Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By beloved
Our Lady came with little Jesus in her arms and she did not give a message,
but little Jesus began to speak and said:
"I am your peace, live my commandments."
With a sign of the cross, Our Lady and little Jesus blessed us together.

http://www.medjugorje.hr/en
By kerigma
Jesus speaking in this way echo’s his farewell discourse in John’s Gospel
Good catch.
It may also be a warning.
If everybody is praying so hard for recognition, and if
that is every bodies true hearts desire, and the praying
from all the hearts go in that direction, then Jesus
can certainly help out.
We all know that for recognition, the apparitions must
stop. Maybe a hint.
As I said before, the true hearts desire should be the
salvation of souls, not recognition. But it is human to
want recognition. Even so Jesus does not let us widows
looking at the message from Jakov, who for years just
came back with a baby Jesus waiving message, and today
came back with.
"Dear children, give the gift of your life to me and completely surrender to me so that I may help you to comprehend my motherly love and the love of my Son for you. My children, I love you immeasurably and today, in a special way, on the day of the birth of my Son, I desire to receive each of you into my heart and to give a gift of your lives to my Son. My children, Jesus loves you and gives you the grace to live in His mercy, but sin has overtaken many of your hearts and you live in darkness. Therefore, my children, do not wait, say `no' to sin and surrender your hearts to my Son, because only in this way will you be able to live God's mercy and, with Jesus in your hearts, set out on the way of salvation."
By irskinja
Merry Christmas everyone.

The message from Jesus was a big surprise for me.

Does this really mean she is about to leave us? I hope not. I want to try and convert a few souls by bring them to Medjugorje while she is still with us on earth.
By TimHaley
Hi irskinja and welcome to the Medjugorje Forum! Great to have you join us.

This was a surprise to everyone as it has never occurred before to the best of my knowledge.

If there is any deeper meaning to this, we don't know. It is reported that Marija wept afterward which is also unusual for Marija.

I felt Bluecross really expressed it well. I sensed something special about this message as I'm sure most others have as well.

Those seven words Jesus spoke contain everything. How powerful is that!

Merry Christmas and God bless ...

Tim
By LizzysMum
beloved wrote:Our Lady came with little Jesus in her arms and she did not give a message,
but little Jesus began to speak.
Does anyone have any idea of the approximate age of Jesus in this apparition?
By mamamary
he came as an infant, lizzysmum, so by definition of infant, that would be under the age of 24 months.

very powerful. as always, we must accept the message with faith and trust in Our Savior. His Will be done.
By mamamary
"I am your peace, live my commandments." Message of 12/25/12

To me, the message also rang out of finality. For some reason, these two passages came to mind, when Christ speaks of his peace and giving his peace. Both are also speaking of an ending of sorts, recognizing signs, and things coming to pass.

bluecross, the luke passage speaks to the medjugorje naysayers and His Peace....
Opponents may still dispute that Our Lady and Jesus has appeared to Marija, but they cannot dispute the truth of the message. As I indicated in my previous post, it points us in the direction of John’s Gospel and the farewell discourse of Jesus to his apostles, and is a summary of all that Our Lady has been teaching us this past 31 years with her messages. She bears the Word of God.
In LUKE….

[51] Think ye, that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, no; but separation. [52] For there shall be from henceforth five in one house divided: three against two, and two against three. [53] The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against his father, the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother, the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. [54] And he said also to the multitudes: When you see a cloud rising from the west, presently you say: A shower is coming: and so it happeneth: [55] And when ye see the south wind blow, you say: There will be heat: and it cometh to pass.

[56] You hypocrites, you know how to discern the face of the heaven and of the earth: but how is it that you do not discern this time? [57] And why even of yourselves, do you not judge that which is just? [58] And when thou goest with thy adversary to the prince, whilst thou art in the way, endeavour to be delivered from him: lest perhaps he draw thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the exacter, and the exacter cast thee into prison. [59] I say to thee, thou shalt not go out thence, until thou pay the very last mite.

