 28, 2009 (Zenit.org).- The Capuchins of San Giovanni Rotondo have announced the schedule for Benedict XVI's June 21 trip to the tomb of St. Pio of Pietrelcina, popularly known as Padre Pio.

The Pope will arrive that Sunday by helicopter at 9:15 a.m., and take the popemobile through the city until arriving to the Our Lady of Grace Sanctuary.

There, representatives of the community of Capuchin Friars Minor will welcome him, and he will have a time of adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. The Holy Father will also visit the first cell of the monastery, where Padre Pio died in 1968.

Then, the Pontiff will go to the crypt to pray before the tomb of the saint. There he will be accompanied only by Capuchins. He will light two candles before the tomb, symbolizing his apostolic visit and that of Pope John Paul II.

Benedict XVI will vest for Mass in the sacristy there and be transferred by popemobile to the Plaza of the Church of San Pio de Pietrelcina, where he will preside over a 10:15 Eucharistic celebration. After Mass, he will pray the midday Angelus in the same place.

At 4:45 p.m., the Holy Father will meet with directors, employees and patients of the hospital established by Padre Pio, the Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza the "Home to Relieve Suffering."

Afterward, the Pope will return to the Church of San Pio de Pietrelcina, where he will meet with priests, religious and youth.

The Pontiff will return to Rome by helicopter, arriving to the Vatican at 7:30.

Padre Pio was canonized in 2002 by Pope John Paul II.
Last edited by Gael on Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By mamamary
oh how exciting to be able to watch our holy father visit padre pio's tomb!!!

how i would love to make that visit before his remains are reinterred.... :D
Daily Rosary and Mass from the Friary

You can watch the Rosary at www.teleradiopadrepio.it by clicking the word GUARDA (Look) on the orange box. If you ZOOM to FULL SCREEN, it will fill your screen. OR you can listen to the Rosary on internet radio by clicking the ASCOLTA (Listen) on the green box.
Here again are the times: The Evening Rosary LIVE at 2:45 p.m. ES time. (It is 8:45 in the evening in San Giovanni Rotondo.) NOTE: The Evening Rosary is repeated at 6:30 p.m. ES time. Remember, this is an ENCORE of what took place earlier.

Gael,

What wonderful news! Thank you for posting this Rosary site with the
schedules of the Rosary and for the schedule for the Masses.
Also, for posting the 'Program Released for the Pope's Trip to Padre Pio
Tomb.' I am going to make a copy of all the schedules for myself.

I can't wait to tune in for the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.
I agree with mamamary, it is so exciting to be able to watch our holy
father visit padre pio's tomb!!!

Peace and Love
Sandy Image
(Maryschild)

LORD, GIVE ME THE RIGHT WORDS-That Glory would be given to You
~~Through All I say and All I do~~ Jesus, I Trust In You!...Hail Mary!
By LittleRed
How about I put this on as a sticky for now.....
By OnASpiritualJourney2
Gael you've shared another treasure with us - thank you!!! :D
By Gael
mamamary wrote:oh how exciting to be able to watch our holy father visit padre pio's tomb!!!

I too would have loved to be able to make that visit, especially this year when his remains are on display....I doubt very much I will be able to go this year, so when I discovered this web cam and clicked on it, immediately I felt like I was there...it was a lovely clear picture of St Pio's tomb. I felt suddenly as if he was saying to me, "dont worry about coming to me, I will come to you!" :D

Don't forget that the times for the Popes visit are all local times....as far as I know Italy is 1 hour ahead of Ireland and the UK, but I will let someone else do the maths to work out when exactly that would be in US time! :lol:
By Gael
From St Pio to you.....

"Never think...that physical distance can separate the souls which God has united with the ties of his love."

"I belong entirely to everyone. Everyone can say "Padre Pio is mine." I deeply love [all humanity]. I love my spiritual children as much as my own soul and even more. I have regenerated them to Jesus through suffering and love. I can forget myself but not my spiritual children. Indeed I can assure you that when the Lord calls me, I will say to Him: "Lord, I will stand at the gates of Heaven until I see all my spiritual children have entered.""
By Gael
Live pics online now!!!

