Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By leo daly
Fr Jozo even mentioned it in one of the videos.

Monday, August 24, 1981
In Vicka's diary, August 25th, she writes: Yesterday, Monday the 24th at 10:45am, Mirjana and I were at Ivan's house. We heard a commotion and we went out running. Outside, everybody was looking at the cross on Krizevac. At the spot of the cross, Mirjana, Jakov, Ivan and I saw the Blessed Virgin, and the people saw something like her statue, which then began to disappear, and the cross appeared again. Over the entire sky everyone saw, written in gold letters, the word "MIR" (which means peace in Croatian).
By bluecross
The same could be said for all the solar phenomenon associated with Medjugorje.

Seems to me the primary source the Commission relied on for testimony were the tape recordings of the visionaries made during the first seven days.

The evidence was in place from the very start.

The bishop of Mostar pronounced from the altar at St James “the children are not lying” (later to change his mind). And then the politics of Church and State kicked in to cloud the issue ever since.
By Prodigals
leo daly wrote:At the spot of the cross, Mirjana, Jakov, Ivan and I saw the Blessed Virgin, and the people saw something like her statue,
Taken during the 1990's from Podbro with a 35mm film SLR using a very long telephoto lens (hence the grain)
Attachments
Mary on Krizevac.jpg
Mary on Krizevac.jpg (246.88 KiB) Viewed 7129 times
By Prodigals
No. It was given to me by an acquaintance who took it.

The back story on the picture is he was going up Podbro when many of the local people there started pointing to Krizevac and talking among themselves in Croatian. He asked what was going on, and someone told him the Gospa was visiting Her Son's cross again. He said that they told him that it happens from time to time.

He had all his camera gear with him, and took this picture.
By ActionReq
Can you see her on the right?
In the fine-structure of the blue?
This pic is incredible. You can
see her floating there with
her hands folded and her cloak.

Btw, on the left-side of the cross
there is also satan.

If you can't see it pray a rosary
and look again.
By gtc
Sorry I don't see what Action Req sees. The picture is very grainy and the sky is just a sky that looks grainy. My monitor is old, so that may be why. I see a very bright light on the left which I assume is the sun shining on something.
By ActionReq
If you pray a rosary or two,
you will probably see it.
No matter your monitor.
By ActionReq
Good I will help you this time
But next time pray your rosaries!
Then you will see it immediately
without my help.

By gtc
I already prayed 3 rosaries today. Not sure what one more will do, but thank you very much for the artwork. I can sort of make it out now.

I recall these types of photos are hard for me to make out in general anyway. I never do well when someone has one of those things where if you stare at it long enough you see something. I never do. Guess that is not my gift.
By Prodigals
The reason the photo was taken is the white form on the left. This is what the Croatian locals said appears from time to time in that spot.
The form resembles the shape of Our Lady of Grace as seen from the rear, with Her hands down, facing the cross.
Prodigals wrote:Taken during the 1990's from Podbro with a 35mm film SLR using a very long telephoto lens (hence the grain)
Prodigals, The grain is coming from high ISO in combo with the long lens, maybe up to 1000 ISO which worked well with lower light conditions. I took all my shots during the early 90's and I am dealing with this as well but not quite as extreme. I've had to work really hard on my front cover photo capturing a moment at the big cross to make it print ready.

Love the picture! Love the grain, Love everything about it... A beautiful moment captured in time. Thanks for sharing!
By Prodigals
When Our Lady was asked if She is really appearing at the foot of the Cross on Mt Krizevac, She responded: “…Almost everyday I am at the foot of the cross…” (December 31, 1981)
By bluecross
Leo wrote:
Over the entire sky everyone saw, written in gold letters, the word "MIR" (which means peace in Croatian).
Strange that there is no photographic evidence of this event, considering all the people who witnessed it.

Not that I doubt it happened. I knew a priest from close to where I live who said he saw it. He even said this from his pulpit during Mass one Sunday morning.
By Prodigals
Angelica wrote: Made my hair stand up on edge
In an interview with the visionary Vicka by the late Fr. Janko Bubalo he asked her about the unusual dramatic signs that are frequently seen on Mt. Krizevac.

Fr. Janko: “We know that on more than one occasion, a mysterious light shone at Krizevac.

Vicka: “It wasn’t a light, it was the Virgin…We sometimes saw Her quite clearly.”

Vicka also reminded the priest that he also had seen Our Lady on Krizevac:

Fr. Janko: “I did, Vicka, I saw Her clearly – with binoculars, on the 22nd of October, 1981, somewhere about five o’clock in the afternoon. I wasn’t the only one to see it. There were at least seventy of us kneeling and praying between the church and parish house in Medjugorje, at the time…As far as I know, you asked the Virgin the very next day as to whether or not that was Her sign at the Cross on Krizevac or…you said that She confirmed Her presence on that occasion.

Vicka: “Yes we did, we did! And She confirmed that it was. And some said that they again saw Her the next day, and the day after by the Cross…She once told us that She was often at the Cross on Krizevac, and that She begged Her Son to forgive the sins of the world."

Fr. Janko: “In light of this, Krizevac is a favorite place to Her?

Vicka: “It is. She told us that often.”