And in JOHN…..

[26] But the Paraclete, the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and bring all things to your mind, whatsoever I shall have said to you. [27] Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, do I give unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, nor let it be afraid. [John 14:27] [Latin] [28] You have heard that I said to you: I go away, and I come unto you. If you loved me, you would indeed be glad, because I go to the Father: for the Father is greater than I. [29] And now I have told you before it comes to pass: that when it shall come to pass, you may believe. [30] I will not now speak many things with you. For the prince of this world cometh, and in me he hath not any thing.
By mamamary
Amen to those words, blue!

just as when two friends part ways at the end of a holiday visit, we say goodbye, we leave our peace and blessings with each other, but we continue to 'be' every moment in everyday, just not in each other's physical presence.

in the Christmas message, Christ tells us to LIVE His commandments. in a way, he is telling us there is still much work to be done, in living His commandments, His greatest commandment must burn in our hearts--to love him with all our heart, mind and soul, and to love our neighbors as ourselves.

this message is still very much like Our Lady's...it is a call to love, a call to action, a call to continue His work!

after this message, as with the others, there will still be those who choose not to believe, much like the passage above reminds us of families divided over Him. we can easily see how medjugorje divides the family of the catholic church between those who recognize the apparitions, and those who do not. it is a reminder for more prayer, more sacrifice because nothing is impossible for God.
By TimHaley
TimHaley wrote:For those on Facebook, you can listen to Marija's interview with Fr. Livio Fanzaga of Radio Maria about the latest apparition and message. It is all in Itallian but hopefully the interview will be translated at some point into English.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=454471917934268

Here is some of what Marija relayed during her interview regarding yesterday's apparition:

http://www.medjugorjetoday.tv/8451/mari ... authority/
By mamamary
she is also quoted as saying, “Jesus addressed me as the King of Peace."

i wonder if he said other words to her, by addressing her as the King of Peace, did he say "I am the King of Peace"?

incredible message, for sure! i am looking forward to hearing more from marija!
By leo daly
This is fascinating, I read this just before leaving for a party yesterday. I couldn't wait to get back onto the forum. I don't know what to say. I have mentioned before that I felt Medjugorje wouldn't go much longer, now I'm almost sure of it. But then we have to remember Our Lady's words of August 25, 1997

"Dear children! God gives me this time as a gift to you, so that I may instruct and lead you on the path of salvation. Dear children, now you do not comprehend this grace, but soon a time will come when you will lament for these messages. That is why, little children, live all of the words which I have given you through this time of grace and renew prayer, until prayer becomes a joy for you. Especially, I call all those who have consecrated themselves to my Immaculate Heart to become an example to others. I call all priests and religious brothers and sisters to pray the rosary and to teach others to pray. The rosary, little children, is especially dear to me. Through the rosary open your heart to me and I am able to help you. Thank you for having responded to my call."

I'll be glued to the computer more often now
Cheers
Leo.
By Medjugorjeprayers
From Medjugorje Today quoting Marija:

"I am your Peace, live My Commandments."

I am basking in the eloquent beauty and pure simplicity of Christ's words...
As noted before by others, this sums up all of Mary's messages in one simple phrase easy enough for everyone to understand and complicated enough for the leaned to stumble.
Last edited by Medjugorjeprayers on Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
By leo daly
I haven't seen any of the visionaries feet but....

Psalm 72:3

Mountains and hills, bring peace to the people! With justice.

Medju (Between) Gorje (Hills)

Is this Psalm referring to Medjugorje
By gtc
Isn’t this the first time Jesus has spoken to the world on this scale since the Acts of the Apostles (putting the Acts in context that it is part of scripture, widely read throughout the years)? I am not aware in our history since then that there has been a direct message to the world from Jesus himself. This is amazing. How blessed we are to see these words.