Pope: a life of prayer and charity like Padre Pio, against activism and secularisation

Benedict XVI visits San Giovanni Rotondo and proposes the characteristics of the Saint from Pietrelcina to capuchin monks, Padre Pio spiritual groups and all faithful. The Pope prays before the body of the saint.

San Giovanni Rotondo (AsiaNews) – “Simplicity”, humility and having been “seized by Christ”, the characteristics of Padre Pio, part of the inheritance he left his brother capuchins, the prayer groups inspired by him and all Christians, to combat secularism and activism: this was the pope's message during his pastoral visit to the Sanctuary of Our Lady of the Graces, in San Giovanni Rotondo, the final resting place of the bodily remains of Padre Pio, who was canonized in 2002. At the beginning of the Year for Priests, Benedict XVI has launched another model for all priests showing to all the example of the friar from Pietrelcina: "A simple man of humble origins, 'seized by Christ' (Phil 3:12) ... to make of him an elected instrument of the perennial power of his Cross: the power of love for souls, forgiveness and reconciliation, spiritual fatherhood, effective solidarity with the suffering. The stigmata, that marked his body, closely united him to the Crucified and Risen Christ ".

From the Vatican, the pontiff travelled by plane to the sanctuary. Before the Eucharist, together with hundreds of thousands of faithful from all over the world, the Pope paused for a few minutes in the crypt which houses the body of the saint, lighting two lamps in memory of his visit.

In his homily, Benedict XVI reflected on the Gospel of the day, which recounts the miracle of the clamed storm (Mk 4, 35-41). “The solemn gesture of calming the stormy sea is clearly a sign of the lordship of Christ over the negative powers and it induces us to think of His divinity: "Who is He – ask the disciples in wonder - that even the wind and the sea obey him?" (Mk 4.41). Their faith is not yet steadfast, it is taking shape, is a mixture of fear and trust; rather Jesus trusting abandonment to the Father is full and pure. This is why He sleeps during the storm, completely safe in the arms of God - but there will come a time when Jesus will feel anxiety and fear: When His time comes, He shall feel upon himself the whole weight of the sins of humanity, as a massive swell that is about to fall upon Him. Oh yes, that shall be a terrible storm, not a cosmic one, but a spiritual one. It will be Evil’s last, extreme assault against the Son of God….. In that hour, Jesus was on the one hand entirely One with the Father, fully given over to him – on the other, as in solidarity with sinners, He was separated and He felt abandoned”.

Padre Pio too, said the pope, lived these “storms” together with Christ. “Remaining united to Jesus, - explains Benedict XVI - he always had his sights on the depths of the human drama, and this was why he offered his many sufferings, why he was able to spend himself in the care for and relief of the sick - a privileged sign of God's mercy, of his kingdom which is coming, indeed, which is already in the world, a sign of the victory of love and life over sin and death. Guide souls and relieving suffering: thus we can sum up the mission of Saint Pio of Pietrelcina: as the servant of God, Pope Paul VI said of him". “Padre Pio –he added - drew on the path of holiness by his own testimony, showing by example the "track" that leads to it: prayer and charity”. Benedict XVI recalls the intensity with which Padre Pio celebrated mass and how the hospital founded by him “the House for the Relief of Suffering”, is the fruit of his close bond with the Sacred Heart of Christ.

And speaking to the friars, the spiritual groups linked to Padre Pio and all those listening, he affirmed: “The risks of activism and secularization are always present, so my visit was also meant to confirm fidelity to the mission inherited from your beloved Father. Many of you, religious and laity, are so taken by the full duties required by the service to pilgrims, or the sick in the hospital, you run the risk of neglecting the real need: to listen to Christ to do the will of God. When you see that you are close to running this risk, look to Padre Pio: In his example, his sufferings, and invoke his intercession, because it obtains from the Lord the light and strength that you need to continue his mission soaked by love for God and fraternal charity”.

