Share your favorite prayers and your most cherished means of connecting with God, including prayers that you wrote.

Moderators: MedjAdmin, Management

324. First Letter of Peter 1: 12-18 Beloved, do not be surprised that a trial by fire is occurring among you, as if something strange were happening to you. But rejoice to the extent that you share in the sufferings of Christ, so that when His glory is revealed you may also rejoice exultantly. If you are insulted for the Name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. But let no one among you be made to suffer as a murderer, a thief, an evildoer, or as an intriguer. But whoever is made to suffer as a Christian should not be ashamed but glorify God because of the Name. For it is time for the judgment to begin with the household of God; if it begins with us, how will it end for those who fail to obey the Gospel of God. "And if the righteous one is barely saved, where will the godless and the sinner appear?"
No Holy Names references in the Second Letter of Peter
The Apostle John wrote the following three letters in the Bible but only letters one and three contain references to the Name of the LORD.
325. First Letter of John 2: 12 I am writing to you, children, because your sins have been forgiven for His Name's sake.
328. Third Letter of John verses 5-8 Beloved, you are faithful in all you do for the brothers, especially for strangers; they have testified to your love before the church. Please help them in a way worthy of God to continue their journey. For they have set out for the sake of the Name and are accepting nothing from the pagans. Therefore, we ought to support such persons, so that we may be co-workers in the truth.
The Letter of Jude contains no references to the Name of the LORD
The last book of the Bible is the Revelation to John or called the Book of Revelation, or the Apocalypse, or sometimes it is known as the 'Sealed Book.' This book is not easily understood because of the imagery and symbolism in the text. Angels, scrolls, bowls, lamp stands, and many other images, also many frightening images like the red dragon, the black beast tell of times of unprecedented upheaval before the coming of the LORD. It is best to read this book using the footnotes. You should read this book because it states clearly in the text that those who read it will be blessed. In terms of understanding the meaning of the text, only time and the inspiration of the Holy Spirit through the consecrated Clergy will impart the meaning of the text to us. It has been called the 'sealed book' because its meaning will be elusive to the reader until the appointed time, then its meaning will be unsealed and will present clarity to the believer. The Italian priest, Father Stefano Gobbi received audible locutions or messages from Our Lady from 1973 to 1997. The messages Father Gobbi received were primarily for priests because they are the shepherds of our souls. Our Lady has made sure that the priests have the messages at hand so they know the signs of the times. Some of the messages of Our Lady talk of the meaning of some of the most threatening images in the book of Revelation. If you have the handbook of messages called To the Priests, Our Lady's Beloved Sons, you will have already no doubt read of the meaning of the red dragon, the black beast, the meaning behind 666. Father Gobbi spent the last 38 years of his life traveling the world holding prayer cenacles and witnessing to priests and laity about Our Lady, the signs of the times, and Her request that all people become consecrated to Her Immaculate Heart.
At Medjugorje too, Our Lady has been giving some indication through the messages both on the 2nd of the month and the 25th of the month to be prepared. Recall the message of May 2, 2016 where She called us 'apostles of the revelation' and she made reference to 'shattered crosses.' This May 2, 2016 message was the first one given for unbelievers after the release of Amoris Laetitia, the papal document that blurs the teaching for the reception of the Eucharist for those who have been divorced and remarried. Here is the last half of that message (...Do not forget that in the Eucharist, which is the heart of faith, my Son is always with you. He comes to you and breaks the bread with you; because, my children, for your sake He died, He resurrected and is coming anew. These words of mine are familiar to you because they are the truth, and the truth does not change. It is only that many of my children have forgotten it. My children, my words are neither old nor new, they are eternal. Therefore, I invite you, my children, to observe well the signs of the times, to 'gather the shattered crosses' and to be apostles of the revelation. Thank you. ) So in this message, Our Lady tells us to observe the signs of the times, that we are the apostles of the revelation, and that Jesus is coming anew, an awesome thought that it may happen in our days. Sister Emmanuel explained the 'shattered crosses' phrase in this newsletter https://sremmanuel.org/newsletter/may-2016-report/

From Sister Emmanuel's October 2016 newsletter:
One day, I asked Mirjana: “Did Our Lady talk to you about the end of the world?”
“No, never.”
“Did she tell you about the second Coming of Christ?”
Mirjana looked at me, as if the answer was obvious, a no-brainer: “Yes, of course!”
“And what did she say to you?”
“This, I can’t tell now,” said Mirjana. “I will tell you later!”

And from August 2, 2017 one of the sentences in Our Lady's message is "When my Son comes to the earth anew, He will look for love in your hearts."

