Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By Medjugorjeprayers
Every evening I have been going to a special place to pray for peace in our families and the world as Our Lady of Medjugorje has requested. I have also prayed for those here with prayer requests that I have written down on a list that keeps growing.

The picture attached here of Mary in the wildflowers was taken on Sunday evening while praying high in the alpine above 12K. Mary looks so beautiful surrounded by her Son’s creation. I also tried to take some pictures without Mary and the attached prayer list but they all seem so void and empty now without her… This is probably a good thing as my love for Mary and others continue to grow each day. This isn’t so good for my photo assignments that I have gotten behind on…. Oh well!

Last evening, I forgot to take Mary and the prayer list with me and I near disaster struck. I arrived late in the evening as a beautiful sunset was taking shape. Suddenly, my engine started smoking so bad that I thought it was on fire. I pulled over and upon inspection, noticed a fuel line was leaking. I spent the next hour making the temporary repair. By the time I was finished, the sunset was gone and darkness had set in.

Was it because I didn’t have Mary and the list with me? It definitely makes me wonder as something like this has never happened before… I’ll definitely remember to bring it with me tonight!

The more I pray especially for others, the closer I feel to Mary and Jesus. At first, my increased prayer was difficult to get through. But just as Our Lady of Medjugorje told us through her messages, it has become easier the more I do it. I am now looking forward to it with great joy!

Increased prayer has opened up new opportunities daily. My sister and I were recently able to talk with a group of college students about our Medjugorje experience which was a real honor. We plan to start doing this more often where ever the requests come from especially since Mary has again asked us to pray for our youth at Ivan’s recent Apparition Hill apparition.

God bless everyone!

https://www.medjugorjejourney.com/
Attachments
Mary and prayer requests wildflowers Rocky mountains  sunset email mf.jpg
Mary and prayer requests wildflowers Rocky mountains sunset email mf.jpg (213.47 KiB) Viewed 6548 times
By MRSTOL
Dear Medjugorjeprayers,

I too have a "laundry list" of petitions that I pray for. My list also grows and grows. I wonder how the "Visionnaires" can pray or how they pray for all who visit them and ask for intersesary prayers. My husband and I walk each nite either 4 0r 6 miles in preparation for our trip to Medjugorje in October (and to loose weight). I began praying rosaries all the way which takes us 2.5 hours. I pray a decade for each intension. My rock rosary from Medjugorje mysteriously broke on our walk on August 7th. My rosaries always break. I say "satan" tried to stop me from praying. I also encountered a man from India who also started to pray the rosary on the walk. He chanted praises to the Blessed Mother. His rosary was also all worn and loose. I gave him a rosary that I bought in Rome which was blessed by the Pope. He was very happy.We never know who we touch with our rosary practice.

My point is continue to pray for ours and the BVM will protect and bless us abundantly!!!

Love in Christ,
MRSTOL
By bluecross
MP asked:
Was it because I didn’t have Mary and the list with me?
I am always with you (July 19, 1984)

as for the forgotten list…
I carry all of you in my heart (September 25, 2000)

The temptation is to place out trust in works created by man.

Mary’s presence is not confined to images and lists.

The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.
By Medjugorjeprayers
ministryvalues wrote: great picture
Thanks MV! I like to picture myself in this setting as often as possible with Mary and Jesus in God's beautiful creation!
MRSTOL wrote:I too have a "laundry list" of petitions that I pray for. My list also grows and grows.
MRSTOL, Mary is reaching out to all those in a special way who are willing to follow her messages. I've been hearing this same thing from many people lately. There is a lot of prayer going on right now despite the trouble in our world - something to brighten up our day!