After the Mass, Benedict XVI led the Angelus prayer, recalling the devotion that Padre Pio had to the Madonna. "All his life - he said - and his apostolate took place under the maternal gaze of the Blessed Virgin and by the power of her intercession. Even the House for the Relief of Suffering he considered to be the work of Mary, 'Health of the sick'. "

"To the intercession of Our Lady and St Pio of Pietrelcina - he added - I would like to entrust the Special Year for Priests, which I opened last Friday on the Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. May it be a privileged opportunity to highlight the value of the mission and holiness of priests to serve the Church and humanity in the third millennium! "

Before beginning the Marian prayer, the pontiff briefly recalled the UN World Day for Refugees, held yesterday: "There are many people who seek refuge in other countries fleeing from situations of war, persecution and natural disasters, and hosting them poses many difficulties, but is nevertheless necessary. God grant that, with the commitment of everyone, we do as much as possible to remove the causes of such a sad phenomenon. "
http://www.asianews.it/index.php?l=en&a ... o=1&size=A
By Cathy B
Gee,

Thanks for making my day Gael :D :D .

God Bless,
Cathy B

Hail Mary..
By marylover
this is awesome Gael.
By marylover
I dont know if you posted this Gael or not and may have missed it, but I could not below the youtube clip that actually showed Padre Pios "heart" when Pope Benedict visited the body of Padre.

I thought this was amazing: THE VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-zkIyyiISM

this heart looked pretty large to me. 8) looks like it can handle alot of our requests.
By Cathy B
I have been praying extra hard to Padre Pio for my brother-in-law Bill, as they both have the same birthday, May 25th.

Bill in all likelyhood, will soon be with Padre Pio, He has has several bad turns for the worst in the past few days. I'm also praying up a storm that I will get to see him before it's to late. I talk to him several times a day by phone though. He has been to confession (in the hospital) has had the blessing of the sick and he's praying.

May I ask eyeryone to say a small prayer for him. I love him to pieces.

God Bless,
Cathy B

Hail Mary..
By marylover
Oh Cathy I will still keep praying for him. I am so glad Padre Pio is helping you and him through this.

I sometimes go to this site, it is the closest thing I have to being in Italy with our dear Padre, its the webcam of the his church in Italy.

Padre Pio church San Giovanni webcam:

www.santuariopadrepio.it/webcam.html

prayers said for you and your brother in law.
By Mt. Carmel
Prayer of gratefulness for obtaining the glorification of Saint Padre Pio of Pietrelcina.

O Jesus, Eternal High Priest, You granted to your humble servant, Padre Pio, the grace to be a true priest according to the Gospel and a devoted son of Your Blessed Mother. You also granted him the desire to be in close union with You on the Cross because of his great love of You and the Salvation of all men. We ask You, therefore, to grant us through his prayers and intercession the grace of ...(mention your petition) and thank YOU for the great joy of seeing him raised to the glory of the Saints. Amen.

Our Father,
Hail Mary
and Glory be.

Those who consider they have received some favour by means of this prayer may send that information to:
Capuchin Fathers
San Giovanni Rotondo 71013, (Foggia)~ Italy.

Peace and Love.
By Patriciadonovan
mamamary wrote:oh how exciting to be able to watch our holy father visit padre pio's tomb!!!

Mamamary I pray that you make it.....

It was an awesome experience to be at the Canonisation of Padre Pio in vatican square in a heat wave among 300.000 pilgrims on the 16th June 2002 Amen
By Mt. Carmel
Patriciadonovan wrote:

Mamamary I pray that you make it.....

It was an awesome experience to be at the Canonisation of Padre Pio in vatican square in a heat wave among 300.000 pilgrims on the 16th June 2002 Amen
I would imagine it most certainly was! St. Pio would have been granted many extra graces on that day, to gift people in need with.

Peace and Love.
By mamamary
oh pat, what a blessing that it was for you to be there on that day! :D i hope and pray your life continues to be filled with the graces of this great saint!