So we have a lot to look forward to both sorrows and joys, but let's just keep going with the book of Revelation.
The Apostle John the Evangelist (author of the Gospel of John and the 3 letters of John) is also the author of the Book of Revelation. Chapters 2 and 3 are correspondences to seven churches. They follow a pattern of commendation for being faithful, criticism for faults, call to repentance, threat of judgment, and promise of reward for those who respond.
329. Book of Revelation 2:3 (Jesus's message to Ephesus) "Moreover, you have endurance, and you have suffered for My Name, and you have not grown weary."
330. Book of Revelation 2:13, 17 (Jesus's message to Pergamum)
verse 13 "I know that you live where satan's throne is, and yet you hold fast to My Name and have not denied your faith in Me, not even in the days of Antipas, My faithful witness, who was martyred among you, where satan lives.
verse 17 {{This passage has to do with the LORD giving the faithful person a new name. Recall that often God renames favored persons. For example: Abram to Abraham, Sarai to Sarah, Jacob to Israel, Simon to Peter, and Saul to Paul}} Book of Revelation 2:17 (Jesus's message to Pergamum) "Whoever has ears ought to hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the victor I shall give some of the hidden manna; I shall also give a white amulet upon which is inscribed a new name, which no one knows except the one who receives it."
332. Book of Revelation 3:12 (message to Philadelphia) "The victor I will make into a pillar in the temple of My God and he will never leave it again. On him I will inscribe the Name of My God and the Name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, as well as My new Name."
333. Book of Revelation 11:16-18 (After the seventh angel blew the trumpet) The twenty-four elders who sat on their thrones before God prostrated themselves and worshiped God and said: "We give thanks to You, LORD God almighty, Who are and Who were. For You have assumed Your great power and have established Your reign. The nations raged, but Your wrath has come, and the time for the dead to be judged, and to recompense Your servants, the prophets, and the holy ones and those who fear Your Name, the small and the great alike, and to destroy those who destroy the earth."
334. Book of Revelation 13:4-6 They worshiped the dragon because it gave its authority to the beast; they also worshiped the beast and said, "Who can compare with the beast or who can fight against it?" The beast was given a mouth uttering proud boasts and blasphemies, and it was given authority to act for forty-two months. It opened its mouth to utter blasphemies against God, blaspheming His Name and His dwelling and those who dwell in Heaven.
335. Book of Revelation 14:1 Then I looked and there was the Lamb standing on Mount Zion and with Him a hundred and forty-four thousand who had His Name and His Father's Name written on their foreheads. {{{{Hopefully that will be us one day}}}}
336. Book of Revelation 15:3-4 They were holding God's harps, and they sang the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb: "Great and wonderful are Your works, LORD God Almighty. Just and true are Your ways, O King of the nations. Who will not fear You, LORD, or glorify Your Name? For You alone are holy. All the nations will come and worship before You, for Your righteous acts have been revealed."
337. Book of Revelation 16:8-9 The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun. It was given the power to burn people with fire. People were burned by the scorching heat and blasphemed the Name of God who had power over these plagues, but they did not repent or give Him glory.
338. Book of Revelation 19: 11-16 Then I saw the heavens opened, and there was a white horse; its Rider was [called] Faithful and True." He judges and wages war in righteousness. His Eyes were [like] a fiery flame, and on His Head were many diadems. He had a Name inscribed that no one knows except Himself. He wore a cloak that had been dipped in blood, and His Name was called the Word of God. The armies of Heaven followed Him, mounted on white horses and wearing clean white linen. Out of His Mouth came a sharp sword to strike the nations. He will rule them with an iron rod, and He Himself will tread out in the wine press the wine of the fury and the wrath of God the Almighty. He has a Name written on His cloak and on His Thigh, "King of kings and LORD of lords."
The last scriptural entry with respect to the Name of the LORD
339. Book of Revelation 22: 1-4 Then the angel showed me the river of life-giving water, sparkling like crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of its street. On either side of the river grew the tree of life that produces fruit twelve times a year, once each month; the leaves of the trees serve as medicine for the nations. Nothing accursed will be found there anymore. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and His servants will worship Him. They will look upon His Face, and His Name will be on their foreheads. Night will be no more, nor will they need light from lamp or sun, for the LORD God shall give them light, and they shall reign forever and ever.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I will complete this thread in the next few days with entries regarding the Name of the LORD within the Mass.
340. The first instance of the Name of the LORD at Holy Mass
After the opening procession of the priest and the introductory hymn the priest turns and together with the congregation makes the sign of the cross saying: "In the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." We say Amen.