bluecross wrote:Mary’s presence is not confined to images and lists.
BC, as usual your theology is correct :) I understand that Mary and Jesus are always with us in our hearts. But images and lists can help us keep focused and organize our prayers. The fact that Mary's image and my prayer list wasn't with me that evening was beside the point. I feel that the evil one may have thrown an obstacle in my path to prevent me from praying. If I would have had Mary's Image and prayer list with me as a reminder, maybe I wouldn't have spent most of my time worrying about my situation and instead spent more time praying... As it turned out, I prayed very little that evening...
Last edited by Medjugorjeprayers on Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By crystal
MP, you are giving many gifts to the world via your beautiful, faith-filled photos and your steadfast, earnest love for Mary and her Son. Very inspiring!
By Medjugorjeprayers
crystal wrote:your steadfast, earnest love for Mary and her Son. Very inspiring!
Your encouraging words are inspiring to me! How can I do anything less considering all they have done for me and others here? Unfortunately, I fall short and have a lot of work to do.... God Bless!
By Wooday
Thank you for these encouraging words.
I want to say:
I joined this forum over ten years ago. I have wanted to go to Medjugorje for a Long Time. Six days ago I returned from my first pilgrimage, a week long. Because I had waited So Long to go, I took the view that I must live the week as though it will be my only visit. So I slept less than normal. The Youth Festival, which ended in the middle of my week, blew me away. I prepared and went to confession with Fr Leon, an experience I will Never forget. I climbed Krisevac and Pdbro in bare feet, inspired by seeing others do this... And So Much more... What I had long imagined became technicolour and real. I will be a long time digesting this experience.
By MRSTOL
Dear Wooday,

I am very happy for you having a beautiful experience in Medjugorje. I too have climbed both mountain and hill barefoot for my miracle. It is happening. I will return in Oct 2017 to climb Apparition Hill barefooted in thanksgiving to the BVM for my miracle granted. Each time I go is a memorable experience. I have been going since 1988. My husband who is a non catholic has grown to love the BVM. He has MORE faith than I do if true be known.

Each of any future trips you make will be an epiphany of events. I can hardly sleep or wait for October 26, 2017 to visit the BVM's home on earth.

Love In Christ,
MRSTOL
By Medjugorjeprayers
Medjugorjeprayers wrote:The Youth Festival, which ended in the middle of my week, blew me away. I prepared and went to confession with Fr Leon, an experience I will Never forget.
Thanks for your kind words Wooday! I love to hear your passion about your trip to Medjugorje - some things never change even after over 30 years.
Two things I like the most about Medjugorje:
1. The fact the millions of youth are being either directly (by traveling there) or indirectly (through prayer or other activities at home that have it's origin from Medjugorje) led to Jesus through Mary at a time in history when our youth are being overwhelmed with immoral influences.

2. Confession is the key to our faith and Medjugorje is like no other when confession is concerned.

Recently, I large group of faithful have started a Consecration to Jesus through Mary! If you haven't already you might consider doing this especially after returning. It will bring you even closer to Jesus and Mary....

http://www.quies.org/True-Consecration-33-Day.pdf

God bless you Wooday!
By Wooday
Thank you for these responses MRSTOL and Medjugorjeprayers.

My first response to (and indeed my preparation for) my trip is to live the Messages as Our Lady requests. I will look at the consecration you speak of.

My wife is resistant to Medjugorje and has always insisted she will never go there. I pray about this..... This is the reason for my many years longing for Medjugorje at a distance (joining this forum was just one expression). I also think it will be some time before I can go back... I believe there was a right time for me to go and will be a right time to return - I put that in Our Lord and Our Lady's hands.

It was important for me to be there before the apparitions ended, that much was clear to me and now accomplished. The experience has deeply impacted and enriched me.. "Technicolor and real" as I described it, it is now easier to go there in my imagination as an aid to my prayer. The pilgrimage of my Life has been given a wonderful boost.

God bless
By MRSTOL
Dear Wooday,

I too had a resistant spouse. My husband who is a non catholic finally went to Medjugorje with me after 11 years of marriage. He now loves and believes in the BVM. He has more faith than I do. I prayed many rosaries and novenas. He resisted until our son needed a miracle. He then went to support me in my journey for a miracle. The miracle happened. then we needed another and another. Now we go in profound THANKSGIVING for the BVM petitioning to her Son for us. We have been seven times together. He loves going. He finds tremendous peace. He enjoys Europe very much and looks forward to our journey of peace. Right now he can hardly wait for October to come.

My point is that MIRACLES do happen!!! He reminds me that in God's time not mine.

I will pray that she goes with you soon.

Love in Christ,
MRSTOL
By Medjugorjeprayers
bluecross wrote:More than God’s?
Hi BC, I almost missed this one. I have to admit this one brought on a big smile.... :D

I think you answered this with your comment :wink:

I hope all is well. Prayers for you and yours...

God Bless!