We literally begin the Mass with the Name of the LORD.
341. Many times the readings at Mass praise the Name of the LORD.
The second regular praise of the Name of the LORD at Mass is during the Liturgy of the Eucharist when the priest prays over the gifts. He says, "Pray brothers and sisters, that our sacrifice may be acceptable to God the Almighty Father." And we say, "May the Lord accept the sacrifice at your hands for the praise and glory of His Name, for our good, and the good of all His holy Church." My comment on this is: WOW, I have said this prayer literally thousands of times through my life during Mass, but only in the last few years has its importance gripped me. We offer the Mass #1 for the praise and glory of His Name, #2 for our good and #3 the good of all His holy Church... I hadn't really thought about this offering prayer until a few years ago. I probably would have been a more effective Christian had I thought more carefully about the words of the prayer and the importance of their meaning in praising the Name of the LORD.
342. The third regular praise of the Name during Mass is the singing of the Sanctus or the Holy, Holy, Holy when we anticipate Jesus as He comes in the Name of the LORD in the Eucharist.

Holy, holy, holy Lord,
God of power and might, heaven and earth are full of your glory. Hosanna in the highest.
Blessed is He who comes in the Name of the Lord. Hosanna in the highest.
343. If the priest prays the third Eucharistic Prayer, you will hear these words:
"You are indeed Holy, O Lord, and all You have created rightly gives You praise,
for through Your Son our Lord Jesus Christ,
by the power and working of the Holy Spirit,
You give life to all things and make them holy,
and You never cease to gather a people to Yourself,
so that from the rising of the sun to its setting
a pure sacrifice may be offered to Your Name."
+++ I would say that this part of the prayer: 'so that from the rising of the sun to its setting a pure sacrifice may be offered to Your Name' is very beautiful to contemplate and may it be fulfilled more and more with each passing moment. Amen +++
344. After the Eucharistic prayer is said and the great AMEN is sung by the congregation, we rise and pray the LORD's prayer in which we praise His holy Name.
"Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil."
(the priest says,) "Deliver us, LORD from every evil, and grant us peace in our day. In Your mercy keep us free from sin and protect us from all anxiety as we wait in joyful hope for the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ."
We conclude, "For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are Yours, now and forever."

That's all, readers! God bless you and keep you in His holy Name.
That's all, readers! God bless you and keep you in His holy Name.

Thank you maryannlucy! I've enjoyed reading these posts, will miss them!
excellent article: http://www.catholicstand.com/converting-blasphemers/ by Peter Darcy
The Blasphemy All Around Us
Casual swearing. Routine profanity. Mainstreamed irreverence. These curses of our age don’t seem to shock us like they used to. Ever since Rhett Butler first uttered the “D” word in Gone with the Wind in 1939, the entertainment industry has gone from bad to worse in its moral offensiveness. Every modern venue of entertainment, from comedy to movies to late-night talk shows, has been coarsened by vulgar, profane, and obscene language and behavior that have now become the rule rather than the exception.

From a spiritual point of view, however, the sustained erosion of moral standards in word and image always builds to one terrible apex: blasphemy, that habit of reviling God that the Second Commandment warns us about: “You shall not invoke the name of the Lord your God in vain” (Exodus 20:7).

If you don’t believe that blasphemy has become an industry standard just watch the next R-rated movie to come out in the theaters. For that matter, click on any new Netflix series in the comfort of your living room and you will be amazed at how far we have fallen into the pit of verbal and visual offenses against God’s most holy Name. It’s simply awful.

I’m not a culture warrior but I am a fervent Christian, and I am seriously concerned about the power of pervasive blasphemy to deprive us of God’s blessing as a nation and as individuals. The second part of the Second Commandment is very clear about this: “For the Lord will not leave unpunished anyone who invokes his name in vain.”

As I have noted elsewhere, I believe that the horrible Harvey Weinstein scandal of recent months is related more to his blasphemy than to his atrocious behavior – and that is saying quite a lot. The man has a track record of anti-Catholic movies that would make Satan proud – Priest, The Butcher Boy, Dogma, Sin City, just to name a few. He is now reaping the ugly fruits of his mockery of God and the Church.
What to do?

But here is the basic dilemma: What can any individual do about the spiritual filth of the entire entertainment industry? How can we hope to have any effect on such a huge juggernaut of blasphemy? The answer is simple: don’t look at the forest; look at the trees. Address blasphemy one soul at a time and leave the rest to God.

To be honest, I was not always such a zealous defender of the Lord’s sacred Name. I have always had negative internal reactions to blasphemy, but I don’t recall ever speaking out or expressing my displeasure to anyone in the face of it. Hating blasphemy is one thing; confronting the blasphemer is another. To gain that kind of moral courage I needed an example, and I was given one in a most unlikely place: Marine Corps boot camp. (Read the rest of the article at the link)
I would like to wish you a happy feast of the Holy Name of Jesus. Hopefully some hymns exalting His Holy Name are going through your mind today like All hail the power of Jesus' Name, let angels prostrate fall, bring forth the royal diadem and crown Him LORD God of all, bring forth the royal diadem, and crown Him LORD God of all!
Here is a link to a story about someone calling on His holy Name in a moment of need https://churchpop.com/2016/03/24/supern ... ame-jesus/